WWE for Nintendo Switch Confirmed!

fallofparadise

Everyone who responded to me, thank you. I now have a little more insight into the Switch. So it appears we might get the same experience for the Switch version?

Stuff like MyCareer & 8-Man is confirmed, but it remains to be seen if everything will be the same. I'm thinking that more so than pure hardware specs, the biggest bottleneck will be file sizes. Recent games have been 40+GB with 1GB save files. The Switch has 32GB of internal storage & uses 16GB carts. Clearly something is gonna hafta give to actually stuff this hoss into such a tight space. Lower res textures, low res/shorter videos, less CAW slots, maybe even the complete removal of custom textures.

16GB is still big considering the PS3 and Xbox360 wwe games were in a limit of about 4+gb. I agree with you, there is a big chance that some features will not make it to the switch. But still a wwe game on the go is good for me. I really hated it when 2k did not make any psvita or n3ds wwe sim game.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, it's the portability that wins out. As I tend to play the Switch as a handheld more often - when my daughter is napping or in the office, on the road, etc. - the lower res textures wouldn't be an issue if that were the case, nor would fewer CAS slots. The truth of the matter is I only use a few created wrestlers at any given time, anyway; the rosters are so stacked in recent games that I have a lot of fun with the included characters.

As I've said elsewhere, the stuff I enjoy - micromanaging universe, etc., the actual creating - I haven't done as much since becoming a dad since I don't like having the TV on all the time and want to engage my daughter as much as possible when I'm home. So if I can plug in some headphones when people are in bed or get in an hour before or after classes, I'm pretty thrilled. I have had the PS4 versions of the last three games, but I'm more excited by what this offers.

Screw the PlayStation 4 version i want the switch version

That would be a bad idea unless you're fine with the 360/PS3 versions

Youre not bothering to read what everyobes posting then are you. The switch version will have all the same improvements as the ps4/X1

A couple of those features might be in but that doesn't mean it wouldn't also be using a last gen gameplay or similar. WWE 17 is 45GB, they aint gonna fit that onto a 32GB system/16GB game cart

So it might have career mode but no Universe mode and only one or two create modes for example if they want the current gen gameplay

Screw the PlayStation 4 version i want the switch version

That would be a bad idea unless you're fine with the 360/PS3 versions

Youre not bothering to read what everyobes posting then are you. The switch version will have all the same improvements as the ps4/X1

A couple of those features might be in but that doesn't mean it wouldn't also be using a last gen gameplay or similar. WWE 17 is 45GB, they aint gonna fit that onto a 32GB system/16GB game cart

So it might have career mode but no Universe mode and only one or two create modes for example if they want the current gen gameplay

Making an inceedible amount of assumptions without more info there. Obviously things like graphics will be dumbed down but we dont know how that will effect file size.

remember when the PSP game would could like 3 different wrestlers that weren't in the console versions?

Great news on a Switch version. But now it means i'll have to double dip :(

Has everyone agreed to move back over to Xbox yet? I mean...Xbox 360 was the lead platform we all played on for years and years....but then yall switched it up and now everyone buys the Playstation version.

remember when the PSP game would could like 3 different wrestlers that weren't in the console versions?

Has everyone agreed to move back over to Xbox yet? I mean...Xbox 360 was the lead platform we all played on for years and years....but then yall switched it up and now everyone buys the Playstation version.

Fairly certain most of us are still sticking with PS4.

Fairly certain most of us are still sticking with PS4.

I'm already on Xbox. The franchise has been Xbox Exclusive for me since SvR 2007

I did get Legends of WrestleMania on PS3 though

The IDEA of being able to play a wwe game again mobile...I....I.... I can't handle this. *goes out and purchases Nintendo Switch* This era is something else!

Or you can just get a PS Vita. It's playing the exact console anywhere you go as long as you have WiFi

The IDEA of being able to play a wwe game again mobile...I....I.... I can't handle this. *goes out and purchases Nintendo Switch* This era is something else!

Or you can just get a PS Vita. It's playing the exact console anywhere you go as long as you have WiFi

Indeed, pay $50 or so for a vita and do remote play vs pay $500 + $60 for the Switch/game

Wish they would have just made a separate WWE game for the Nintendo Switch. I really miss the days that Raw was on original Xbox, Smackdown series on Playstation and the Wrestlemania/Day of Wrecking games on Nintendo. Oh well.

Wait what? I didn't know that. I thought the Vita only got Vita specific titles. So you can legit play any PS4 game on Vita?

Wait what? I didn't know that. I thought the Vita only got Vita specific titles. So you can legit play any PS4 game on Vita?
Yes. I actually made a thread a few months ago after I bought one just for remote play. You want me to make a tutorial?

Edit: I started typing the draft and I never posted it :lol: maybe I'll make a video instead.

Indeed, pay $50 or so for a vita and do remote play vs pay $500 + $60 for the Switch/game

Hope you have a good Internet for that though. Unlike Vita/Ps4 u dont need the Internet for the switch on the go. Or so i've been told. I love laughing at switch haters.

Hope you have a good Internet for that though. Unlike Vita/Ps4 u dont need the Internet for the switch on the go. Or so i've been told. I love laughing at switch haters.

I do. I'm gonna post the tutorial now.

So they drop the old gen just so they can support some crap Handheld?

Have you even played a Switch? It's a great system...and it is not just a handheld. It's a proper home console, and there's absolutely no reason for developers to not support it as such. That said...

It's cool for people who don't have a PS4 or XB1, but I personally wouldn't buy the game solely for Switch, if I had one. As a backup copy, to play on the go? Definitely...but not as a sole copy. I have definite concerns about Nintendo's online interactions, for one thing. And also, the fact that ports to new consoles usually have their share of hiccups. It's the kind of situation where I would definitely get the game on XB1 to begin with...and then get a reduced copy for the Switch, some months later. I just think it will have issues. Almost guaranteed.

Archived