We need a better "Ignore"/block funktion

Saturi

Hello dear Mods,

I just had to put one of the forums members on my ignore list after he kept going to each topic trying to bully me "because he can" and as long as I reply to him he will continue to do so.

However, I find it ineffective as long as the person is able to see my posts and reply to me even after I placed him on ignore and hid his posts so I don't have to see them.

In a block function we both shouldn't be able to see each others posts anymore, nor be able to reply to them.

In the Disqus forums as example if someone that you have blocked posts something, the text doesn't appear, it says "Blocked User" instead which is a good thing in my opinion and prevents further "fights" between people.

I hope you will consider this option cause it will be very helpful for everyone in such a situation.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Pretty sure it would need Tom Rice to change how the entire forum works, including a new skin and features etc as it's not part of the default one he's using now

Pretty sure it would need Tom Rice to change how the entire forum works, including a new skin and features etc as it's not part of the default one he's using now

To me they look like the invision boards I had in the past that were based on phpbb (the phpbb Forums are almost the same though).

Usually there are many plugins around one can apply and activate so if such a plugin exist it wouldn't be a big change to apply it.

If they check the admin Panel then there might be even a block user Option that wasn't activated yet.

Hello dear Mods,

I just had to put one of the forums members on my ignore list after he kept going to each topic trying to bully me "because he can" and as long as I reply to him he will continue to do so.

However, I find it ineffective as long as the person is able to see my posts and reply to me even after I placed him on ignore and hid his posts so I don't have to see them.

In a block function we both shouldn't be able to see each others posts anymore, nor be able to reply to them.

In the Disqus forums as example if someone that you have blocked posts something, the text doesn't appear, it says "Blocked User" instead which is a good thing in my opinion and prevents further "fights" between people.

I hope you will consider this option cause it will be very helpful for everyone in such a situation.

Thanks a lot in advance!

First of its Function. Secondly reading over your posts looks like your the one being the dick.... Oops sorry.

First, Tom Rice would have to do this, there is nothing we can do about it since Tom Rice is as inactive as you can imagine.

Second, what's it matter if they continue if you can't see it. If they sit there and argue with themself it would be quite dumb and they would look mad foolish.

How would you know he responded if you had him on the ignore list?

First, Tom Rice would have to do this, there is nothing we can do about it since Tom Rice is as inactive as you can imagine.

Second, what's it matter if they continue if you can't see it. If they sit there and argue with themself it would be quite dumb and they would look mad foolish.

By reading other peoples Posts that include his quotes as example.

It's ok, it was just a Suggestion.

Hello dear Mods,

Thanks a lot in advance!

First of its Function. Secondly reading over your posts looks like your the one being the dick.... Oops sorry.

First of thanks for the clarification.

Secondly, nobody asked about your opinion. So please mind your own Business and stop mixing yourself in things that have nothing to do with you.

He was a dick to me for months now in several topics and he had no right to do so since I never did anything to him. He also has no right to "chase" me around from topic to topic doing what he did.

If you are ok with stalking or bullying other people around then all the power to you,

I don't like it and neither Support it.

By reading other peoples Posts that include his quotes as example.

It's ok, it was just a Suggestion.

Hello dear Mods,

Thanks a lot in advance!

First of thanks for the clarification.

Secondly, nobody asked about your opinion. So please mind your own Business and stop mixing yourself in things that have nothing to do with you.

He was a dick to me for months now in several topics and he had no right to do so since I never did anything to him. He also has no right to "chase" me around from topic to topic doing what he did.

If you are ok with stalking or bullying other people around then all the power to you,

I don't like it and neither Support it.

Wait you can see people quoting him? This isn't suppose to be a thing. It must be messed up.

Wait you can see people quoting him? This isn't suppose to be a thing. It must be messed up.

I imagine he means in a quote pyramid, so his quotes would be in other people's posts. That'd be impossible to stop without just banning the OP

It's ok guys. Just asked if it would be possible to have a block function.

If it's not available or not possible it's ok.

Thanks a lot for your time! :)

Archived