What's Going On In your "My Career"

I figured since there isn't a My Career thread, i'd create one.

anyway this is what just happened in mine

i don't play it much but i got the urge to play My Career. so this is what happened.. I'm the Current US Champ. since i never got the NXT Title i decided to go back to NXT. the game kept wanting to make me run in on Sami Zayn (current NXT Champ) so the first time i ran in after his match, and just left to make it seem i was staring him down. then they forced it on me again so i ran in. it became a match, I beat the living bejesus out of him, put a chair on his head, did a diving leg drop and left. I have an interview with Renee about what i just did and what happens? Seth F"N Rollins attacks me. I don't know what it is with my caw and rollins but in every 2k game in my career he attacks me and i end up having an amazing feud LOL

I haven't played it in a while but want to get back into it. If I remember correctly, I'm the IC champion in a feud with Dolph Ziggler.

I love the mode but it needs to be structured better in match ups. It would make a huge difference if each week is a random opponent while only interacting with rivalries in cut scenes and 2 big matches a month or something.

I'm hoping for a much better effort like that in 2k18 so bad

I haven't played it in a while but want to get back into it. If I remember correctly, I'm the IC champion in a feud with Dolph Ziggler.

I love the mode but it needs to be structured better in match ups. It would make a huge difference if each week is a random opponent while only interacting with rivalries in cut scenes and 2 big matches a month or something.

I'm hoping for a much better effort like that in 2k18 so bad

i can honestly say that 2k16's career was a bit better. partially because it didn't have the thing that forced you to run into someone's match like when i jumped back to nxt it kept making me run in sami zayn's matches. first time i let it go but the second time i beat the holy hell out of him and he was bloodied so much i thought i was playing a 2k15 mod lol i've never seen that much blood on the face. don't worry that video is coming very soon. I Mark Henry'd him except i didn't crush his leg i put the chair on his head and did a diving leg drop. of course the commentary ruined it by saying "a big time miss" lol

I've literally never tried MyCareer since 2015.

Is it worth trying this year?

Until it becomes as boring as watching paint dry on a wall, then yeah... it's worth trying.

Yeeeh, see these quotes don't fill me with confidence haha I got so bored of the 2015 one. I didn't like the concept of having to start my entire moveset over again, either.

Until it becomes as boring as watching paint dry on a wall, then yeah... it's worth trying.

it's actually not that bad.

it's repetititve and if people hadn't asked for the AI to do run ins and breakouts then it wouldn't be ruined 75% of the time with these forced run ins

I find it difficult deciding what kind of wrestler i'd like to be, either someone who i'd like to see in WWE, a newcomer (real life one), or someone completely fictional.

i just use own personal caw (every year) and up till the NXT DLC was released for purchase, i used an apollo crews caw LOL

Really ? It sucks. I have around 30 hours in it yet I have only won the U.S Title on the main roster and the worst is that it doesn't give you good excitement. There are no story at all in it and I had to create them myself. The only good thing that comes out of it is that I got VC faster thanks to it

In short, the mode is nothing but random matches after random matches, nothing else

Really ? It sucks. I have around 30 hours in it yet I have only won the U.S Title on the main roster and the worst is that it doesn't give you good excitement. There are no story at all in it and I had to create them myself. The only good thing that comes out of it is that I got VC faster thanks to it

In short, the mode is nothing but random matches after random matches, nothing else

I'll pass then. Thanks for the feedback!

I feel by reading the comments here that I made the right decision to skip MyCareer Mode entirely this year.

Same, dude.

I wasn't particularly exciting even when they released more details for it before it was released. Couldn't help but feel it had the same, repetitive vibe.

I still have hopes for the mode. I have faith that there will be lots of improvements in 2k18!

My biggest problem with the Career Mode is that it have so much potential. In WWE 2K16 when I got that Sting rivalry, I was so excited to play it. If they made the effort to have cut-scenes in it and actual stories, this mode could be so amazing but instead, it's a infinite grind.with no research...

I mean, even on NXT, you had to compete on two shows per week ( NXT & Main-Event ) even if it never happened for a real life superstar...

I hope that with the Brand Split this year, we will get to see a new version of My Career with a lot more focus put in it instead of " copy & paste "

I always find the character development a let down my main caw is supposed to be a quiet lone wolf caw who does his in ring ability do the talking but there is no way to tell the game that and all the in ring promos are generic and my caw comes out looking like a cocky heel

Last time I played it, I had just turned my back on my heel stable( with Jericho and Emma) in order to become a Paul Heyman guy which I would have never got if me and Jericho didn't hold the tag belts for so long. Joined with Brock (WWE champion) and Paul Heyman. Which lead to the IC title.

Hopefully next year can change career mode attires because made some alt attires for them that I wish I could have used in career mode.

Archived