WWE 2K18/19 Gameplay Ideas Thread

CROSS-Out

• 2 weeks later...

While I tend to find the 2K forums to be toxic trash, I must admit one conversation they're having over there intrigues me. The idea of earning finishers vs always having them and choosing when to go for them. So i'm curious what everyone else thinks?

Personally, I certainly wouldn't mind a system where sigs and finishers are accessible at any time but are harder to hit early in the match (you could balance this out with proper stamina usage on failed attempts and the like). Perhaps creating serious consequences for missing a finisher you attempted. Kind of like the King Of Colosseum system but without the limits. I'm curious as to what you guys think?

I wish you could actually knock somebody out. I've done a match where the AI is grey, which obviously means they're hurt bad, but the match keeps going. I just find that kinda've weird; Obviously not everybody would want their matches to end in technical KO or just KO, but if you're damage is that bad, clearly you should add more than just the ref checking on them. If the ref checks on them after they turn grey, the ref should tease ringing the bell or something.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watching new gameplay videos sparked a new idea.

So often, for whatever reason, we end up with a bunch of space between us and our opponent. So naturally we walk or run over to the opponent and close the gap. This isn't a problem but I think it would look more realistic if there were animations that closed that gap.

So for example, say I just performed a move on my opponent that sent him 10 feet away from me at the end of it. I'd have to walk over (using the current walking animation that isn't the best for storytelling and match flow) to pin him or pick him up or whatever because the button command doesn't work from that distance. My suggestion would be that the button commands DO work from that distance. So say I flick the right stick up from that distance, I should trigger a nice stalking, calculating approach animation as I close the distance and pick my opponent up. And if I hold the run button and flick the right stick up, this should trigger a quicker, dire almost desperate animation to close the distance and pick my opponent up, however if I'm too low on stamina, I wouldn't be able to do this. The same can be done with pins and ground moves. I guess it would work similiar to the way 'corner vs grounded opponent' finishers work in how you can reach your opponent wherever he is in the ring. Or similiar to when you're near a car in GTA and press triangle and he'll automatically walk to the drivers side of the nearest vehicle and get in. This would be good for corner grappling and against-the-ropes grapples too. I think this would add to realism and match fluidity.

I would even go further and apply this to climbing the turnbuckle or going onto the apron/leaving the ring. Running to climb the top rope looks very awkward so I suggest a button command (Hold L1 [tap for 2nd rope]+ direction of turnbuckle) that would trigger a smooth animation that sends me on my way to climb the turnbuckle. Add the run button for a faster animation. Same stamina rules would apply. Hold (tap for apron) L1+ direction of ropes for an animation that sends me on my way to leave the ring.

And since I see how well position feeding works, I would go even FURTHER and implement this with corner attacks and groggy rope attacks. Idk if other moves are like this but I know the Helluva Kick can be triggered from anywhere and Zayn will run automatically towards his opponent. This is the right idea but the running animation is dated. With this system, the way I run depends on the distance from my opponent. If I'm at the opposite corner/opposite set of ropes and trigger a running attack then there should be a lot of short quick steps on the way there. If I'm halfway from my opponent there should be maybe one or two long strides on the way to him. But yeah the current running animations needs to be changed, including the irish whip.

This is not to replace walking and running manually, that of course would still be available, I just think things would look a lot better with this. There isn't too much free walking and running IN the ring. Of course you can't trigger these animations from ANY distance,15 or 20 ft (size of the ring) should be the distance limit.

Unrelated idea: I think we should be able to perform finishers with low or no stamina. The disadvantage would be a tired animation triggering leaving us unable to immediately capitalize off of the finisher. This leads to more crawling to pins and more (and longer) situations where both competitors are down.

Haven't read anything yet so don't know if I'm repeating an idea.

How about we could trigger omg suicide dives with an opponent outside and the player being inside. Just cut the part of the animation where they get thrown out the ring.

I really like this idea

Archived