The Pokemon Thread

Jmerc

because the system/graphics etc were too much of a strain for the 3DS. They could barely even manage double battles tbh. you could probably argue its the base 3DS' fault, as anything they make has to be able to run on that too, but even on my 3DS XL, double battles were laggy as shit

and the 2DS is a shitter 3DS

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"It worked before, so it could work again" is hardly a good reason to keep producing something in an intentionally inferior way. Nintendo has a more capable system in the Switch. So, what you're saying is not dissimilar to our dependency on oil in 2019. We know better methods exist, and we only keep using an outdated method because people refuse to let go of it. I get that the Switch is expensive, and people can't necessarily afford one when they already own a 2DS or 3DS. I do understand that. But the time has still come to move forward. If you pull the "this thing still works" card every single year, then what's forcing you to ever join us in the present?

Weird European vibe that doesn't really translate into Pokemon. Feels kind of cold and industrial.

Basically just made Germany.

Waiting for the follow up games, 'Hammer' and 'Sickle'.

Probably dropping simultaneously with Trump's 2020 campaign.

In Ruska region, Pokemon catch you!

Kalos was France, SM was Hawaii and this seems a bit middle-agey England, which I'm guessing is represented in the games being called Sword and Shield.

So Pokemon SS. Some jokes will be made based on that abbreviation.

Anyway HYPE HYPE HYPE.

Not sure who my favorite starter is: I can't pick and stick.

Also, I feel like the Fire, Water, Grass formula is lazy here. You have this clearly industrial region...why don't you have the starters set as Steel, Electric, Poison or something? I feel like that's the main thing that's throwing me off about the overall vibe of this game. Traditionally speaking, I know that the formula has always gone that way. But, I really feel like that was one change they should have made here. Nothing about this region suggests that Fire, Water, or Grass would be the most desirable starters for the people who live in the region. It feels kinda like if you went to Brazil, and gave the kids an American football instead of a soccer ball...

And, hell...two of these designs are tropical. A monkey and a chameleon? Those feel like recycled starters that weren't used for the Alola region. The rabbit is fine...but the others are a stretch. I don't know why shit like that bothers me...but it does. If you're going to intentionally design a region to mimic a real world location, then you should take the time and effort to make the entire game mesh as a believable world.

And I feel like Rowlet would have been more at home here than the Alola region. It really feels like all of these starter designs are drawn at the same time, and then they just mix them up in a big hat and pick one for each energy type. Because, a lot of these make more sense for regions other than the ones they end up in.

Have to see what the evos look like...but, I'm leaning towards Sobble as well.

He just seems like a sad little friend. The other two will do fine without me. :lol:

Oh...and am I the only person bothered by how linear this map looks? Is this an adventure game, or a Mortal Kombat tower?

To be fair, all the games have been linear. the only difference is this seems more like a straight line with branches, and previous ones were circles. Same result.

... I know. I was talking about the map too. Literally they're all the same, the only difference is previous games had you go in a circle, still linear.

Besides, I suspect those trains we saw will play a role. I think we might actually be bouncing back and forth between areas with new parts unlocked as you do.

Steel electric poison isn't a trio, they aren't even super effective on each other. Poison has no effect at all on steel.

As for the starters, they kinda suck. Best one is the fire one. The final stages are what mostly matter anyway tbf.

Also I thought the name was a troll at first.

I need a switch now, I dont like the starters and seeing the map is eh, but still want it lol. Sun and Moon was eh to me, its alright, I haven't finished it. I may now since my friend got a 2DS and got Moon with it so we can trade and battle, I'm gonna trade my Haunter and Kadabra to evolve them. I want my Gengar as I've said many times on theses forums it's my #1 Pokemon. Weird story to why tho :lol:

Archived