WWE 2K18/19 Gameplay Ideas Thread

CROSS-Out

I think its safe to separate this from the "little things" thread as they both tend to focus on a different scale. If mods disagree or want to make a wishlist thread themselves or etcetera, feel free to jump in.

I posted this on the WWE 2K forums but uhh.. well, as most of you know, that place is a bloody cesspool so I felt I should post it here as well. Due to its length, i'm going to put it in spoilers (directly copied because I ain't typing it out twice), but I definitely want to hear everyone elses wishlist, and want everyones thoughts on the stuff I have here and stuff I add going forward.

I've been thinking long and hard about what I'd like to see in the upcoming and future games in the series and I think I've nailed down what I personally would like to see. I'd like to point out that this is all just personal opinion of course, I have no intention of acting as if my ideas and opinions represent an ideal of a group or acting as if anyone who disagrees with me is wrong or foolish (as seen above).
I'd like to start with what I think holds down the gameplay aspect of the games somewhat. Difficulty. Specifically, the current problem with the games is that the difficulty is almost completely reversal based. While reversals are an incredibly important part of wrestling, the degree of their importance can really drag the fun of the games down since, if you get lucky with reversals the games a breeze, and if the game decides to become a reversal god, it becomes an infuriating piece of trash.
My solution won't fix this completely, but I think it would elevate it somewhat. My solution is simply this, make reversals and major reversals just a little bit harder to hit, but add a third reversal branch called bracing. When you brace instead of reversing (which would be easier to do then reversing), you lose a bit of your reversal slots (if turned on) and stamina (if turned on) but take a bit less damage from a move. In this way, you add a third aspect to the system that leads to a little bit less of "reversal fest until someones out of slots, then just go to town"-ishness to it.
My second aspect of fixing the difficulty is the obvious bit. Improving the AI. The AI needs to be good enough to a point where you start going in against certain guys with specific strategies. I want submission artists to be smart enough to focus a limb and try and set up those submissions.
So to do this, I would suggest an AI package system. customizable AI packages that can be assigned to superstars and caws, in a manner similar to the Fire Pro series. It would be a creation mode in the same way as create a moveset, create a caw, create a tractor, etc. You would go in, be able to set things from broad subjects such as "focus on pins more than submissions" and vice versa down to the smaller stuff like percentages for what move types to focus (IE, high flyers would have a higher turnbuckle percentage than brawlers), and even down to setting up specific move combos you'd want the AI to focus (EG, you could tell a superstar to go for a superkick after a dropkick, for instance). Even set up their kick-out policies (for instance, if I want the biggest babyface of my caws to always kick out of at least one pin after a finisher in a match, then I'd be able to set that).
Whats important about this system would be that its in-depth as possible and even more importantly, editable by the player. Of course all the wrestlers on-disc would have their own presets, but you could create more and adjust existing ones. While the current system of basing the AI off of the attributes is better than what we've had in the past, its still a bit to broad for my liking and the AI often doesn't act in the manner I'd like it to.
Now, on to other things.
I can't pretend to know how to fix the career mode problem, but I do have a couple suggestions to liven it up. Firstly, have a background system at the start. What do I mean? I mean being able to select a background for our character and having the start of career mode adjust to that. For instance, I could select "WWE trained" or "Indie Darling" or even "returning superstar". This would adjust the starting attributes we get, the debut we get (IE, a WWE trained superstar would get an intro similar to 2K15, 16, and 17) but for a returning star or indie darling, the we'd get big hype debuts. We'd also get to select whether its a surprise debut or one that's been announced in advance.
My next suggestion would be to include a speed system. We can choose how fast we want career mode to run, and that would adjust how quickly we rise and fall through the rankings. I can't be the only one who found ranking up in 2K17 a huge chore, right?
Universe mode currently suffers from a couple problems that drag the good part of it down. First and foremost, there's no point to rivalries because the mode for some reason or another always uses the same few cutscenes on a constant loop. There's no surprise there for people that want it, and there's no control there for people who want that either.
To fix this, I would suggest (obviously) adding way more cutscenes and story arcs and (I want to preface this by saying I am NOT suggesting GM mode be merged with Universe mode) adding an OPTIONAL system where you can plan out a feud in advance. Choosing what cutscenes happen on what days between what people.
Other things I'd like to see to improve Universe mode would be getting rid of number limits on stables (five people is simply not enough), titles per show, greater control over what happens to superstars (if I'd like to assign an injury to someone, I don't see why I can't do so without having to go through the long and boring process of doing 280 percent damage to someone in one match).
The booking AI could use some fixing too. For years, its always had a specific match type it seems obsessed with each year. This year its triple threats, last year it seemed to be submissions, and the year before that was TLC matches if I recall correctly. I'm not sure why Universe mode seems obsessed with filling regular match cards with matches that tend to be used to end rivalries.
On to create modes. The most obvious one for me personally of course would be to get rid of that goddamned stretch and fade crap on logos. GET. RID. OF. IT. Make it optional at the very damned least. It does nothing but hurt creativity.
I would also suggest giving us the option to have our caws T-pose while editing them in caw mode, with a more functional camera. This would make moving and resizing logos easier, as not only would we be able to get a better view of the sides of the wrestlers but they'd be symmetrical instead of standing in a non-symmetrical pose, making stuff like mirrored logos on each side of tights for instance more of a pain in the neck than it needs to be.
For create a title, the current system is pretty great no question, but one of the big problems I have with it is that since lighting on custom textures for titles horribly sucks, making truly "customized" belts is difficult, since you're left with either using the in-game assets or textures. My solution would be a sub creation mode called "create a relief". How it would work is that you create reliefs for belts by getting a slab of material (IE gold, silver, etc.) that you can cut out a shape with using a pen tool (imagine photoshops pen tool as an example). The mode would have a 3 position system, front middle and back, and you can send pieces you cut out to the front, middle, or back to adjust and eventually create your own unique relief pieces that shine and look like the ones in game.
As a sub note, make all material types available for everything in the game. Why denim is not available for caw clothing parts but it is for titles absolutely baffles me.
That's all for now. I probably will add more but its late and my fingers hurt so i'm gonna stop here for now. What's everyones thoughts though? Like my ideas? Dislike 'em? suggestions to add to them?

To be fair we already kind have this with the little things there both wish threadsa

Didnt even bother to read the first few sentences, did you.

I think this makes sense in that it is boiling down some of the things in the little things list thread as well as the bugs and glitches thread and concentrating on suggestions for improvement rather than hoping for new features, etc.

Re: I'd like to start with what I think holds down the gameplay aspect of the games somewhat. Difficulty. Specifically, the current problem with the games is that the difficulty is almost completely reversal based. While reversals are an incredibly important part of wrestling, the degree of their importance can really drag the fun of the games down since, if you get lucky with reversals the games a breeze, and if the game decides to become a reversal god, it becomes an infuriating piece of trash.

I agree that this is an area that needs some serious work. In addition to the overuse of reversals, on the opposite side are the segments where the AI controlled character either moves to the ring apron and punches in mid air, or just stands there doing nothing (very common in the backstage area). It creates segments of game play where nothing is happening, because the programming has put the character you control in a groggy state and it has become unresponsive, and the AI controlled character is doing nothing. Also related to the reversals are the "sucker" segments; e.g., when the AI character simply lies on the mat, not recovering because it has been programmed to wait for a move and reverse it. The problem is, that it doesn't take long playing the game to recognize this situation and you are stuck with the problem of do I stall out the gameplay action by not making a move, or make a move and get reversed by the AI. (I've gotten to the point where I just go a manual version of the Randy Orton stomp and finally after circling the AI character with stomps it finally stirs). These are all things that that could be corrected if they would take more time and effort in programming how the AI processes the various match types and situations.

One area I'd like to see them rework is the rivalry area. Right now rivalries are basically scripted stories that proceed in the same manner; I've had situations with two promotions in one Universe where identical rivalries are running. Instead, along the lines your suggestion of not limiting stable size, simply create rivalry programming that runs concurrently with regular booking. As with the current systems, rivals could be assigned or created, but eliminate creating specific rivalries, and not limit the number of rivals. Track the match records of rivals and dial up the various cut scenes based on how many matches designated rivals have had against each other and the win-loss record, as well as other factors that could be included such as championship history, the faction/stable (s) that the wrestlers are part of, rivals who are also in rivalries with the other wrestler's allies, etc. To do this, it would be necessary to create statistics that track wrestlers' win-loss records, as well as the win-loss records against rivals. I really see no use in the current stats that track the number of times you use each ability and other such trash that no one pays attention to. The main concept though is to eliminate the strict, scripted rivalries and instead make them more fluid and flexible.

Yeah, I don't really like a 2K18 Wishlist topic because I'm sure they've already looked at the "little things" and "moves you want" topics a bunch, among the many other threads, and the game is just about finalized at this point in terms of anything we could suggest to add. At this point something's either in or it isn't for the year. If anything, this is the point where we wait for like a month or two after the game is out and start the 2K19 Wishlist. Lol

Should a mod decide to close or kerge it, thats fine, until then though.. Well, you know.

You should make it a Gameplay Ideas thread or something like that. That's different enough. Well thought out and brand new additions to gameplay like your original post instead of "little details".

Should a mod decide to close or kerge it, thats fine, until then though.. Well, you know.

You should make it a Gameplay Ideas thread or something like that. That's different enough. Well thought out and brand new additions to gameplay like your original post instead of "little details".

Good idea, I'll do so right now. Thanks man.

I think they should be a way to address speed in matchs like if it two cruiserweight r in a match the game changes to have reverse happen more the speed is faster more running irishwhips springboard in general a faster. Speed of action more arcade like for heavy weights the speed of action slows down to like what we have now

I think they should be a way to address speed in matchs like if it two cruiserweight r in a match the game changes to have reverse happen more the speed is faster more running irishwhips springboard in general a faster. Speed of action more arcade like for heavy weights the speed of action slows down to like what we have now

This would be fixed with my AI packages idea and in general a better running speed system, but yeah definitely. Absolutely agreed.

A lot of this is me expanding on ideas I've already expressed as well as some newer thoughts and ideas. Very long read.

Man I really hope a community manager relays the good ideas in this topic to the devs.

Physics

I think I'll just change my username to "Physics" because that's like the biggest thing I talk about in topics like this. With Unreal Engine maybe taking effect in the coming games, I think eventually we'll finally get an organic physics system for bodies and weapons, I know I say this pretty much every year but this time I'm actually confident. I'm not looking for wacky ragdolling, I'm looking for actual weighted physics which is quite possible as shown with the Euphoria engine that GTA uses. The most frustrating thing is that there are moments currently in this game where you see this game wants to do beautiful things as far as physics goes but it falls to different restrictions. For instance, and maybe I'll try and post the video, but I have a highlight saved where I suplexed ZSJ off a ladder and he gave me the most beautifully organic and realistic sell I've probably ever seen in this game. Just like in GTA, I've seen the game take organic landings and smoothly transition the wrestler into the proper grounded position. I'd be perfectly fine with them expanding on that and letting the physics take over when it needs to. So the game exposes how possible it is for us to have an organic, physically-sound experience, but I think the problem is that the devs may not give it much attention, if any at all (besides nerfing the pumphandle suplex and Clothesline from Hell animation after 2K15).

As far as weapons go, just stop the tables and ladders from being so floaty and please please revamp the table breaks. Tables aren't supposed to crumble like that, they're much stronger than that. They either don't break or they break into 2 or 3 big stiff pieces.

Reversals and Strategy

-Most if not all basic grapple reversals should be things that put you in an advantageous position to do whatever move you like. So for example the leg catch reversal where you have the option to strike your opponent, grapple him, put him in a submission or spin him into a groggy state? There should be more of that, at least the groggy state part. As someone who loves to have good matches within the boundaries of realism, this would be a good way to control that by making it possible to reverse reversals and make reversals in general less repetitive. Now mid-move reversals I have less of an issue with because they make sense contextually, but I do think mid-move reversals are a good reason to bring back reversal styles from DOR to better determine if we escape a move or if we turn that move into another move. Do I duck a running clothesline or do I catch the clothesliner in another move? Do I dodge the dive or do I catch the diver in another move? Options like that.

-Also while we're on reversals, one simple thing that I desperately want added is the top rope strike battles similar to the ones on the ladders. This happens so often in real life and has yet to be in the game. A guy goes to the top rope for a dive, his opponent goes to meet him. Now he can hit him with a deadly driver or enzuigiri and do decent damage..or he can go high risk and climb up the turnbuckle to meet his opponent at the top and try a top rope grapple. They exchange blows, whoever wins that battle either does the top rope grapple they were looking for or they are now in a position to do the diving move they were looking for. Both situations reversible.

-We really need reversal styles. I almost proposed rehashing fighting styles but I think a person's style depends on their defense and how they escape damage; anyone can do anything on offense. So now if we go in to a match with a Zack Sabre or something, we have to watch out for his submissions because they can really come from anywhere. Speaking of which, if this is implemented, I'd hate to see those weak ass canned 2 second submission animations, if something is reversed into a submission it's gotta be a working hold at least.

-In relation to the last couple points; limb damage/targeting needs some serious additions. Of course limb targeting works for people with submission finishers, but it would also be great as a strategic defense mechanism. I say it shouldn't take that long for limb damage to show on the HUD. One big enough move should send that body part into yellow or orange or red depending on the move. So that one game had a great system where limb damage affected move animations as well as how damage can be dealt by the hurt wrestler. That's an indy game, there's no reason why something like that shouldn't be in these games.

Say someone has a lariat as a finisher and I want to avoid it as best I can as a technician, if I get a good strong grapple to his arm, it should go yellow, if I do an environmental move or top rope move to his arm then orange, and if I do weapon damage to his arm then red. Yellow isn't bad, if it stays on yellow by the time he hits his lariat it should still do devastating damage. If it gets to orange, it'll do survivable damage, if it gets red and so on he might not be able to hit it at all. If there are low stamina animations, there should be high damage animations too. They can work the same. It would also be cool if we could aim weapon shots and diving moves at certain limbs.

-I like GMP's AI Package idea a lot and I want to use it to explain how I think a match between Kalisto vs Braun Strowman would go with a good weight detection system in place as well as the systems already mentioned. Again, there is no real sense of strategy even in matches where the size difference is immense. So say Braun's AI package causes him to be more aggressive and offensive, and Kalisto, being of the smallest on the roster, his package has him on defense throughout the match, he relies on dodging attacks and agile mid-move reversals to win matches. So Braun would likely rush Kalisto, Kalisto would dodge and immediately try to chop Braun down to his size by damaging his leg but he'll have to get more creative with his leg attacks because Braun has a high damage recovery attribute. That would be the dynamic for a competitive match between the two, Braun would be the favorite but Kalisto could find ways to win.

-Another thing about weight and weight detection. Someone like Braun, if you clothesline him over the ropes, he should probably land on his feet into a groggy state, same if he's knocked off the apron with a strike.

Animations and Mobility

-I know that it's damn near impossible to add a "tired" version of every move in the game BUT the developers have shown they are good at blending animations and creating contextual animations with things like the added pin combos to diving moves that didn't have them before, so I think that they can do more than just having a tired wrestler get up and drop to a knee after a move when he's out of a stamina. What I'm thinking, is instead of that, you have positions where certain animations kick in and this can be applied to give every impact move a pin combo as well. So for tired animations, if a performed move starts and ends with the performer on his feet, then dropping to a knee is fine, but I suggest having a contextual animation for when the performer lands on his stomach, back, knees (which can just turn into the "kneeling" postion, butt (which can just turn into the "sitting" postion), and side. The animation can be as simple as just not getting up or collapsing over, and then for pin combos just add a standard crawl or collapsing animation into a pin (example: pop up powerbomb pin animation is PERFECT). These are animations that are in the game already, just apply them to more situations is what I'm suggesting.

I'm suggesting stamina stations, places to rest to regain stamina like in SvR 2006, places like the ropes, the corner, the barricade, the apron, the steps, and the announce table, places you can see wrestlers lean on to gather themselves. Also, these places would serve as support for somebody crawling to get up, just like how the ropes are in the game, and instead of just using them to get up, you get up and lean on them to rest, but you would then be vulnerable to be attacked in that position. So for example, late in the match my opponent slams me and he's allowing me to get up so I'm crawling to the corner to get to my feet. Once I'm on my feet, I'm still in the corner and my opponent has the opportunity to perform any move he has in the "Corner" part of his moveset. So yeah you can go regain stamina but also watch out. What's funny is there is an animation in this game that only the A.I does where they're in the corner struggling to stay on their feet. Expand on that. Also expand the roll out animation to singles matches too. So late in the match when I'm high on damage and low on stamina, when I choose to use my ring escape ability, I should roll out onto the floor rather than onto my feet.

-I need to see a difference between people with drastically different speed attributes. It feels like everyone runs about the same speed. Guys with high speed should the run the ropes like a bullet, people with low speed should run the ropes with maybe two big steps after each bounce.

-Also I think when a person is low on stamina and high in damage, they should stagger around instead of the slightly different walking "low stamina" animation we have now, that should be the default walking animation when stamina gets into the purple tier. But when stamina is completely drained or very low, there should be a staggering walk animation and I don't mean an annoying animation that sacrifices control and speed, they can move the same speed, just in a stagger. And as they stagger, they can fall into a stamina station or they can continue to attack.

Additional Gameplay Mechanics

-The idea of a tiered or leveled submission system has come up a couple times and I've always thought it was as great idea. The first tier would be a struggle to apply the submission, and then the second tier would be a struggle to apply/alleviate pressure, and then thirdly would be a submission or reversal/breakout or release. Of course I wouldn't want this for every submission attempted in the game so I suggest that every submission in the game be able to be selected as a working hold, but the ones selected as actual strong submissions or whatever would activate the tiered system. Tiered submissions are the only ones that can be submitted to. (give an option to turn this off)

-Now I don't know how possible this is, there's precedent for it in Virtual Pro Wrestling 2, but there's this sequence you can find in a lot of recent Kevin Owens matches where him and his opponent no-sell and exchange strikes until they both are down. I want that in the game and I got it figured out. So maybe add in a skill called "Fighting Spirit" or "No-Sell" where it would be similar to how comebacks work. If you are high in damage and low in stamina AND out of reversals, this skill is now available to use. Once activated, they work like a reversal, so when receiving a move whether a strong strike or a grapple, you have a window of time to press the button for it to work. The animation part is where it gets tricky, so for a strong strike, there where would be a staggering animation when the person is hit, this would leave the attacker dazed and open for a strong strike or grapple in return. Grapple animations would be a little easier, just have the person get back up in Japanese fighting spirit kind of way which would daze the opponent and leave him open for strong strike/grapple. If successful, you retaliate and then collapse to the mat leading to the returning double KO 10 count system from SvR 2006.

-A more mild version of this would use GMP's "impact bracing" idea. Say my opponent and I are both low on stamina and he goes for a punch, rather than dodge or block the punch, I press R2/RT and eat the punch and in return my opponent is left open for a punch back at him. With each punch, the bracing window gets smaller. The person who loses this exchange is the person who is unable to brace the impact anymore so he would take the punch and remain groggy, open for a strong strike or grapple or whatever.

-Multi-man dives. I think there should be a landing zone (a visible highlighted circular area able to be turned off) for diving moves and manual outside dives. Anyone caught in that zone falls victim to the dive. Have different diving moves available for this situation, wouldn't want to try and double axe handle three other guys at the same time, that would look stupid.

-In Universe mode (or exhibition), have a jobber match setting where we're allowed to pick who the jobber is, and once we do that, their attributes significantly decrease to like a 20 Overall or something. Also, pre- and especially post-match beatdowns should cause injury if we do enough damage. I would like to be able to control when injuries happen and how they happen.

-Implement chain wrestling customization in create a moveset so we can choose our own transitions, or at the very least have chain wrestling styles. Chain wrestling definitely needs a lot more focus and depth.

Also, we need some focus on selling. I mentioned the double KO 10 count above, we gotta have guys stay down longer after performing big moves with high damage and low stamina and have the ref start that 10 count. Also, players should been seen limping or holding onto injured body parts more often.

Another idea I have: sometimes you see guys go for aerial moves and their opponent moves outta the way and the performer falls flat on his mouth or is able to land on his feet/roll through depending on the move. So I think maybe slow down a lot of the aerial animations so that the performer has a window to reverse the opponent's escape and land safely. So say Rich Swann is going for a 450 on TBK, TBK moves out of the way, Rich Swann should have a window to press R2 and land on his feet/roll through and maybe avoid the following attack. However, if that window is missed or Rich is out of reversals then he should fall on his face AND he should be unable to reverse whatever attack is coming his way UNLESS it's a mid-move reversal.

In relation to that point, I bring up reversal styles again. Braun, rather than rolling out of the way, maybe should catch Rich Taker-style with a Choke and then he gets up to do whatever.

Well the reversal window for diving moves is at the start of it, so thr window to land safrky could be in the middle of it in the same vain as major reversals.

Well the reversal window for diving moves is at the start of it, so the window to land safely could be in the middle of it in the same vain as major reversals.

That works. And while we're talking about aerial moves, we really gotta have the ability to climb the rope facing away from the opponent for moonsaults and things like that. The awkward sliding around on the top rope can't continue if they want realism as much as they say.

I kinda hate how moves like the Thesz press or elbow barrage only have like three punches/elbows within the moves and it's over. They should expand on moves like the 10-count corner punches for storytelling/character reasons. I would like to control how many times I YES kick someone or how many ground punches I give or how many elbows to the head. The DOR games even had this. Those are the UCM moves they should have kept.

There should be more basic moves and strong strikes that send your opponent into different positions. There are at least a handful in the game already, just expand on them. Maybe like a jawbreaker that sends your opponent stumbling into the ropes/corner/barricade/announce table etc or a strong Euro uppercut that does the same thing. Just moves that can be used as substitutes for an irish whip or standing drag to add more to the game's match fluidity. I remember RAW 2 had a lot of these as well, I vividly remember one of my corner grapples was a punch that sent my opponent into a groggy state on the ropes. I always thought that was cool.

I agree, i've been asking for that for years. Not only does it give us a new position so we have more diving moves available to us, but it'd look way better.

They've started to give us moves that end in different positions. That one kick Karl Anderson got in the corner has the end result change depending on which corner you use it in for instance (top right puts 'em sitting in the corner, bottom right puts you behind them, for instance).

I agree, i've been asking for that for years. Not only does it give us a new position so we have more diving moves available to us, but it'd look way better.

They've started to give us moves that end in different positions. That one kick Karl Anderson got in the corner has the end result change depending on which corner you use it in for instance (top right puts 'em sitting in the corner, bottom right puts you behind them, for instance).

Really? I've only seen the opponent end up sitting in the corner. That's a good example though, but they also don't have to be any big moves like that, though the more the merrier of course. I was thinking more moves that would work like Irish Whips in that they direct the opponent to a certain spot. You know the strikes we have that send the opponent stumbling away when we're really close to him? That's what I mean, that's what they should expand on. Make them more controllable and have the opponent cover more distance, add more moves that work the same. Reason I'd like this is because in real life, rarely ever do you see a top rope grapple preceded by an irish whip to the corner, so instead of having to irish whip (you can if you prefer), how about a strong strike or two?

I'd like the option to pick up opponents straight into a facelock and also for them to bring back picking up opponents facing away as well as wake-up taunts for behind finishers. The punch to turn people around is a nice step but we need these options back as well.

Different gameplay options and sliders for each Match setting (slow, normal, fast) would be great. I don't like that those settings only apply to how fast your momentum builds up, some people do, the choice would be nice. I want to limit finisher kickouts to happen only in 'slow' matches and have damage buildup much slower and things like that for my personal experience, and others may want to play differently.

Really? I've only seen the opponent end up sitting in the corner. That's a good example though, but they also don't have to be any big moves like that, though the more the merrier of course. I was thinking more moves that would work like Irish Whips in that they direct the opponent to a certain spot. You know the strikes we have that send the opponent stumbling away when we're really close to him? That's what I mean, that's what they should expand on. Make them more controllable and have the opponent cover more distance, add more moves that work the same. Reason I'd like this is because in real life, rarely ever do you see a top rope grapple preceded by an irish whip to the corner, so instead of having to irish whip (you can if you prefer), how about a strong strike or two?

I'd like the option to pick up opponents straight into a facelock and also for them to bring back picking up opponents facing away as well as wake-up taunts for behind finishers. The punch to turn people around is a nice step but we need these options back as well.

Different gameplay options and sliders for each Match setting (slow, normal, fast) would be great. I don't like that those settings only apply to how fast your momentum builds up, some people do, the choice would be nice. I want to limit finisher kickouts to happen only in 'slow' matches and have damage buildup much slower and things like that for my personal experience, and others may want to play differently.

Yup, three positions I think, one puts em sitting in the corner, one puts you behind them (I use the move as my strong strike in the corner and it always works from the bottom right turnbuckle) and I think a third sends them out of the ring. It's great for setting up back moves.

I agree on pretty much everything, especially wake-ups/charges for behind finishers. Its really awkward to have them face you and have to turn them around every time.

I'd like to see wake-ups for others too, like the kneeling position (would be great for allowing this position for finishers, like for a shining wizard or penalty kick).

Oh yeah definitely. The getting up and then dropping down to a knee looks silly especially when you look at the corner superkicks which are pretty much perfect in how they wake up on to their knees. There are so many underutilized animations in the game it's very baffling.

Corner moves in general need a bit of work, especially in regards to timing. I don't care how good the sweet chin music looks if they get up too early and just sit there staring at my for 5 seconds while swaying back and forth like morons.

Guess I'll repost my concepts

Back and Forth Concept

Requirements

-Match Speed set to Slow

-Both characters' stamina in purple

Activation

-Both characters stike at the same time

Description

One of the most common spots in wrestling is when both wrestlers are tired, but still throw punches at one another, back and forth. In 2k18, when both wrestlers are tired and strike at the same time, a mini game takes place. Whoever has the higher strike speed gets the 1st strike. The character taking the strike can try to press the quicktime event to coutner. Quicktime counters start out really hard at first, with them being on screen for only ¼ of a second. For each time the counter is missed, the time it appears on screen increases by ¼ of a second

E.G. - C1 strikes C2

C2 fails the quicktime event

C2 strikes C1

C1 fails the quicktime event

C1 strijes C2

*Continues until someone gets the quicktime event)

----------------------

Sequences

Requirements

-Both characters health in the green.

-Both characters stamina in the light blue

Activation

-During a chain wrestling sequence, when both characters fill up their guage reletivly close together.

Description

Being a more common thing is matches now a days, these sequences of moves show often show off how equal the 2 opponents are. Now, in WWE 2K18, you too can perform these sequences. In Create a Moveset, there is a new section called Sequence Moves. In this section, you can select a varity of moves to fit into 6 slots. Slots 1-3 are rather basic moves. Arm Drags, Shoulder takles, flips, etc. Slots 4-5 are bigger moves such as spring boards and and grapples. Slot 6 is a move that finishes the sequence, such as hitting a dropkick that downs an opponent, A spinning back head kick, nearly hitting the opponent as they tumple back into a kneeling position. There are many options to choose from so every sequence is unique.

To start a sequence, when both characters in the chain wrestling minigame fill up their guages at the same time (or relitivly close), this will start a sequence that starts with the character with the highest grapple speed. The one starting the sequence will hit their first move, but the second character will have a chance to counter using a quick time event. The window for countering is very fair, as the intention is to create a back and forth sequence. If a counter is succesful, that player starts their sequence. If their sequence is countered, the other characters sequence continues from where it was left off when they got countered.

When a sequence starts, 5 dots are presented above each players hud at the bottom of the screen. When you counter a move in a sequence, a dot above the one countering fills up. By the end of the sequence, the one with the most full dots wins the sequence, hitting their sequence finisher. If both players have countered every move, the sequence ends in a stalemate, with both going for a similar move. Sequences can only be done once per match.

Guess I'll repost my concepts

Back and Forth Concept

Requirements

-Match Speed set to Slow

-Both characters' stamina in purple

Activation

-Both characters stike at the same time

Description

One of the most common spots in wrestling is when both wrestlers are tired, but still throw punches at one another, back and forth. In 2k18, when both wrestlers are tired and strike at the same time, a mini game takes place. Whoever has the higher strike speed gets the 1st strike. The character taking the strike can try to press the quicktime event to coutner. Quicktime counters start out really hard at first, with them being on screen for only ¼ of a second. For each time the counter is missed, the time it appears on screen increases by ¼ of a second

E.G. - C1 strikes C2

C2 strikes C1

C1 fails the quicktime event

C1 strijes C2

*Continues until someone gets the quicktime event)

----------------------

Sequences

Requirements

-Both characters health in the green.

-Both characters stamina in the light blue

Activation

-During a chain wrestling sequence, when both characters fill up their guage reletivly close together.

Description

Being a more common thing is matches now a days, these sequences of moves show often show off how equal the 2 opponents are. Now, in WWE 2K18, you too can perform these sequences. In Create a Moveset, there is a new section called Sequence Moves. In this section, you can select a varity of moves to fit into 6 slots. Slots 1-3 are rather basic moves. Arm Drags, Shoulder takles, flips, etc. Slots 4-5 are bigger moves such as spring boards and and grapples. Slot 6 is a move that finishes the sequence, such as hitting a dropkick that downs an opponent, A spinning back head kick, nearly hitting the opponent as they tumple back into a kneeling position. There are many options to choose from so every sequence is unique.

To start a sequence, when both characters in the chain wrestling minigame fill up their guages at the same time (or relitivly close), this will start a sequence that starts with the character with the highest grapple speed. The one starting the sequence will hit their first move, but the second character will have a chance to counter using a quick time event. The window for countering is very fair, as the intention is to create a back and forth sequence. If a counter is succesful, that player starts their sequence. If their sequence is countered, the other characters sequence continues from where it was left off when they got countered.

When a sequence starts, 5 dots are presented above each players hud at the bottom of the screen. When you counter a move in a sequence, a dot above the one countering fills up. By the end of the sequence, the one with the most full dots wins the sequence, hitting their sequence finisher. If both players have countered every move, the sequence ends in a stalemate, with both going for a similar move. Sequences can only be done once per match.

Both ideas are marvelous

Archived