The Pokemon Thread

Jmerc

So if I don't have any 3DS pokemon games or the ''Let's Go'' games. Pokemon Home is pointless to me?

Not pointless...but of much less value.

You can still use Pokemon Home to store a shitload of Pokemon.

If you plan on doing any egg breeding on a large scale, Home will prove quite useful for that. I was almost actually out of space in my Sword and Shield boxes...so, Home couldn't have come at a better time.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just don't forget to take them out if you wanna stop paying. They delete Pokemon for that... but it seems to be random. Some are lucky and they aren't deleted but that's not the case for eveyone

I'm curious on if the eevees in my pokebank are dead lol. My brother put like 5 boxes full in there as he was too lazy to delete them.

Also can you see which ones are compatible before you put them in home? I don't want them stuck there and I also don't want to have to check manually for each individual Pokemon

Just don't forget to take them out if you wanna stop paying. They delete Pokemon for that... but it seems to be random. Some are lucky and they aren't deleted but that's not the case for eveyone

Just read (like, yesterday) that they don't do this with Home.

If you don't keep paying, they still let you move the 30 Pokemon in Box 1 for free. If you re-subscribe, then they give you full access to everything again. Apparently, PokeBank was like that with deleting Pokemon...but Home is not.

Also can you see which ones are compatible before you put them in home? I don't want them stuck there and I also don't want to have to check manually for each individual Pokemon

Yes, they are very good about telling you which Pokemon are compatible with which games...and also, which Pokemon might not be able to be traded back if you move them. There are different symbols for different things. And the app specifically reminds you again when you go to confirm that you might not be able to undo what you are doing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My only complaint (and it's a pretty big one), is that the GTS is only available on the mobile app. Why? Give me one good reason why that should be removed from the Switch version of the app. Of course, I know the reason...(ad revenue from being the top seller on the apple store, etc.)...they're just forcing people to download the same app twice...because most people wouldn't if they already had the same functionality on the Switch version.

So I finished Sword and Shield and my main complaint is that... there was no storyline. It was just... do all the gyms. Most of the gyms were way too close together as well.

It was just: do 8 gyms, a guy randomly turns evil so you fight him, and that's the entire game.

The random evil made no sense to me either really. Well the events leading to it anyway. Oh, Leon hasn't come to dinner, let's go get him. evil people: "no you don't. btw were evil now lol".

if I was in that spot I would've just gone home rather than just assume everyone is evil cuz your friend's brother stood you up.

also I guess most of my guys are stuck in Home now cuz they cant be transferred... looking forward to nintendo deleting them (altho the 5 boxes of eevees that were in my pokemon bank were still there lmao)

So I finished Sword and Shield and my main complaint is that... there was no storyline.

Yes there was. Probably more storyline than most of the other games.

There was a big "dark times" in the history books. Things had been calm. You and Hop discover the sword and shield monument in the forest. Those two assholes come and disrupt the monument. Meanwhile, the guy who is supposed to be the president of whatever organization it is that holds the league battles turns out to be abusing the power he found to gigamax Pokemon. He has his assistants also helping him trick people and abuse this power. He has people trick the Pokemon professor into helping as well. He disrupts the actual Pokemon league and your league battle so that he can unleash the full power of the sword and shield dogs. He's a big jerkoff asshole, and you have to go stop him. You stop him. You convince Swordward and Shieldbert to stop being douches. You catch the legendary dog...you discover that the history was wrong about the royalty, and the important element was the two dogs...everything goes back to normal. Roll credits.

Not to mention, the little side storylines with Bede, or Leon.

Only you could play through all of that and say that there was "no storyline".

^ Most of that was in the background and even what was not...was not alot. Like...it's not really anything more then Gen 1 had.

And again...until you basically beaten the league, you are really just a bystander in the plot. I didn't mind it, but it definitely barely had a storyliine compared to most other games of the series

You are given no indication he's evil till your guys wonder why Leon didn't show up for your agreed meal. And even then the only reason you think that is cus his minions stop you. There's straight up no story. Half of your post is post game.

Literally no story happens till you've beaten the semi finals and qualified to fight Leon. How many times did you get stopped by someone when something happened and get told to go do the gym instead? Quite a lot. Only argument you can make for story is when Bede destroys the mural.

Also this is more personal thing but the wild area is shit. I ignored it after that one time you're forced to go. I used Pokemon camp once for 30 seconds.

I used Pokemon camp once for 30 seconds.

Well, that's stupid.

It's an easy way to heal your entire team if you're training and don't want to fly all the way back to a Pokecenter. It's also the quickest way to evolve Pokemon that need high friendship to evolve.

About Pokemon Home: Can I just say...it's complete ass that you can't auto-organize your boxes to things like dex number or whatever. You can see them in specific orders if you go to list view...but you can't keep them that way. How hard would it be to just have that as an option? Especially if you move things around and end up having sections of negative space, or even empty boxes between full ones. They need to patch that in, so I can just select "organize by number" and put everything in an order than makes sense, fill in all the gaps, and know exactly where things are. Because...I'm not organizing thousands of Pokemon manually...especially without a touchscreen function (another thing I don't understand Home lacking).

I used Pokemon camp once for 30 seconds.

Well, that's stupid.

It's an easy way to heal your entire team if you're training and don't want to fly all the way back to a Pokecenter. It's also the quickest way to evolve Pokemon that need high friendship to evolve.

It also gives you affection that cannot be removed which means your Pokemon live moves that should kill them, get extra crits, and also get more experience. I already shoved pokemon in boxes when they matched the level of the next gym leader (I googled to make sure I wasn't over levelled ever)

also affection and friendship are two separate mechanics. it has nothing to do with friendship based evolutions

like, you can literally google this

https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/pokemoncamp.shtml

affection comes from playing with them in camp.

looks like making curry is what can boost friendship, but I straight up don't give two shits. I avoid pokemon amie/refresh/camp because I dont want exp boost and pokemon living moves they shouldn't. that happened to me in oras and when it did I would "accidentally" throw a pokeball at the enemy to make sure they will killed like they shoulve been. i once reset when they got a crit to do the battle again. also none of my pokemon evolved through friendship and only snom, if i ever bother evolving it, needs friendship evo from gen 8 pokemon. the rest I have waiting in pokemon home. i have like 17 lucarios in there for example. oh and they also have it where every battle theyre like "your pokemon looks at you happily" at the start of every battle or whatever. affection pisses me the *Censored* off tbh. I wish you could lower it.

poke jobs is the good side feature they made since it let me get shit tonnes of exp for levels of boxed pokemon.

as for your "training" comment... i already had to box my team way too much to avoid over levelling. do you really think I ever had to "train"? I did the complete opposite, otherwise i would've been ridiculously over levelled. in fact even doing that still caused over levelling. cuz I was like 4 levels higher than one of the gym leaders because of the amount of trainers they have you fight in their gym challenge which was annoying.

if only I was allowed to turn exp share off. I feel like I barely got to use any of the pokemon in my team (because they spent half of the time boxed once they reached a certain level)

also affection and friendship are two separate mechanics. it has nothing to do with friendship based evolutions

looks like making curry is what can boost friendship, but I straight up don't give two shits.

How did you contradict yourself so fast?

Must be a new record...

so when it comes to main series games after the best main series game (black/white 2) theyre as follows.

XY: has a lack of content, but they had to make 1000+ 3D models so I gave them the free pass.

ORAS: they somehow made it shitter than original RS. thats impressive in a way.

SM: I actually enjoyed this game. has a good amount of post game too. not using the EXP share causes opponents to out level you way too often though.

USUM: the worst game in the franchise. they took everything good about SM and made it worse.

LG: lol

SS: has 0 story

looks like making curry is what can boost friendship, but I straight up don't give two shits.

How did you contradict yourself so fast?

Must be a new record...

I mean it has a big different between talking to them and throwing balls at them and whatever, as well as eating curry with them. pokemon camp mostly refers to playing with them. and i wouldn't have used curry because i never really needed to heal. and its not like flying takes very long lol

also the towns are super close together, it seemed impossible to lose enough hp for that to be relevant

Might try to breed a shiny Galarian Slowpoke next. Still working on this damn Clobbopus so I can get a shiny Grapploct, but I'm losing steam on this shit. (Also, with my luck...I'll finally get one and it will be female. I don't have a problem with using female Pokes on my team, but I have preferences about which Pokemon I like in each gender. A female Grapploct would pretty much be useless to me.) I guess breeding a shiny Slowpoke would just be kinda fun, since no one knows what the next couple forms are going to look like. Also, a yellow Slowpoke is kinda neat. Lol.

Affection and friendship are the same thing in swsh. I just gave me Eevee 12 ev reducing berries and had it learn charm and boom got sylveon.

If it was my Pokemon would be doing the affection shit like looking back, getting extra crits etc due to having max affection from naturally being in the party

I really hate that games like Pokemon Masters aren't also on Switch.

What even is the point in that? I can understand why something like Pokemon Go makes no sense in a Switch format...since it requires cellular date and GPS to work properly. But, for real...give me the other spinoff shit. Why not?

And it's not just Pokemon, tbf...it's a whole genre of mobile games that would fit the Switch format exceedingly well. Another big one is WWE Supercard. As long as you have a WiFi connection...that's all you need. But, Pokemon sticks out for the obvious reason of being a Nintendo property.

And I've probably said it ten times by now, but...Pokemon TCG...that literally HAS to be on Switch at some point. Nintendo must hate money to not already be on top of that. Do you have any idea how much money I would spend on physical cards if each pack also had amiibo cards that I could put on a Switch game? Hint...it would be a lot. No one has time for the PC garbage they have now. Bring that shit home.

The GTS is a lot worse than it ever used to be, btw. Probably because its on the phone and you dont have to pay to access it. you dont even need the games, since they start you off with a free pikachu and kanto starter

Just watched Mewtwo movie remake...and they changed some really weird things about it, for seemingly no reason.

-Mewtwo doesn't say "this cannot be my destiny" before he destroys the lab.

-The scientist says "we wanted to create the world's most powerful Pokemon"...but doesn't say "we succeeded".

-Team Rocket show up in a Lapras paddle boat instead of a viking long boat.

-At the end, Ash sees Mew fly away instead of Ho-Oh...and even says "that's the rare Pokemon I saw when I started my journey"...no, it's not. Lol.

The GTS is a lot worse than it ever used to be, btw. Probably because its on the phone and you dont have to pay to access it. you dont even need the games, since they start you off with a free pikachu and kanto starter

What's GTS?

What's GTS?

Global trade station

Archived