WWE 2K18 Unreal Engine

tbonetaker

Found a job posting at visual concepts website at

https://chp.tbe.tale...cws=38&rid=2009

and in the minimum job requirements at the bottom it reads UNREAL ENGINE EXPERIENCE STRONGLY PREFERRED...

Here is a copy as well...

AI SOFTWARE ENGINEER - WWE 2K

Who We Are:

A pioneer in video games across multiple generations and the creator of some of the top-rated video game franchises including 2K Sports and the NBA 2K series, Visual Concepts is widely regarded as one of the world's top studios. A subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (TTWO), Visual Concepts continues to innovate in gameplay, creativity and technology. With studios in Marin County, California, Shanghai, China and Seoul, South Korea, Visual Concepts is a culture of excellence and passion for building amazing products year after year, and offers top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.

What We Need:

We are seeking software engineers with experience in game-play systems including AI behavior trees and animation control logic.

Minimum Requirements:

3 years minimum of relevant experience

Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science

High proficiency in C / C++

Deep understanding of object oriented programming

Able to diagnose and solve problems quickly and independently

Able to learn and master complicated code systems

Able to write clean, bug-free, well-documented and efficient code

Experience in console development as an engineer is a solid plus

Passion for videogames

Good team player

Unreal Engine experience is strongly preferred

What does everyone here think of the possibility of wwe2k18 or a future wwe2k title using the Unreal Engine. I would like to see yukes incorporate more of a day of reckoning game play with SVR 11 physics and dor controls and more players in the ring. Share your opinions.

Ps...elsewhere im known as undertaker1784

I'm not a huge expert in Unreal but as far as I remember, it's a game engine that's incredibly modular, to the point that it could concievably be modified into another engine. Again, I could be very wrong here and if I am please feel free to correct me.

If it means dropping Yukes though i'm all for it.

Wait so Unreal isn't just a graphics engine?

It's way more than that!

I'm not a huge expert in Unreal but as far as I remember, it's a game engine that's incredibly modular, to the point that it could concievably be modified into another engine. Again, I could be very wrong here and if I am please feel free to correct me.

If it means dropping Yukes though i'm all for it.

You're right. It can be developed into so many things and that's why it's been the most successful engine for years now and why different developers of different genres have been using it for their game while keep pushing it in different directions.

Even the US military have used Unreal based engines for training similulators like for the Air Force

Hell yeah. I hope this does mean the end of Yuke's. Tired of them compartmentalizing and piecemealing with each game, I mean they may not have been doing that, but the stagnation of the series makes it seem that way. I genuinely think the games should be more advanced and more authentic by now.

I hope 2K keep devolopment in-house and let Visual Concepts completely take over. It kills the communication barrier and I've been playing 2K Sports games my whole life, I trust VC to do every bit of work they can to give us the best possible game each year.

But it's all speculation

To say 2K doesn't take any initiative in the development of the game is kind of asinine. We can see a difference between THQ/Yukes games and 2K/Yukes games that show 2K at the very least prioritizes differently, I wouldn't be surprised if they had a couple guys occasionally look over Yukes coding.. *cough cough*

Either way though, if I recall correctly one of the reasons Yukes was kept on in the first place was for VC to observe for its eventual take-over of the development. Obviously that didn't happen but i'm confident VC could do so and it would kill a couple problems such as the distance between 2K and Yukes as well as the language barrier.

Game's out in four months, you guys ever wonder what stage of the development cycle they're on at this time of the year? I ask because I saw TonythePizzaGuy is in San Diego right now to give them things to put in the game and it seems as though these are things for this year's game.

Game's out in four months, you guys ever wonder what stage of the development cycle they're on at this time of the year? I ask because I saw TonythePizzaGuy is in San Diego right now to give them things to put in the game and it seems as though these are things for this year's game.

Considering they don't seem to do a long QA period and I think the game usually only goes gold about a month (maybe even less) before release, I think they're in the "working on whats already there" phase.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived