Mauro is back and will be on the NXT announce team

Muur

Eurgh. I've been enjoying WWE way more without him. I quickly began to hate his commentary. Now we have to hear him shouting "Mama Mia!" and making lame pop culture references on NXT.

Awww... poor us, we have to listen to a commentator that is capable of showing human emotion and actually cares what he's talking about! Life's a bitch, huh?

Eurgh. I've been enjoying WWE way more without him. I quickly began to hate his commentary. Now we have to hear him shouting "Mama Mia!" and making lame pop culture references on NXT.

Awww... poor us, we have to listen to a commentator that is capable of showing human emotion and actually cares what he's talking about! Life's a bitch, huh?

Don't be a nerd, he's allowed to dislike Ranallo's commentary without your patronising bullshit because you get sensitive over someone not liking something you like.

Don't be a nerd, he's allowed to dislike Ranallo's commentary without your patronising bullshit because you get sensitive over someone not liking something you like.

If only there was a like button...

In the post he said " WE have to listen to lame pop culture references" as if he was speaking on behalf of everybody, and everybody agrees with him that Ranallo's lame, despite literally every comment above rejoicing over him coming back. I didn't respond because he didn't like something I liked, I responded because he was acting like an asshole by, as I said, acting like everyone agrees with him about Ranallo, like " Oh Ranallo's so shit, amiright guys?" If he expressed his opinion in a non dickish way,like if he said " I personally don't like Ranallo's commentary, I find his pop culture references annoying" I wouldn't respond to his post. It has nothing to do with me being sensitive or whatever. If someone posts shit like this and acts like he's speaking on behalf of everyone else on the forum, I'm responding to it.

In the post he said " WE have to listen to lame pop culture references" as if he was speaking on behalf of everybody, and everybody agrees with him that Ranallo's lame, despite literally every comment above rejoicing over him coming back. I didn't respond because he didn't like something I liked, I responded because he was acting like an asshole by, as I said, acting like everyone agrees with him about Ranallo, like " Oh Ranallo's so shit, amiright guys?" If he expressed his opinion in a non dickish way,like if he said " I personally don't like Ranallo's commentary, I find his pop culture references annoying" I wouldn't respond to his post. It has nothing to do with me being sensitive or whatever. If someone posts shit like this and acts like he's speaking on behalf of everyone else on the forum, I'm responding to it.

He did say "I'VE been enjoying WWE without him"

You're way more of a dick than he is.

He said "I" twice and "we" once, at the end of it. At that point, it should've been obvious he was talking from his own perspective, instead, you're taking it out of context.

Your petty comment and your misplaced justification for it is based on a wrong assumption and now you're calling him names over it.

That's dumb and on you.

Not really willing to get lectured again for going off-topic, so if you disagree or can't accept that, I don't give enough of a shit to go back-and-forth over this, so I won't.

Mauro Ranallo returned to WWE at last night's NXT television tapings from the campus of Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida. Ranallo joined Percy Watson and Nigel McGuinness as the new trio for the NXT brand that will debut on next week's episode on the WWE Network.

Dave Meltzer noted on the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE had been working to get Ranallo back since approximately April 20, 2017. Ranallo mysteriously disappeared from his duties as the play-by-play announcer of SmackDown Live since the March 14, 2017 episode, including missing WrestleMania 33. It was later learned that Ranallo was dealing with depression, something that was rumored to have been exacerbated by bullying issues with fellow commentator John "Bradshaw" Layfield.

As noted, Ranallo spoke about his return to WWE with The Associated Press and was asked about issues with JBL.

"I was willing to walk away from my dream job," Ranallo said. "Let's leave it at that. In order for me to do that, I had to be true to my convictions and what makes you a human being."

Meltzer noted WWE didn't want Ranallo on the outside, talking about what happened, plus the fact that Ranallo is really good at his job. In addition to his responsibilities with WWE, Ranallo now works for Bellator MMA and is the play-by-play man for Showtime Boxing, which will include calling the Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor fight in August.

"He's on a show that most of the people that run WWE production don't go to. So that's kind of the key right there," Meltzer commented. "So he's in a different world, working the Orlando shows and the TakeOvers and not the high pressure shows, so to speak. And it's a lot of tapings during the middle of the week."

Ranallo and WWE mutually agreed to his departure earlier this year, which ended his agreement with the company. His new deal to do play-by-play for NXT is a new multi-year contract. Meltzer also noted that Ranallo is away from Layfield, which had to happen.

You can read about how WWE re-introduced Ranallo to their audience at this link.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0624/627415/backstage-news-on-mauro-ranallo-return-to-wwe-and-his-new-deal/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I can see it now. His epic return.

A long-winded HHH promo at its most-scripted finest (or a smoother better promo from Regal) where he introduces Mauro.

Perhaps a handshake, you know, for the cameras.

The crowd goes beserk. Chants of "THANK YOU MAURO!" and/or "YOU DESERVE IT!" run through the arena. Maybe a complimentary "FIRE BRADSHAW!" with Mauro struggling to contain his satisfaction.

Are you Vince McMahon?

Mauro will be more like himself on NXT, they don't micromanage everything through the headset. Best solution for everyone really, glad to see him back too.

Welcome home. In one of the bigger surprises of the year, Mauro Ranallo was announced as returning to the WWE family and the “NXT” broadcast booth in particular. Last week, Ranallo’s return was made public and the episode featuring his return has already been filmed. Now Ranallo has started hyping it up in his own way.

In a Tweet earlier today, Ranallo said that his debut appearance on the show will take place this coming Wednesday and will feature a main event of Asuka defending the NXT Women’s Title against Nikki Cross in a last woman standing match. Ranallo is back with NXT full time and on a multi-year contract, as reported last week.

https://twitter.com/mauroranallo/status/879376171904847873

https://wrestlingrumors.net/mauro-ranallos-wwe-return-date-confirmed/

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Mauro Ranallo & WWE had been talking bout a return since back in March. WWE wanted Ranallo with them and not against them, in part to kill the story of him leaving (and any speculation and rumors as to why), and also to have “the leading voice of combat sports” as part of their team. The feeling was that Ranallo would have ended up back with NJPW on AXS TV. Like WWE bringing back Jim Ross (stopping him from working the ITV World of Sport show), WWE didn’t want them appearing on other high profile wrestling shows. It was all down to the sides working out an agreement that they were both happy with. Triple H was a big part of negotiating the return, and have become a key point in bringing people back into WWE after bad situations, like how he was the point person in bringing Bruno Sammartino back into the fold.

The new agreement allows both sides that had issues to not work with each other or even be around each other. The comments by JBL on the “Bring it to the Table,” show what led to Ranallo leaving the promotion and suffering a severe breakdown. JBL was not the reason he left, but JBL wouldn’t have been allowed to say what he said on the show on his own and saying it was JBL as the reason he was gone would be very much simplifying an issue. Ranallo’s public statement when the sides reached a settlement about JBL having nothing to do with his leaving was at the request of WWE to avoid more negative press.

Ranallo signed a two-year contract, which replaces the previous contract he had with the company. The contract is for NXT TV & Takeover events (about 18-20 dates a year). The key agreement is that he would be working with and for Triple H and Michael Cole. Cole produces NXT and Triple H runs NXT. They were the two who made the original push to bring him on for Smackdown when the company was looking for changes in the show in early 2016. Ranallo’s contract is not exclusive to WWE and he will be able to work for Bellator and Showtime boxing.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/more-details-on-mauro-ranallos-wwe-return/

Archived