Forget the Switch! Play WWE 2k17/18 or ANY PS4 game on the go.

Bushy.

Okay guys.

After the announcement of WWE 2k18 being brought to the Nintendo Switch, I thought why not do you guys a favor and save you some money and take the same game you love on your PS4 on the go?

Step 1:

So first, you're gonna need to get a PS Vita. There's two models. The 1000 & 2000

It's pretty much the fat vs slim model. Pricing varies depending on which one. I personally had the 1000 and sold it a week later to get the 2000 because of the slim body type, native charging port, overall design and the HORI PS Vita trigger grips are easier to find for the 2000.

4W21A4.jpg

You can get them at gamestop used for cheaper. But if you want them new, check eBay or Amazon for good deals. Also don't be afraid to auction.

Step 2:

You can remote play games just fine with out the trigger grip, but I highly recommend it, because without one, you have to rely on the back touch pad for reversals in the game which isn't all that convenient. The trigger grips basically give you the L2 & R2 trigger buttons which the Vita don't physically have. So you get it if you can. You won't regret it!

RF87q6.jpg

OtXEvD.jpg

http://www.play-asia.com/remote-play-assist-attachment-for-playstation-vita-slim/13/70a3hf

Step 3:

Now this is one you may be able to do without depending on your WiFi situation.

If your WiFi is strong and reliable throughout your house, you can skip this!

I live in a 2 story house. So for me, my router is connected downstairs. My room is upstairs. The strength for my internet to my PC, PS4 etc isn't really strong so I found a easy affordable way to basically get the same speed as you would if you were right in front of it. You can also hard wire your PS4 to it for seamless LAN connection.

UqBoI4.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_0_17?k=powerline+adapter&sprefix=powerline+adapter

Step 4:

Once you got your Vita, (HORI trigger grip) and a good internet connection, select PS4 Link on your Vita. Go to your PS4 and input the code. Connect it. And you're good to go.

xrjQUU.jpg

In closing, you can play your PS4 games ANYWHERE in the world as long as your PS4 is hard wired to LAN, powered on or left in rest mode and the WiFi your Vita is connected to is strong enough to play. You can also turn off your PS4 when you're done through the Vita via remote play. Anything you can do on your PS4 you basically can by RP. Besides using apps I believe.

Only downside is you can only sign into ONE profile from your PS4. You can't sign out. So if you use one save for the game, make sure all the good stuff you want to use on the go is on it. I'm not even exactly sure how it determines which profile to use. It may just be the main profile.

Anyways I tried playing a few hundred miles away from home but the free hotel WiFi wasn't strong enough. However, the WiFi at my job is so it kinda depends. I'd just recommend just taking your Vita with you to different spots and testing it out.

I can't believe I only found out about the Vita in 2017 when the console is practically dead. But hey, there's a use for it after all.

I had a Vita when it was a new thing and didn't know about all that. Maybe it was added later on

I always thought the Vita was a failed console with no use..

I shouldn't haven hopped on the bandwagon because this thing has its uses. Even if it's for remote play alone. I'm surprised so many people don't know about it.

Strange. I only got.my Ps4 in March, never really followed this gen of systems all that much, and even I thought the remote play via Vita was common knowledge

Laptops work as well

Hope have great Internet where ever you go.

Its cute people hating on the switch must be trash-gen users Ps3/360

Yeah how dare people provide an alternative that will save $500

Yeah I suppose that's another mehod. But I know a majority of people have either an android or iPhone as their main device. But thanks for posting!

Sony Xperia phone is a android phone and the xperia tablet is a top of the line android tablet. So that made no sense what you wrote. I own the xperia tablet along with 2 samsung galaxy tablets but only the Xperia works with ps4 unless you hack it to work on any other tablet.

Hope have great Internet where ever you go.

Its cute people hating on the switch must be trash-gen users Ps3/360

the switch is definately not no slouch console. I got my kids one when it first came out.

Yeah I will. Just trying to help. I admit I'm ignorant to anything that isn't an iPhone so a Sony phone really does nothing for me lol. But thanks man! I'll probably post a video later this week.

I really appreciate you for this. As I stated yesterday I had no idea Vita could remote play and stuff. This is a great alternative. I still planned on getting a Switch later but this is still something I'm going to look into. There are times when I'm at a relatives house or something and need to get some gaming in. So I'm definitely going to get the 2000 for now. Thanks Bushy.

Archived