The Pokemon Thread

Jmerc

Red is gen 1 and Gold is gen 2

just because it included stuff from emerald (And even then, uh, I cant really remember anything from Emerald, I mean they literally got hate for not including the Battle Frontier, and I feel like the only "emerald" thing is the Delta episode which lasts 1 hour). HGSS had Crystal stuff, but ORAS doesnt have emerald stuff. so yeah, doesnt meant ORAS is good

and if you haven't played ORAS and youre moaning about wanting to play a Hoenn game...

...well, I dont think I need to say what the solution is here.

gen 3 prob isnt on 3DS because they want you to buy ORAS instead

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was implied I was talking about what I bought first. Probably Gold, and I got Red by trading in systems.

That's what I've been told, I don't know if ORAS has Emerald stuff or not. I'm hoping it does because I've heard Emerald is the best out of the three.

I want to play the original ones, and the only remake I want to really play is HeartGold. And if that's true, then why have Red, Blue, Gold, and Silver when they have remakes out?

Theyre DS games, not 3DS games. They dont sell new DS games, so which version you get is irrelevant.

If anything, they want you to get the versions on the 3DS store.

because nintendo dont give a shit if you buy 10 year old DS/GBA games, that you wont be buying new? they want you to buy new 3DS games. they'd prefer you to buy ORAS on 3DS new, than putting it onto the store. Gen 1 and 2 arent on the 3DS in remake form, so they have them on the store in their OG format. Putting gen 3 on there will cut into new ORAS sales.

But, wouldn't HeartGold, SoulSilver, LeafGreen, and FireRed net more profit? I saw HeartGold sell for $349 and SoulSilver for $299. Either way, it's shitty fo them not to have the original Gen III games.

Pre owned. You think Ninty get that 300 dollars? they get nothing due to it being pre owned.

Pre owned. You think Ninty get that 300 dollars? they get nothing due to it being pre owned.

Wow...you sure missed the point he was making there.

He's saying that Nintendo should keep selling the old games and making them accessible to fans, because, the other option is people scalping used copies for absurd sums. If people are paying $350 for a used copy of a game, then they probably want to still play it...so Nintendo should make it accessible.

Then maybe they should play the ones available or emulate then. Every Gen is playable on 3DS provided you count ORAS as 3. If not it's not hard to find Gen 3 emulators.

Then maybe they should play the ones available or emulate then. Every Gen is playable on 3DS provided you count ORAS as 3. If not it's not hard to find Gen 3 emulators.

Literally how is that a solution to anything?

They want to play the ones that they want to play, and Nintendo should offer (legal) options for people to do that. End of. Not a hole that you're digging yourself out of any time soon. Point is, the physical copies of those games wouldn't be scalped so much if digital options were offered directly from Nintendo. If someone missed those games and now wants to own/play them legally, it shouldn't cost over $300 for them to do that.

Accept it's not Nintendo's decision and I doubt GameFreak gives enough of a shit to bother porting Gen 3 right now. If it ever does get ported, it'll like be some year when they don't really have much. Gen's 4-7 on the other hand, ain't leaving 3DS

*Except

And why are you and Muur such regular naysayers in this topic? It's like no one is allowed to want shit, or have an opinion about Pokemon in any regard without one or both of you talking some pointless nonsensical bullshit.

not all ideas are good

Irrelevant.

We're all here because we like Pokemon. So, when someone says "I'd like to see such and such in Pokemon"...or, "I'd like them to release this game, or remake that game"...the first response they get shouldn't be the two of you saying "We don't need that". It would be fine if it happened one or twice. But, it's everything. Every...single...thing. You two aren't the gate-keepers for the Pokemon section. Otherwise, what is this topic even for?

But, wouldn't HeartGold, SoulSilver, LeafGreen, and FireRed net more profit? I saw HeartGold sell for $349 and SoulSilver for $299. Either way, it's shitty fo them not to have the original Gen III games.

... yes because Nintendo is the one who put it up for that amount on Amazon. Ultimately though, my point is still that it's dumb for Nintendo (or GameFreaks) to not offer VC version of Gen III as well. Especially when it'd be great to "collect" at least one game in each generation that's not a remake.

... yes because Nintendo is the one who put it up for that amount on Amazon. Ultimately though, my point is still that it's dumb for Nintendo (or GameFreaks) to not offer VC version of Gen III as well. Especially when it'd be great to "collect" at least one game in each generation that's not a remake.

Link? I find that hard to believe.

Well you have your answer then, they aint gonna put them onto the 3DS store when theyre selling them for that much money online

Huh if only I hadn't lost my copies (I had two) of Soul Silver, I'd be in the money

HGSS being ten times more expensive than every other Pokemon game makes no sense. I always saw it at around £200 in my game stores and just thought they were idiots, but I guess this is something that's worldwide.

not all ideas are good

Irrelevant.

We're all here because we like Pokemon. So, when someone says "I'd like to see such and such in Pokemon"...or, "I'd like them to release this game, or remake that game"...the first response they get shouldn't be the two of you saying "We don't need that". It would be fine if it happened one or twice. But, it's everything. Every...single...thing. You two aren't the gate-keepers for the Pokemon section. Otherwise, what is this topic even for?

It's called disagreeing. Or just giving my take on *insert thing here*

Hell you constantly get mad whenever someone disagrees with you.

Well you have your answer then, they aint gonna put them onto the 3DS store when theyre selling them for that much money online

Huh if only I hadn't lost my copies (I had two) of Soul Silver, I'd be in the money

HGSS being ten times more expensive than every other Pokemon game makes no sense. I always saw it at around £200 in my game stores and just thought they were idiots, but I guess this is something that's worldwide.

Wait what? HeartGold and SoulSilver are different from Emerald, Ruby, and Sapphire. I have no problem with HG and SS because I can still buy and play them, but I can't do the same with RSE. And putting SS and HG on the 3DS Store would probably save them more money because they wouldn't need to print packages or make cartridges. I wonder if the poke walker or whatever is why both games are so expensive.

Also, SS = SoulSilver, HG = HeartGold, and RSE = Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald just so we're clear.

It's called disagreeing. Or just giving my take on *insert thing here*

Hell you constantly get mad whenever someone disagrees with you.

No...it's more than disagreeing.

A disagreement is when you say "I don't think we need that" and you leave it at that. What you and Muur continuously do is suck every ounce of excitement out of this topic by acting like you have the final say on all things Pokemon, regarding what should and shouldn't be done.

Like I said...it would be fine if it was one or two things. But, it's everything. Whether someone suggests a port of a game, a remake of a game, an idea for a game, says that they like a specific Pokemon more than another, suggests a gameplay mechanic they'd like to see, says they prefer one gen over another...it's endless. The two of you are relentless in shutting people down around here.

And, do I get into arguments about things? Absolutely. But my arguments are never about what I "know for a fact that Nintendo or The Pokemon Company is going to do"..."because that's how it is, and always will be". It's like the both of you have zero mind for change. Things don't automatically remain forever the same just "because". A mere few years ago, the idea of a Pokemon mobile game would have been out of the question. It happened. Point is, you two need to stop acting like you work for Pokemon. You don't, and you probably never will.

Look I just want the previous gens on switch. I dont know how, in not gonna get in the specifics, that's just what I wanna see.

...also ff1 to 6.

THis exactly, but 3DS instead of Switch.

I feel like Muur's gonna argue with you though and say that's impossible.

Archived