The Pokemon Thread

Jmerc

Without the Pokewalker sees for around £30 on Ebay, so I think the Pokewalker boosts the price

I also heard the box adds a lot as well

So Box+Pokewalker = hella money

and by box, I mean the big cardbord one, not the normal one that holds the cartridge

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my regrets of my youth was damaging, or, just outright throwing away the cardboard boxes for my GB and GBC games. By the time I had a GBA, I stopped doing that...as I had learned that the boxes not only protected the games, but looked nice and had collector's value. But, yeah...I had all the Pokemon games new in box, and all of the earlier ones just lost their boxes as time went on. Of course, I don't even have the games themselves anymore. Which is another of my regrets (selling a ton of games to Gamestop for pennies on the dollar, when I was about 15, and didn't have a job). That happens to a lot of kids, though. Sounds like a good way to get new stuff at the time. Then you look back and say "I traded 50 games to Gamestop for less than a dollar each, just so I could buy Vice City? (Or whatever "must have" game it was) :lol:

Without the Pokewalker sees for around £30 on Ebay, so I think the Pokewalker boosts the price

I also heard the box adds a lot as well

So Box+Pokewalker = hella money

and by box, I mean the big cardbord one, not the normal one that holds the cartridge

Oh, that explains it. Last time I checked, my local game shop sold it for the usual price, around 35-40. Normal box, not a cardboard one. I never see a cardboard box for a DS game.

No...it's more than disagreeing.

A disagreement is when you say "I don't think we need that" and you leave it at that. What you and Muur continuously do is suck every ounce of excitement out of this topic by acting like you have the final say on all things Pokemon, regarding what should and shouldn't be done.

No, it's giving a reason for my stance. You say you think open world is a good idea. I say I think it's a bad idea and then explain why I think it's a bad idea.

Like I said...it would be fine if it was one or two things. But, it's everything. Whether someone suggests a port of a game, a remake of a game, an idea for a game, says that they like a specific Pokemon more than another, suggests a gameplay mechanic they'd like to see, says they prefer one gen over another...it's endless. The two of you are relentless in shutting people down around here.

It's a forum. What do you expect?

And, do I get into arguments about things? Absolutely. But my arguments are never about what I "know for a fact that Nintendo or The Pokemon Company is going to do"..."because that's how it is, and always will be".

I pay attention to the way they do things. Still makes for a better argument than "because it'd be cool"

It's like the both of you have zero mind for change. Things don't automatically remain forever the same just "because". A mere few years ago, the idea of a Pokemon mobile game would have been out of the question. It happened.

1. Not all change is good.

2. No. Just because I don't like your ideas, doesn't mean I don't like change. It just means I don't like you ideas.

3. If you're really gonna go with this argument, you might as well say TCP/Nintendo are gonna let Pikachu and Mario in Mortal Kombat some day.

Point is, you two need to stop acting like you work for Pokemon. You don't, and you probably never will.

I'm not and I don't, but I do go to school for game design and spend a lot of time in video game discussions as well as read/watch a lot about the game industry.

I love how Pokerus doesn't go away in the box. I can basically keep it and spread it forever

I caught Pokerus legit on Pokemon Emerald when it came out and have been abusing that Wingull since to give Pokerus to everyone

Yeah...so, I am able to link my Switch and my phone's Go account just fine...(almost instantly). But then I get an endless loop of "searching for a Go account" when I try to use the front desk at Fuchsia city. What am I doing wrong? It says my account is linked and tells me use the transfer service at Fuchsia. When I do it, that shit don't work.

Seriously...why will PoGo not connect with Let's Go? It worked once...then never again. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. I cleared the cache files for PoGo...not a damn thing works. Meanwhile, there's a shiny Meltan promotion going on, and I'm missing that shit.

*Update: finally got this shit to work. I read an article earlier today about turning off the Switch with a hard reset, via holding the power button for 3 seconds and restarting. I did that, and my game could then sync properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Lysander does try to kill 7 billion people and Pokemon tbf

And then Ultra has Giovanni summon a version of Lysander who was successful in this.

Archived