Jmerc

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'll run out of things to copy eventually

Megas

Fusion

Burst Mode

Alternate forms based on where you're from (Alola forms)

Humans fusing with Pokemon (Manga)

Devolution (In Super Mystery Dungeon you can temporarily get to your highest stage before reverting back to base stage)

Talking monsters

Alternate Dimensions that you can visit

A lot of those are common tropes that go ages back in fiction in general.

Talking monsters? wat. Mewtwo talked ages ago and was a rare thing back then in Pokemon, it's not something recent?

Alternate forms based on location? Like how certain kinds of animals differ from one side of the world to the other?

One day Hollywood will realise that live action anime doesn't work

Or video games

Pokemon "copying" Digimon is now a meme because of the 15+ years of Pokemon fans shitting on the Digimon franchise

It IS pretty suspicious that everything other than Z-moves recently has been in Digimon before Pokemon though...

Pokemon "copying" Digimon is now a meme because of the 15+ years of Pokemon fans shitting on the Digimon franchise

It IS pretty suspicious that everything other than Z-moves recently has been in Digimon before Pokemon though...

It really ain't. Much as I hate using sub names, Mega is dub only for Digimon. I highly doubt TPC or GameFreak were paying any attention to Digimon's dub when thinking up mega evolution. Not to mention if anything.

Hell, the only legitimate claim of "copying" you could probably make is...the one manga that shall not be namedctaking from Digimon Frontier. And that has absolutely nothing to do with the games or any part of the franchise people actually care about.

tbh, when I saw a recent anime battle on you-tube, I thought it was becoming more like Dragon Ball Z or anything but with pokemon.

Supposedly, movie 1 Mewtwo is strong enough to tie the entirety of One Piece

That's how they did it. They liked the idea of Megas but didn't want it obvious they were stealing it so took the dub name to make it less obvious.

More Smogon Adventures on OU Tier

Replay One

So, what happened was I opened with Gallade. I went into Mega Gallade and do taunt because I predicted stealth rock. And I was right. Then instead of Drain Punch for Fighting Type weakness, I went with Zen Headbutt instead. And the person switched to Chandelure and Zen Headbutt oneshotted it Then he rage quit right after

Replay Two

Actually a pretty good battle. I went ony four down to six with this guy. My favorite spot was the Relic Song to give my Ninetales a type advantage. Ninetales was my team's MVP.

------------------------------------------

So, here is my Fairy Monotype team on Smogon

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite

Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Cosmic Power
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
Mimikyu @ Leftovers
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magic Coat
- Toxic
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Toxic
- Protect

So, Mega Gardevoir and Mimikyu are my hard hitters. Ninetales provides support with Aurora Veil. It has Blizzard and Freeze-Dry for a reason. Blizzard is used on non-water types. Rain teams are common and Freeze-Dry and Snow Warning works great at shutting other weather teams. Clefable shuts down most set-up sweepers with Unaware. Sylveon is wish-passer and toxic stall and STAB coverage. Klefki is the suicide lead who sets up spikes, thunder wave, and I had pretty amusing results with Magic Coat.
The only problem my team has a problem with are steel and fire teams. Rain teams I can shut down really easily due to Ninetale's Freeze-Dry and Mimikyu's Sword Dance + Wood Hammer combo. Those Rotom Washes me nothing.

USUM spoilers-

The fire totem is insanely over powered. A 160 base attack Pokemon at level 22 with a speed boost (Alolan Marowak holding the thick club) with a 111 special attacker with 117 speed ally (Salazzle) is waaaaaaaaaaay too powerful. Like, I lost 7 times before I won. They would just team up and kill all my dudes with either 1 or 2 shots. Only reason I won on try 8 was that I had to soft reset till it started with Detect so that I got a free Roto Boost on all stats. (you can have Rotom boost all your stats by one but I never wanted to use it as it seems like cheating but I had little choice tbh) Then I Z water moved it to death (normal Z move only did half even though it was from a one level below Milotic, so wtf. Meant that after doing it like 4 times before this, she would always get killed the turn after)

Like, that shit is way to difficluty and I pretty much had to cheat to win. Idk why they would do that, it'd be pretty tough even as the final trial.

Zubat would be one shot instantly by Flame Wheel, Torract died in 2 hits, Lopunny would die to Brick Break, Cottonee is useless in this trial and Pikachi also died in one hit so unless I wanted to grind for days (I was one level below them, though when my Zubat evovled shortly afterwards I wondered if it could've lived some of the attacks but tbh it woudln't have mattered since it would've just been two shot instead)

I beat a whole team of Alola legendaries/ultra beasts/whatever with my regular OU team rather handily not too long ago.

The UB are registered as legends in the Pokedex, as is Silvally (who was confirmed like a month ago). For now, Bulbapedia doens't class the UB as legends as it's not been said officially but they're included as "sub legendaries" in the Pokedex coding, alongside Pokemon like Zapdos or Regirock

When the shiny odds are that easy, do they really count? they kinda devalue it if all encounters in there are 7%, even higher should one acquire the shiny charm (14%?)

my mono dark team still fine tuning a bit but has been pretty much destorying everything but fairys

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

Mandibuzz @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature