WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

This Kurt angle thing seems very very dumb

Yeah because all stories in wrestling are dumb. Even if it means an instant push for a dude the IWC goes crazy over...

u wot

Sarcasm. Because every angle WWE comes up with is dumb and bitched about no matter what it is...

Ah, I figured. This angle IS pretty dumb, though.

Dumb in what way, though?

Like Jordan is set to become a star off it. So in terms of his push, it's smart. The segment itself wasn't the greatest but I don't see the need to be negative about it. I mean, it worked for EC3.

And it also got the ratings up a bit.

Yup asshole wrestling smarks.... Cant wait till you all start complaining about the brand split beginning dead. And im not complaining either. Oh well have a nice day idiots

Lol. I think I'm the opposite of a smirk tbh. They complain a lot (like you)!and only watch for the rasslin.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah because all stories in wrestling are dumb. Even if it means an instant push for a dude the IWC goes crazy over...
u wot
Sarcasm. Because every angle WWE comes up with is dumb and bitched about no matter what it is...

Eh, it's a weak payoff, imo. And the whole thing about 'omg this'll ruin my career' shtick kinda seems like an overreaction when you think about. Like I said, I thought it was a joke when I read about it. But idk if the whole angle is done. What were the texts about? Was someone threatening to expose this? Did someone want to blackmail Kurt about it? I have a feeling we'll never know but the thing is, would it even matter? Would it hurt Kurt at all? Okay, so Jason Jordan's your son, cool. Oh and Kurt's first reaction to find out he had a kid (who was a WWE superstar, even) was 'this could ruin my career'. It's just not good storytelling, imo.

So who does smackdown get for Jason Jordan or is the brand split dead at this point.....

Why would that in anyway insinuate that the brand split is dead? It's still very much alive.

Angle just got his GM job, it def makes sense that he would be worried how his employer feels about the situation. And most of his concerns were about his family where in real life situations, finding out a spouse has another child walking around does sometimes cause problems. The storyline isn't as outlandish as people are making sound. (Kayfabe) Maybe Jordan knew the whole time and that's why he wrestled and joined WWE but Kurt hasn't been on good terms with WWE so he kept it quite until Kurt came back. Doesn't seem crazy to me at all

u wot

Eh, it's a weak payoff, imo. And the whole thing about 'omg this'll ruin my career' shtick kinda seems like an overreaction when you think about. Like I said, I thought it was a joke when I read about it. But idk if the whole angle is done. What were the texts about? Was someone threatening to expose this? Did someone want to blackmail Kurt about it? I have a feeling we'll never know but the thing is, would it even matter? Would it hurt Kurt at all? Okay, so Jason Jordan's your son, cool. Oh and Kurt's first reaction to find out he had a kid (who was a WWE superstar, even) was 'this could ruin my career'. It's just not good storytelling, imo.

Yeah, if they don't follow up, I'll understand your point.

But they still got time to dig into that stuff...

Angle just got his GM job, it def makes sense that he would be worried how his employer feels about the situation. And most of his concerns were about his family where in real life situations, finding out a spouse has another child walking around does sometimes cause problems. The storyline isn't as outlandish as people are making sound. (Kayfabe) Maybe Jordan knew the whole time and that's why he wrestled and joined WWE but Kurt hasn't been on good terms with WWE so he kept it quite until Kurt came back. Doesn't seem crazy to me at all

Excellent reasoning.

Kurt's current wife isn't his first one anyway. She's not the mother of his children. So...being the Stepmom for one more person shouldn't be that weird.

Kurt's current wife isn't his first one anyway. She's not the mother of his children. So...being the Stepmom for one more person shouldn't be that weird.

I'm real life it would still be another person added to the family. All I'm saying is it's not that crazy to see this as being a hard experience for any family if it was real life

What's wrong with Jason Jordan changing brands? Kayfabe wise, Jack Swagger contract just ran out with Raw and he was signed for Smackdown because Raw didn't offer a contract extension. Maybe they will say Angle offered a big amount of money for him or something when he knew, and that will be added to the storyline.

The Jordan angle is really not bad at all. I don't get all the hate for it. They covered all of the bases in their explanation of it, and did so even further on the post-Raw interview. Also, like I said before...I'm sure the blowoff will be that Jordan somehow lied in order to get a push on Raw...which leads to his heel turn. It's a perfectly solid angle, IMO.

Archived