WWE 2K18 not coming to last gen

⊗ Volrath ⊗

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who see last gen and think they spend that much time on it. I bet it takez like a week to finish last gen and they move on to the money makers

Ah yes, I forgot all about your long list of development credentials that allows you to make an educated guess such as that. /s

Anyone who see last gen and think they spend that much time on it. I bet it takez like a week to finish last gen and they move on to the money makers

A week, hell the new models alone would take a month a piece.

Make then for current gen then make them slightly shitter, shouldn't be too hard

Make then for current gen then make them slightly shitter, shouldn't be too hard

I'm glad you don't develop games lol

Nah most the models r re use just updates attiee

Nah most the models r re use just updates attiee

Austin, it doesn't work like that. You have to recode it all. You can't just copy and paste one model into another. They just used the same resources.

Got last gen 17 today and... damn it's just so much more fun. I missed the THQ gameplay.

Funny you say this I was on PS Now and played 2K15(last gen) and tbh the gameplay was more fun than the next gen version of 2K15. Weird.

I've never played the current gen version of 2K15 but it had terrible reviews. I had the last gen version and it was a good game. No MyCareer but the NXT mode was pretty good.

Got last gen 17 today and... damn it's just so much more fun. I missed the THQ gameplay.

Funny you say this I was on PS Now and played 2K15(last gen) and tbh the gameplay was more fun than the next gen version of 2K15. Weird.

I've never played the current gen version of 2K15 but it had terrible reviews. I had the last gen version and it was a good game. No MyCareer but the NXT mode was pretty good.

The NXT mode was super fun for me. Especially proving ground and Cena stuff!

The NXT mode was super fun for me. Especially proving ground and Cena stuff!

At least Cena doesn't teleport in the higher than legend difficulty match lmao

I hate the THQ version of the gameplay.

Too fast or not as fluid for your liking? Just curious.

I know this will sound odd, but I find the THQ gameplay to be "win at all cost" type gameplay, where the 2k version is kinda storytelling gameplay. A little more slow, a bit more relaxed.

I hate the THQ version of the gameplay.

Too fast or not as fluid for your liking? Just curious.

I know this will sound odd, but I find the THQ gameplay to be "win at all cost" type gameplay, where the 2k version is kinda storytelling gameplay. A little more slow, a bit more relaxed.
No that doesn't sound odd. I can actually see where you're coming from. 2K version is definitely more fluid and the selling animations play a part in that too.

So that means better graphics and gameplay now?

How exactly? 18 is 99% to play the exact same as 17 and 16. People REALLY over estimate the "effects" of the last gen.

• 1 month later...

I always get all my games on a specific PlayStation system until it's discontinued. It's like a rocket set for spaceflight, it goes through different stages...

PS1: SmackDown! and SmackDown! KYR

PS2: Smackdown! JBI, SYM, HCTP, SmackDown vs. Raw 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

PS3: WWE '12, '13, 2K14, 2K15, 2K16, 2K17

WWE 2K18 will be my first game for PS4.

Because old gen had the same controls from previous years which made it better.

Next gen controls are just shit. Just because a game is updated with new consoles doesnt make it great.

Archived