The Pokemon Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yellow ins't gen 2

Who said it was? We were talking about all the early gameboy games (including Red, Blue, Yellow)...and then you said that all of them ran out a few years ago. He's just saying his yellow still works.

Gen 1 is prob close to doing it too for the originals

99% just a placeholder but just in case it's not, the latest Pokemon GO update added this guy lol and it's the Pokemon that will be new to Let's Go

lhSxl1e.png

let's hope it's a placeholder cuz thats shit

haven't seen him yet

I believe it's not in the game yet and will be added "soon". It was from an update and was found in the coding of the game by people who hack phones games as that's easy to do apparently. So yeah, it's either Pokemon put it there as a placeholder knowing they'd get hacked - or its the actual Pokemon

Also, I think you only get the new Pokemon by connecting your Pokemon GO to a copy of Pokemon Let's Go (or was it the other way round, and you get the Pokemon in LG? it's one of them)

still - point is - it's not in the game yet, just the coding in the PG Pokedex

I'm going with placeholder, they're not dumb... any more... maybe. Their gen 6 demo was hacked to find the entire game/gen 6 Pokemon and in gen 7 they replaced all gen 7 Pokemon with Pikachus. However - they didn't swap out the shiny forms so people still found out the Pokemon from the demo anyway lol (And in both cases the ENTIRE game was found in the demo). IF they're smart - they put this in there, like I said, as a placeholder.

For now, you gotta hack it in

InO2i1Q.jpg

haven't seen him yet

I believe it's not in the game yet and will be added "soon". It was from an update and was found in the coding of the game by people who hack phones games as that's easy to do apparently. So yeah, it's either Pokemon put it there as a placeholder knowing they'd get hacked - or its the actual Pokemon

Also, I think you only get the new Pokemon by connecting your Pokemon GO to a copy of Pokemon Let's Go (or was it the other way round, and you get the Pokemon in LG? it's one of them)

I'm going with placeholder, they're not dumb... any more... maybe. Their gen 6 demo was hacked to find the entire game/gen 6 Pokemon and in gen 7 they replaced all gen 7 Pokemon with Pikachus. However - they didn't swap out the shiny forms so people still found out the Pokemon from the demo anyway lol (And in both cases the ENTIRE game was found in the demo). IF they're smart - they put this in there, like I said, as a placeholder.

InO2i1Q.jpg

From what I hear it if you catch it turned into a ditto

haven't seen him yet

InO2i1Q.jpg

haven't seen him yet

InO2i1Q.jpg

It does. Caught two or three of them, and they turned into ditto. perhaps to advertise Gen 8th or whatever gen is upcoming?

Ditto can turn into anything, including humans and books. I'm standing by it being a troll from Niantic

does it have a name before capture or is it called ???

I'm reading that Kecleon ALSO turns into Ditto

Like I said originally...I kinda like it.

Upon closer inspection, the body is meant to be made of a Mercury type material. So, it's liquid Mercury with a bronze hex nut for a head, a single disembodied eye, and a tail that looks kinda like a ribbon connector inside a PC. At least, that's my interpretation of it...

Aca43aO.png

I think I like the design, mostly, because I'm thinking of all the ways it can evolve (or even team up with other Meltan to create a bigger threat). A liquid-metal Pokemon has some serious potential in my book. Would be cool if he was made in a lab to mimic Ditto, but ended up being limited to a metal typing. And now he's just a happy little dude who is content with existing at all. :lol: That's my deep lore for Metlan. Lol.

About it being legendary, though...I'm starting to accept that there are, like...different classes of legendaries. You have natural wonders, ancient wonders, aliens, gods, interdimensional beasts, etc. So, it's not so much that Meltan is "legendary", I don't think...so much as people just don't know what it is or where it comes from. I've basically abandoned the concept that legendaries are even a thing (at least, not in the sense that I saw them as a kid).

The text that Oak showed with the picture makes it look alien in origin. Which is fine with me.

I actually like the alien side of Pokemon.

Archived