The Pokemon Thread

Jmerc

https://youtu.be/TlpVEGA1Pqs

So someone modded Pokemon sword and shield to include Digimon and I kind of want them to do with Digimon game now

if you mean gamefreak doing a digimon game, hell the *Censored* no. media vision have been doing a fantastic job with the recent games, and broke digimons highest selling game record with cyber sleuth

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So someone modded Pokemon sword and shield to include Digimon and I kind of want them to do with Digimon game now

if you mean gamefreak doing a digimon game, hell the *Censored* no. media vision have been doing a fantastic job with the recent games, and broke digimons highest selling game record with cyber sleuth

I'm talking about the art style shield and sword 2 environment and look but in Digimon

I'm talking about the art style shield and sword 2 environment and look but in Digimon

have you seen the trees in sword/shield lol

So, there's a Pokemon Direct happening on the 9th. Hopefully about Pokemon Home. But could be more. And apparently folks in Japan think a Diamond and Pearl remake is coming.

Anyways...I was just thinking about how there's a beast ball in Sword and Shield, which is essentially worthless without ultra beasts in the game. So...I still say that there is a bit of a story unfolding with Sword and Shield that we don't know about yet. There must be intentions to add more stuff.

Not gonna get my hopes up for a full dex...pretty much ever. But, if they announce Pokemon Home and a remake of Diamond and Pearl (perhaps one that supports importing the Sword and Shield Pokemon)...that would be a start towards making me happy.

As happy as I am about all that was announced...they's still some bitches for doing us dirty with the Dex.

Also, I don't think you should need to buy separate $30 DLC packs for both Sword and Shield. Buying once should give you access for both. Kinda some shit, that.

Also, Pokemon Home better be like $5 a year or something. I ain't trying to pay $20 or $30 for a feature.

I havent had a chance to watch since I'm not home. Does anyone have a quick run down on what was announced?

Pokemon Mysterydungeond for the Switch. Release Date in March

Pokemon Sword & Shield Expansions/DLC. Two different packs. In June and Fall respectively. There won't be a "Ultra" version of Sword & Shield. The Expansion contains:.

June Expansion:

-New Island to explore

-Returning Pokemon, that weren't available in the main game

-New Galar-Version for Slowpoke and Slowbro

-New Pseudo-Legendar fighting Pokemon, that will be able to evolve

-The evolved form can either be Fight/Dark or Fight/Water. The choice is up to the player

-New Gigadynamax forms for the three Galar starters, aswell as the two remaining Kanto starters

-New Rival, depending on the version of the game

-Island Dojo, where you train under the former Champion "Mustard" ...

-New Mythical Pokemon

-Island has more of a Summerfeel to it

Fall Expansion:

-New Island to explore

-Again...more and different returning Pokemon

-New Galar-Version for Slowking

-Two new "Regi" Pokemon. Most likely Electric & Dragon

-New Underground areas to explore in co-op

-New Max-Raid battles

-Three Galar-Forms of the Legendary Gen 1 birds

-Previous Legendary Pokemond, with Giga-dynamax forms available

-Island seems to be covere in ice and snow

Both parts of the DLC have many new clothing options (including pieces of main game rivals & the chairman). Also...after updating the game, you can catch a Island-Version Flegmon in the train station in your hometown. You will also meet Klara (Sword) or Avery (Shield) there for a brief moment. That's available for everyone, even without buying the Expansion Pass. There will also be New Tutor-Moves and Appricons are making a comeback.

The final bit of the video was about Pokemon Home coming next month

Just don't know what they were going for by literally just making his head yellow and changing nothing else. Usually there is some meaning behind things. And they definitely took inspiration from Trump and KISS with other designs.

We might have to wait for Slowbro and Slowking to see where they're going with Mustardhead-Slowpoke

I just wish one of the packs was available sooner. I guess Animal Crossing should hold me over till June...plus, I'm now playing through Shield after putting 60+ hours in Sword...so, that should last me a bit as well. Trading between the two, and then trying to complete to dex to the furthest extent possible. (Sword will still be my main).

I'm happy to see Pokemon adopting a more adult style these days. Both in tone of theme and animation style. Pokemon Generations was very good, and this seems pretty cool too. Timing is kinda funny too, since I was just thinking about trying to watch all of the seasons/movies in order. I started that at one point but just lost my place and gave up eventually.

Archived