The Pokemon Thread

Jmerc

Hmm, I don't think Bisharp and Malamar are bulky enough to use Rest/Sleep Talk effectively enough.

i'd instead put Knock Off, Iron Head, or Swords Dance on Bisharp. Maybe Tospy-Turvy and Psycho Cut

IT WORKS and no one expects it they always use what u said as bisharp so they set up like that it also use for burn users

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-667947737

Here is my Electric Monotype in action

Tapu Koko @ Fairium Z

Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch
Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Surf
- Grass Knot
Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Sticky Web
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Extrasensory
- Signal Beam
Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Signal Beam
- Volt Switch
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

I realized during that battle that I am running all special attackers. halp
The roles in my team are pretty obvious. Galvantula is the suicide lead. He places Sticky Web asap. Focus Sash usually lets him live long enough to get a Thunder in on the opponent with Compound Eyes aiding accuracy. Rotom Wall is my defensive pivot packing Will-O-Wisp to break physical attackers. Tapu Koko is fast, powerful, and provides Electric Surge on switch-in. Zapdos is a good pokemon. He packs some coverage too although I"m forgoing Defog and Roost. Heliolisk hits hard with Life Orb, has good speed, and good coverage against ground, fire, and rock types with Surf. Swampart is toast when Grass Knot hits. Mega Manectric along with Tapu Koko, are very good revenge killers with their high speed, and have Volt Switch for keeping momentum while switching to something like Rotom Wash.

I just can't find any good electric physical attackers...

No Play Rough is a 100% wtf

Electrivire is the only psychical I can think of but even then he's pretty bleh

Other options for 100 or so attack would be Electross, Mega Ampharos (as an attacker lol) or Zebstrika

You're using NU Zapdos, so NU isn't out of your reasoning I suppose

Ah I figured it was with it's brothers Moltres and Articuno in NU but fair play if Zapdos is good.

I think if you need a psychical attacker, you pretty much only have Electrivire then. With Thunder Punch/Wild Charge, Earthquake, Fire Punch/Ice Punch, Brick Break maybe? Iron Tail if you don't mind the shit accuracy. Looks like he gets Rock Slide too. He shouldn't be too bad, has some good options.

Zapdos is the only one of the Legendary Birds who aren't crippled by 4x weakness to stealth rock and it's typing has better synergy, as well as decently better coverage.

I see other Electric Monotype teams run Alola Golem. Has Stealth Rock, Electric boosted Return, Rock STAB, and some other things.

I like Electrive's design and his coverage is really good, but he just lacks stopping power.

IDK, electric types aren't really known for their physical attackers

Alola Golem has some good attacking stats but like normal Golem it's pretty shit defensively because of it's Special Defence but it can probably do the job for a monotype. I think Electrivire is a better option than it

If doing doubles you could also use Discharge with whoever is partnering Electivire to get mad Speed boosts. Have that as a Zebstrika and spam it with both and they'll be get hella speed

Smogon rulings make no sense some times. Zekrom is uber but when you fuse it with kyurem it drops a tier.

Ice is a shit typing and there isn't really a physical Ice move it can use. It can't even learn Ice Punch. In fact the only physical Ice move it gets, is one that takes two turns to use.

Archived