The Pokemon Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sword and Shield really seem to be setting up for a sequel. Like even more than BW.

Tbf, Sun/Moon did that too when they had Lille go to Kanto (or Gladian, in the cast of Ultra)

Sword and Shield really seem to be setting up for a sequel. Like even more than BW.

Tbf, Sun/Moon did that too when they had Lille go to Kanto (or Gladian, in the cast of Ultra)

SM never felt like they were setting up sequels. It felt like a complete story. Lillie going to Kanto is epilogue stuff at most. Didnt need a full story.

In Swish, you have Piers and Opal resigning, Bede and Marnie becoming gym leaders, Hop and Sonia becoming professors, Leon cleaning up after Rose and taking over Rose tower or whatever the name was, and Oleana doing who knows what. Theres also Toxtricity being relevant to the lore what with the statues in Hulbury and gmax Toxtricity in the glyphs. Only issue is all the legendaries have been caught.

Been watching TFS Play Pokemon Nuzlock as I play. I've only lost 1 in X almost lost my Greninja. Team so far is Greninja, Talonflame, Malamar, Slowpoke, Venusaur, and Lucario. And mostly trash in my PC lol so hopefully none of these die. Especially Talonflame and Malamar

I want another video game like Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness. My Gamecube came with XD and has its logo on the disk lid. I remember re playing the boss multiple times to get the Legendary birds. Yeah returning them to normal was a hassle but it was so fun. That and Pokemon Colosseum,

Seeing how the wilds unfold is actually pissing me off even more about the lacking pokedex. They could literally add new monsters to the wilds via online. You could have free dlc added every week or month with new things appearing...and that would be awesome. But we're just stuck with this locked dex...

Seeing how the wilds unfold is actually pissing me off even more about the lacking pokedex. They could literally add new monsters to the wilds via online. You could have free dlc added every week or month with new things appearing...and that would be awesome. But we're just stuck with this locked dex...

honestly this; and they could make it time based so if you haven't caught a certain pokemon in a certain time frame you cant until the next cycle comes around.

Im still waiting to see how long the hackers are going to need to add all the pokemon to the roster.

I'm still crossing my fingers that common sense prevails, and they do introduce some type of update eventually (even if it's a year from now). Hell...when they put out Pokemon Go, that was only Gen 1...and they've added plenty to that. So, maybe they just didn't want to announce anything yet. I'm grasping at those straws hard right now.

I went through battle tower and Leon beat my ass. Hell he even switched out which no one does for some stupid reason. And all the other teams were well thought out and everything. Why cant the main game be like that? Challenge shouldnt even be that much of an issue consider you have access to items and a free switch when you knock out an opponents Pokémon. Its also weird because main game and post game are essentially two separate games and the main game does nothing to prepare you for it. Even worse when you remember that theres an official competitive scene.

Want to keep playing Sword...but I'm definitely starting to grasp for things to do at 40 hours in. Still fleshing out my dex. But, yeah...I don't think there is any more "secret" side stuff to see or do. So...that's about it. Just filling the dex entries and using online to interact with other people in the wilds. Kinda getting stagnant now.

Question about shinies: do you actually see them in the field as shiny, or do you need to battle them to see if they are?

Want to keep playing Sword...but I'm definitely starting to grasp for things to do at 40 hours in. Still fleshing out my dex. But, yeah...I don't think there is any more "secret" side stuff to see or do. So...that's about it. Just filling the dex entries and using online to interact with other people in the wilds. Kinda getting stagnant now.

Question about shinies: do you actually see them in the field as shiny, or do you need to battle them to see if they are?

You have to battle them. They don't appear shiny in the overworld

It seriously bothers me that they intentionally made the fossils retarded this gen.

What are these abominations? Why would anyone want to use them? Like...they seriously went for a joke about evolutionary traits, natural selection and extinction instead of actually making Pokemon that anyone would want to use. I don't get it...

Archived