WWE2KDev Spotlight Series Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They could've at least given us a schedule for these things. I know Sony did that for MLB The Show this year and gave a schedule in their first video for when each episode would drop and what would be in each one. This was a total waste, not that I expected anything important to be shown, but this was completely unnecessary.

They could've at least given us a schedule for these things. I know Sony did that for MLB The Show this year and gave a schedule in their first video for when each episode would drop and what would be in each one. This was a total waste, not that I expected anything important to be shown, but this was completely unnecessary.

Yeah, I agree. I don't usually come in here and bitch about things but it was quite a letdown. We already knew we were gonna get Dev stuff but it's just a video saying we're gonna be getting info somewhere down the road. Well, we got that info last week in article form so the video was pointless.

I figured there was going to be an intro video people are just over hyping this thing just cuz they're desperate for new information

Yes yes, we're all very impressed with you. Now go back to your corner.

I do, still don't get it. What kills me is the responses saying they don't understand what he's saying when I have little to no problem with it. Must be my many years on boards experiencing different types of posters.

It's one thing if what's actually posted is worth retaliating, but he gets shit on for his tamest posts too. Guess it's just the "cool thing to do" here. I never get why people waste time derailing a topic to focus on him when he's clearly ON it.

*shrugs* whatever though, minority it is.

That video WAS useless though. These poor people who were waiting for something juicy XD

Did he say "new carrying systems"?

Does that mean...UCM type stuff?

Yup, it's back!

This video was utterly pointless. Surely they should have released this last week to hype the upcoming actual footage?

I have to say, i'm a little underwhelmed too at the notion of this series - it actually sounds more 'behind the scenes' than showing us new features/improvements like last year :/

Behind the scenes stuff is cool to an extent, just as long as they're actually teaching us about how things work. Plus they can integrate some of the new feature into those BTS vids.

Honestly I though episode 1 was gonna have something to do with those lighting improvements the Youtubers were shown the other week. They said they were 2k17 models with the new lighting, so technically they wouldn't be directly showing off 2k18 and giving anything away, but still give us a little insight as to how things would work moving forward. Slightly disappointed, though I wasn't expecting too much to be shown regardless. That was simply the safest video I think they could've done at this point, unless they haven't done a Rollins commercial BTS yet.

I'm sure they'll still drop "new feature" vids like last year as well (Match Creator, Royal Rumble, Road to Glory, etc). This series just sounds like a little extra on the side that might still give out info relevant to the improvements

Improvements to MyCareer? lmao. I heard that like, two years ago? Where were the improvements then? It should have been able to function properly like a playable game mode first, but it didn't. It was a complete mess of repeated cut-scenes and things that exist but don't matter; choices that are given but don't amount to anything. These guys are either hypocrites or just incompetent; or maybe both.

Improvements to MyCareer? lmao. I heard that like, two years ago? Where were the improvements then? It should have been able to function properly like a playable game mode first, but it didn't. It was a complete mess of repeated cut-scenes and things that exist but don't matter; choices that are given but don't amount to anything. These guys are either hypocrites or just incompetent; or maybe both.

Welp, that's marketing for ya... getting paid to lie & over exaggerate a product lol. It's going to take quite a bit to move me this year because I'm personally tired of all the hype & build-up for nothing... while 2K is nowhere near as bad as THQ was, they're on the verge of making it.

But in all honesty, I don't expect much from WWE2KDev this month especially. If anything we probably won't start seeing more 2K18 stuff until mid-late August to early September or Summerslam.

i think 2k should show us the collectors edition sooooon

only 85 days and for people like me who like to collect this edition since years we are not preordering cuz we are waiting for this ^^

last year it was around this time when i preorderd the nxt edition...

they have to come out and show something...

i think 2k should show us the collectors edition sooooon

only 85 days and for people like me who like to collect this edition since years we are not preordering cuz we are waiting for this ^^

last year it was around this time when i preorderd the nxt edition...

they have to come out and show something...

Yeah according to my emails it was 15th July last year that I had the NXT edition pre ordered.

If they don't show any videos this week, that will be pure bs. They should not have made an announcement regarding the 2kdev series if they will make us wait for about 3 weeks for a new video or screenshot. Last year if i remember correctly they did not mention any 2kdev series right? They just tweeted it out. I may be wrong.

For now i really want to see a couple of screenshots. I really want to see what this new graphics engine looks like.

If they don't show any videos this week, that will be pure bs. They should not have made an announcement regarding the 2kdev series if they will make us wait for about 3 weeks for a new video or screenshot. Last year if i remember correctly they did not mention any 2kdev series right? They just tweeted it out. I may be wrong.

For now i really want to see a couple of screenshots. I really want to see what this new graphics engine looks like.

Agree completely. Don't even get me started on the nightmare of how they did 2K15, I surely hope 2K won't treat 2K18 the same way. It seems by now we would've gotten at least a couple of screenshots. Just how silent they are really bothers & gets to me honestly. I want to learn about CAWs and the creation suite the most.

Just for a point of reference, the first 2k17 screenshot came out on August 2nd. More than likely, we'll get something this or next week revealing the collector's edition. Last year, the trailer revealing the NXT Expansion DLC and more came out on July 14th. Patience is a virtue.

I just want to see the new graphics engine. A screenshot will be enough to quench my thirst.

Agreed 100%.

Archived