Question about 2K18's CAW/EAS mode?

WH!!

Question about 2K18 creation suite?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we'll be able to edit hair and facial hair this year?

• Yes
    • No

So we all know now that apparently 2K is rebuilding the game again since it won't be on last gen this year. One of the things we know is that they are rebuilding is CAW/EAS mode. With this being the case, it'll be obvious that there will be quite a few new options this year & so forth.

About EAS, do you think we'll finally have the option to edit hair & facial hair on in-game superstars this year? It would certainly be a useful feature, especially for new looks & gimmicks in case a superstar changes their look on TV, & of course for custom gimmicks/attires. For example, I would like to give Roman or Neville a shaved head/buzz cut. In my personal opinion, I believe the ability to change hair & facial hair is long overdue. What do you think? I think the NBA 2K series allows the very same thing.

I guess everyone is right, we likely won't get new features to EAS this year & it'll remain the same as it was in 2K17, even though the creation suite is basically being rebuilt. As some would assume, they probably don't allow us to edit hair because too many people would abuse the feature and so forth. So it'll probably be attire only as it's always been. Editing hair will likely only be possible on PC through mods again.

I'm not one to say that'll be in for sure this year, but I would at least expect some new things in EAS this with CAW mode being rebuilt & the new graphics engine. Kind of gives me doubt that it'll be identical to what it's always been. I don't have my hopes up either though.

As some have said, I don't think it's a technical issue so much as a deliberate instruction to 2K from WWE. I seem to remember that when they left the customization of the superstars out completely, that it was reported WWE didn't want people to make their superstars look silly by "giving the Rock pink hair" or something.

Did they ever give us reason why we never get to edit the superstars hair and stuff? Like even back in THQ days.

THQ's reasons for not editing attires were excuses as far as I can tell. They just didn't want to do it, no matter how much people pleaded. About the hair & 2K, not that I could recall, no. I mean people have already done enough silly stuff like gimmick swaps & what not for superstars, so if the previous post was true about giving The Rock pink hair or something... thus restricting hair editing that would be another silly excuse IMO.

Did they ever give us reason why we never get to edit the superstars hair and stuff? Like even back in THQ days.

THQ's reasons for not editing attires were excuses as far as I can tell. They just didn't want to do it, no matter how much people pleaded. About the hair & 2K, not that I could recall, no. I mean people have already done enough silly stuff like gimmick swaps & what not for superstars, so if the previous post was true about giving The Rock pink hair or something... thus restricting hair editing that would be another silly excuse IMO.

I'm pretty sure that's what THQ said, it was after Raw2 on the Xbox if I recall (which did have full customisation)

Just out of interest, do they allow hair editing in NBA2K17? I know FIFA and (this year) PES don't allow it for image rights issues. It would also perhaps mean people didn't feel forced into buying the new game if they could replicate and update the previous one.

Here's a question, if it was something they were allowed to do, how come they almost always patch any glitch that allows it?

I'm pretty sure that's what THQ said, it was after Raw2 on the Xbox if I recall (which did have full customisation)

Just out of interest, do they allow hair editing in NBA2K17? I know FIFA and (this year) PES don't allow it for image rights issues. It would also perhaps mean people didn't feel forced into buying the new game if they could replicate and update the previous one.

Here's a question, if it was something they were allowed to do, how come they almost always patch any glitch that allows it?

Raw 2 did indeed have EAS for editing & changing attires, but it didn't allow us to edit hair or facial hair. The last game that allowed editing of hair was No Mercy on N64 in 2000, but of course models were completely different back then. I can't answer for NBA 2K because I don't play the games, but I think they allow editing of hair? Even if there was editing hair, people still continue to buy the games every year.

@WarGreymon77, I call the leaks crap, I think you're referring to the guy on twitter talking about superstars added & removed. Unfortunately I believe he's making stuff up as he goes, no different from wwe2kinfo or whatever its called.

Archived