The Pokemon Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GoL is not wrong. People have been acting like the games are a broken mess since before they even released.

This seems to be a new tactic when people don't get something they want.

Honestly, even WWE 2k20 didn't deserve as much negativity as it got. While that game certainly is broken (undeniably so), much of the negativity came from people simply not getting what they personally wanted. And Pokemon is an even bigger case of this...as Pokemon is a good game from top to bottom. Really, there are things that people are entitled to complain about when it comes to Pokemon Sword and Shield. The dex situation being top among them. But, these are really good games as far as standalone titles go. If you weren't comparing them to other games in the franchise, you'd love to play these and would have an excellent time doing so. By no means are they "an embarrassment to the franchise" or any of the type of things that people are trying to paint them as. At the end of they day, they're B+ Pokemon games which could have been A+ Pokemon games if the Dex was full, and if there were a handful of other features.

You wanna see the worst of the idiot fanbase? Go to the games' page on gamefaqs. That place is a goddamn cesspool.

Does anyone know if the pre-order double pack dynamax fights (against Larvitar and Jangmo-o) are one time only fights or if they can be repeated?

Gamefaqs is full of retardation. So thats not really a surprise. As for me, Sword is about what I expected it to be; a 7. A solid Pokémon game with very notable flaws, especially in the story and world design. The story being weak sucks because they can do a lot better and did just last gen with vanilla SM.

I'm gonna try for my first Nuzlock run in HeartGold. I just hate how it feels so slow, I know I can make it where the battle animations are off and itll just attack.

What's a Nuzlock run?
It's a set of self imposed rules to a run designed ed to make the game more challenging and 2o courage use of mons you normally wouldn't.

The basics are your starter is determined by your trainer number, you can only catch the first mon you find on each route (barring species clause) and when a mon faints, it is dead and you have to release it.

I've started to play the games as a "Gym-Leader", by only allowing myself certain types of Pokemon.

Like... My whole team consisted of Ice types in my initial Gen 4 playthrough (+ an HM slave)

Also did a "Lazy"-Team with Slowpoke, Snorlax, Slaking, etc., with my ace being a "Relaxed" Conkeldurr

All sounds kind of absurd to me. But, who am I to judge?

I could see maybe doing some of these things in second or third plays just to stretch out longevity...but not first time.

No wonder why kids shit on games these days..."Must not have any fun whatsoever...stick to the guidelines". Christ.

I'm gonna try for my first Nuzlock run in HeartGold. I just hate how it feels so slow, I know I can make it where the battle animations are off and itll just attack.

What's a Nuzlock run?
It's a set of self imposed rules to a run designed ed to make the game more challenging and 2o courage use of mons you normally wouldn't.

The basics are your starter is determined by your trainer number, you can only catch the first mon you find on each route (barring species clause) and when a mon faints, it is dead and you have to release it.

that sounds depressing

Archived