The Pokemon Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new mythical Pokémon of Sw/Sh has been revealed... Zarude... he look boring? Dark/Grass & Ability is Leaf Guard...

https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-swsh/zarude/

zarude.png

Change the colour palette and he looks like he'd be the final evolution of one of the more lazily designed starters in the series. Not a good sign.

Just watched Mewtwo movie remake...and they changed some really weird things about it, for seemingly no reason.

-Mewtwo doesn't say "this cannot be my destiny" before he destroys the lab.

-The scientist says "we wanted to create the world's most powerful Pokemon"...but doesn't say "we succeeded".

-Team Rocket show up in a Lapras paddle boat instead of a viking long boat.

-At the end, Ash sees Mew fly away instead of Ho-Oh...and even says "that's the rare Pokemon I saw when I started my journey"...no, it's not. Lol.

They changed quite a bit. They extended the opening part, included a few scenes from the anime, changed Raymond's Golem to a Drowsee so that Ash didn't beat a Ground type with Pikachu, Team Rocket were sailors instead of vikings for some reason.

Also they were using moves outside Gen 1. Energy ball and leaf storm

• 2 weeks later...

Got Mystery Dungeon for Switch. I didn't even realize it was a remake of the old ones, tbh...I never played those, so I just assumed this was a new entry in the series. That said, I've probably played it for about 5 hours. I enjoyed the demo, and the full game has been enjoyable as well...if not a little bit repetitive (but most games are). 

• 2 weeks later...

Pokemon really missed a trick by not having Chairman Rose pay people to lose to Leon on purpose, like in Yugioh Arc V with Jack Atlus.

Like the entire premise basically seemed to be what was going to happen and that Leon only won all the time because everyone just lost on purpose, using Grass, Steel etc Pokemon against him and going for non super effective hits and what not. Then your trainer ends up exposing it because they don't take the payment and kick his ass. When Leon finds out he then gets super depressed and gets actual character development, and then actually wins a non scripted fight and get some of his confidence back. 

and why would Rose pay people to do that? to make a celebrity that people pay through the nose to see fight. Fills stadiums etc. Makes millions from Leon's fights and the more he wins the more show up and get invested and if he were to lose, that would stop, which is why people get paid to take a dive. 

you can even throw in a rival to Leon who was paid to lose and comes back for revenge to kick his ass years later because he just couldn't stop thinking about how easily he wouldve beaten Leon had he not lost on purpose for 50,000 dollars or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Been playing alot more Pokémon Go past few weeks, still trying to get my Haunter traded to my friend to make a Gengar. Actually caught my first shiny today, a Piplup, it was very low leveled though. I have like 4 other Pokémon I need to trade in order to evolve. I tried yesterday but my friend didn't have enough stardust to do the trade

Also DANG Pokémon Sword and Shield is still expensive 

AH I got a Shadow Shiny Scyther from Team Rocket. Now I need a Metal Coat so I can evolve it. But its weaker than my other Scyther but ill evolve the shiny. Awesome, thats 2 Shinys so far. 

Oh since I live out in the woods I couldn't get any Pokémon around me, only was able to get 1 a day because I guess that what they do. Since I've been playing this game every day for over a month now, my house is now a hot spot, I can't run out of Pokémon now lol. I get so many a day now here lol. Thats cool

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 7:58 PM, TrisetMaster908 said:

First party Nintendo games have a tendency to stay full price forever. I was actually shocked to see a few of them come down to about $40 over the holiday. I bought my brother Breath of the Wild and Pokemon Sword for Christmas. Managed to save money on Breath of the Wild, which was part of said sale...but, Pokemon was still full price. Don't expect that to change any time soon (or pretty much ever). 

I said screw it and got Shield, with the 2 DLC packs. What made me do it, I watched Jaden Animations Pokemon Platinum Nuzlocke which got me in the Pokémon Mood :lol: I got Shield because I heard Gengar was exclusive or something to it so I had to get it if true because Gengar is my child. I wanna do a Nuzlocke of Shield after I beat it 

I don't... thiiink Gengar is exclusive.. I mean I'm pretty sure one of mine is from my game (albeit I had to trade for it since I don't think Gengar is one of the trade pokemon that roams the wilds).

Awww well, nothing beats my shiny gengar anyway! :D

2 hours ago, BrandonX said:

I don't... thiiink Gengar is exclusive.. I mean I'm pretty sure one of mine is from my game (albeit I had to trade for it since I don't think Gengar is one of the trade pokemon that roams the wilds).

Awww well, nothing beats my shiny gengar anyway! :D

Correction on my part Gigantamax Gengar is Exclusive to Shield 

2 minutes ago, TrisetMaster908 said:

Correction on my part Gigantamax Gengar is Exclusive to Shield 

Ah yes, although the DLC lets you fix that since it gives you the ability to turn dynamax mons into gigantimax.

On 12/31/2020 at 5:16 PM, BrandonX said:

Ah yes, although the DLC lets you fix that since it gives you the ability to turn dynamax mons into gigantimax.

Oh lol, don't really know much about Sword and Shield. Its like the least I know about a Pokémon game. All I heard it had a very small roster but some DLC helped fixed that. 

28 minutes ago, TrisetMaster908 said:

Oh lol, don't really know much about Sword and Shield. Its like the least I know about a Pokémon game. All I heard it had a very small roster but some DLC helped fixed that. 

400 for the base game and I think around 50 to 100 for each dlc. Can't remember exactly, haven't played in a while.

On 12/12/2020 at 7:58 PM, TrisetMaster908 said:

Been playing alot more Pokémon Go past few weeks, still trying to get my Haunter traded to my friend to make a Gengar. Actually caught my first shiny today, a Piplup, it was very low leveled though. I have like 4 other Pokémon I need to trade in order to evolve. I tried yesterday but my friend didn't have enough stardust to do the trade

AH I got a Shadow Shiny Scyther from Team Rocket. Now I need a Metal Coat so I can evolve it. But its weaker than my other Scyther but ill evolve the shiny. Awesome, thats 2 Shinys so far. 

Oh since I live out in the woods I couldn't get any Pokémon around me, only was able to get 1 a day because I guess that what they do. Since I've been playing this game every day for over a month now, my house is now a hot spot, I can't run out of Pokémon now lol. I get so many a day now here lol. Thats cool

Pokemon Go as in the mobile app? I didn't know you could evolve haunter only by trading now...

On 1/5/2021 at 4:29 AM, M3J said:

Pokemon Go as in the mobile app? I didn't know you could evolve haunter only by trading now...

Well 100 Gastly candies or trade. I haven't seen a Gastly in months so the only other way is to trade lol. Now I'm on a mission to find a Gastly in Shield

Archived