The Pokemon Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game looks amazing. I keep getting Breath of the Wild vibes from it...which is not bad at all. They went above and beyond in a way that I never expected them to. Only complaint is the lack of ALL Pokemon. I think it's extremely important for these games to include every single Pokemon for the fans to use, and I'm not sure why they keep not doing it.

There is a way to brijg old Pokemon in there just not in the game by default I do love how weather effects the battlefield more so this gen

Classic Austin response right here.

No...they said you could bring Pokemon into the game which are in the Gala Pokedex. That means the game does not feature a full dex. That means it has some Pokemon, you can import some more...but you can never import all of them. Try again.

Are you dense? The people who made the game literally said "You can only import Pokemon that are in the Gala region". They wouldn't even say that if you could import all of them.

Have you ever thought maybe they'll change their minds and do an update later on but at first you won't be able to it all depends on the fans reaction and what Pokemon can and cannot go

Have you ever thought maybe they'll change their minds and do an update later on but at first you won't be able to it all depends on the fans reaction and what Pokemon can and cannot go

No, I haven't thought of that...because, that's *censored*ing goofy.

The game has to be developed to accept additional content.

If they're saying that you can only import specific Pokemon, then that's what you can do. If they intended to allow more Pokemon later (via DLC, or other means)...then they would say as much...or at least allude to it by saying something like "At launch, you can only import Pokemon that are in the Gala dex". They didn't say that. They just straight up said you could only import Gala Pokemon. There was no "maybe now, maybe later".

Words are important.

Things don't change just because you have a gut feeling about them. You're wrong. As usual.

Trust me I bet all the Pokemons going to be available for the simple reason is there not going to limit what Pokemon you can and cannot use in the next World Championship because of this game eventually all Pokemon be available in the game I bet anything on it

why would they lie lol

Honestly, this was a matter of when, not if. How many Pokémon are there now? Factor in stuff like Shinies and Mega Evolutions and special exitions and a game where not every Pokémon was available was inevitable.

Which means leaving out entire customer-generations, with their favorite Pokemon

Honestly, this was a matter of when, not if. How many Pokémon are there now? Factor in stuff like Shinies and Mega Evolutions and special exitions and a game where not every Pokémon was available was inevitable.

irrlevant, theyre reusing their 10 year old models that were created for the pokedex app in gen 5. the gen 8 models are the same as the 3ds games and lets go, all they gotta do is press copy and paste and boom its in the game

what theyre doing here is they've decided they no longer want to use all pokemon, and are cutting the ones they think are too weak or too strong

irrlevant, theyre reusing their 10 year old models that were created for the pokedex app in gen 5. the gen 8 models are the same as the 3ds games and lets go, all they gotta do is press copy and paste and boom its in the game

what theyre doing here is they've decided they no longer want to use all pokemon, and are cutting the ones they think are too weak or too strong

Copy and paste" as you put it, is not as simple as CTRL + C > CTRL + V. You still need to adjust the code for the models to fit the new gameplay updates they make. It's no good if Skitty's floating 10 feet in the air because of the game trying to use Snorlax's animations for it or if Delibird is causing the game to freeze every time it is called into battle because the game cannot find its battle animations. Plus, if carrying things over was as simple as you claim to be, every game would be doing it. There is a good reason F1 games don't carry over the cars, drivers & tracks from the previous season unless they are in the next season too, or that several old attires from previous WWE games have missing pieces in CAW mode. Honestly, it is REALLY impressive that they pulled off such a huge roster for so long, but we are no longer talking about around 300 2D, black & white images in Red and Blue anymore, we are talking about over 2,000 fully fledged, fully coloured 3D models with specific animations catered to each one. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand how people can be upset if their favourites don't make the cut, especially given the franchise's main tagline. but at the end of the day Pokémon is doing no different to Super Mario Brothers, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, WWE, FIFA, UFC, Crash Bandicoot, LEGO, or any other video game series you can think of.

F1 games don't carry over due to licensing issues.

Pokemon, through its characteristics, should be expected to deliver the ability to use every single Pokemon if the trainer has them, in a main series-game. Spin-offs, okay. But a main series-game? All of them. It wasn't a question of when, nobody expected this to be a situation.

Now you have people buying services under the assumption that their old Pokemon, all who have seen lots of time and effort being invested into (and that's without taking the competitive IV/EV-boosted, perfect nature bred Pokemon into account), would be transferable through said service. Not only does that now not happen for the first main series-game on the Switch, which could end up being a huge blunder if enough people get upset over it, it might not ever happen. And if they go in that direction, they would alienate generations of players. They would *Censored* themselves. It's not a direction that should be supported. I cancelled my pre-order.

Oh and when you think about how SM was actually a rushed, incomplete game and USUM then being the complete update that somehow botched the story because of time restrains, it's a very bad look.

Makes Game Freak look like they can't handle the main series anymore.

Archived