WWE2K18 Confirmed Information!

Ernez

Im looking forward to thursday/friday, since if i recall correctly from the 2K forums, their twitter account was teasing about that screenshot.

What screenshot?

From the previous video, the one kn the screen behind the guy. The one everyone was debating on who it was.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just my own ranting so I apologize...

I hope with almost 200 wrestlers that we get back

Stevie ray

Harlem heat booker t

Honky tonk man

Roddy piper

Haku

Corey Graves (playable)

Sgt slaughter

And add king king bundy, ted dibiase (playable), iron sheik, Rick Martel, Virgil, Akeem, Jim duggan, powers of pain, eve, Tommy dreamer, tazz, and there's that .0000001% (in some universe out there) hogan gets in.

...and actually give us managers back this time since the manager system actually works.

This is not exactly wwe2k18 news but if anyone else follows the NBA 2k series they've just started releasing new images for 2k18 in the last week and the graphics are amazing compared to last year. This could be the same new engine WWE 2k18 as well... the eyes are alive!!!! Check out the NBA 2k18 photos to see what I'm talking about!!

This is not exactly wwe2k18 news but if anyone else follows the NBA 2k series they've just started releasing new images for 2k18 in the last week and the graphics are amazing compared to last year. This could be the same new engine WWE 2k18 as well... the eyes are alive!!!! Check out the NBA 2k18 photos to see what I'm talking about!!

They do look awesome, but I read in one of the early nba previews when they announced the cover that 2k is trying a new graphics engine and if successful it could appear in other 2k games in the future. It sounds like it's something WWE could get in the future, but not this year as NBA 2k is trying it out to see how it turns out.

Pretty sure they confirmed a new Graphics engine this year for WWE 2K. The NBA 2K series looks the same but more detailing to items and scans.

Yes, Wwe has a new one confirmed, but what I said was that the early NBA previews basically said it's not the same graphics engine wwe is using. It's an "experimental" one in NBA that's supposed to be cutting edge and they are trying it out. Whatever wwe is using is different since the post I was responding to said that this could be the engine wwe is using.

They do look awesome, but I read in one of the early nba previews when they announced the cover that 2k is trying a new graphics engine and if successful it could appear in other 2k games in the future. It sounds like it's something WWE could get in the future, but not this year as NBA 2k is trying it out to see how it turns out.

We do have a new graphics engine this year why wouldn't it be the same one already in use on nba2k18?

This doesn't make sense why would 2k admit they've been working on this new wwe graphics engine for a couple years and finally are able to use it but now your saying 2k can use a better one? Would seem like they'd use the same engine... idk though just my opinion. Doesn't seem likely that they're just experimenting with this and still put out a full game I think the graphics we see in nba2k is far from them playing around with something new

We do have a new graphics engine this year why wouldn't it be the same one already in use on nba2k18?

This doesn't make sense why would 2k admit they've been working on this new wwe graphics engine for a couple years and finally are able to use it but now your saying 2k can use a better one? Would seem like they'd use the same engine... idk though just my opinion. Doesn't seem likely that they're just experimenting with this and still put out a full game I think the graphics we see in nba2k is far from them playing around with something new

HI dont know all the specifics, but to chime in here one of the notes from a Q+A'with the producer on NBA 2K that I saw around the time that the legend edition with Shaq was announced. The NBA team has been creating a new graphics engine for the past three to four years (around the time 2K had just acquired WWE) with an outside company and that if it is successful other 2K games could start using it within the next year or two. WWE's new engine seems to focus on lighting and rendering while from what was said about NBA is that the difference is that NBA's engine impacts the entire character model inside and out making it not only looks like the real players more accurately, but also makes the model react and move as close to how a real person would. It said rather than using the suit with the ping pong balls on it the mo cap took place using players in full body suits with striped senors on them so it captures all of their movements.

(editing- autocorrect hates me)

HI dont know all the specifics, but to chime in here one of the notes from a Q+A'with the producer on NBA 2K that I saw around the time that the legend edition with Shaq was announced. The NBA team has been creating a new graphics engine for the past three to four years (around the time 2K had just acquired WWE) with an outside company and that if it is successful other 2K games could start using it within the next year or two. WWE's new engine seems to focus on lighting and rendering while from what was said about NBA is that the difference is that NBA's engine impacts the entire character model inside and out making it not only looks like the real players more accurately, but also makes the model react and move as close to how a real person would. It said rather than using the suit with the ping pong balls on it the mo cap took place using players in full body suits with striped senors on them so it captures all of their movements.

(editing- autocorrect hates me)

They said the same thing about wwe2k they said the new graphics engine has been in progress for about 3 years and this year they are finally able to use it....

If Aleister Black managed to make the cut, I wonder how they'll do his wake-up taunt.

I feel like his wake-up taunt would be him pointing his finger like this: http://imgur.com/a/9h6A0

And then he'd probably have a variation of it where he picks up his opponent with his foot.

Thats what I was talking about. So far I don't think we've had a wake-up or charge taunt that physically interacted with the opponent so I wonder how they'd do it.

I would say that they would've to make a taunt that directly interacts with the wrestlers like Jack Swagger's push up or Corbin's knee but since those are moves, I guess it would be too hard to do it with the taunt so probably no Wake-Up Taunt outside of a generic one

If Aleister Black managed to make the cut, I wonder how they'll do his wake-up taunt.

I feel like his wake-up taunt would be him pointing his finger like this: http://imgur.com/a/9h6A0

And then he'd probably have a variation of it where he picks up his opponent with his foot.

Thats what I was talking about. So far I don't think we've had a wake-up or charge taunt that physically interacted with the opponent so I wonder how they'd do it.

Judging from the spinning DLC punch we got with the HoF pack, I could see a different variation of the Black Mass with the pick-up animation being part of the move itself, so it'll probably be a grounded heavy strike to an opponent with torso on the mat.

Archived