The Pokemon Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched my brother play it for a few hours, doing two gyms and it was ridiculously easy and boring tbh. Was no storyline during any which is cus gen one has no story I guess.

LG is a glorified mobile game or at best at game from 1995 except worse

You know what's great? This is Junichi Masudas last game. The guy terrified of mobile gaming who made the games easier to compete with them and deleted all post game content cus "no one has time". Now he's gone Gen 8 might be lit.

LG to drop to 1/10 plz

What does LG do that I couldn't get better from FRLG? Copy pasted models from gen 6/7? Meh, already seen em. HGSS Kanto too.

Aggregate fan rating of 4.9 is a failure. It's gone up due to someone making a Reddit thread to bitch about the low score though so fans decided to flood it with 10s to "make up fir bad scores." That's just as bad as spamming bad scores tbh.

Anyway...moving on from pointless bitching and moaning to actually discuss the game:

At the 4 badge mark now. Something like 13 hours in. Doing the Silph Co building atm.

Zippy Zap and Floaty Fall are life. Pikachu with Rocket attire and sunglasses, taking out Rocket members is life. Game brings the world of Pokemon to life in a way that no other game has done before. That's the biggest takeaway I'm finding in my playthrough, is just enjoying all the small details that bridge the gap between past games and the anime. Find myself stopping and looking at the paintings on the walls, the blueprints for the master ball on a table in Silph Co, etc. Lots of little details that make it feel like a proper exploration game in addition to a linear story. I could definitely play through the original Red/Blue much faster than Let's Go...which makes little sense, since Let's Go is factually easier. But those details are making me slow things down and appreciate everything more.

You do seem to have the notion of "I like it, so that means no one else can dislike it"

If everyone else thinks it sucks, and you don't... it sucks.

like, if someone came and was saying the Great Khali is an amazing wrestler, you and others would come in and go "nah fam he sucks", and then theyre like "nah, he's amzaing. i like him" and then youd prob treat him as a mini austin/chzr

also... all the other games have details like that

It's harder to take your opinion seriously, Muur, when you criticize a game you haven't played, though it does make it easier when if you've seen it played. Playing the game itself is kinda different from watching it.

Anyway, I evolved THREE *censored*in Eevees in a row and got all Jolteons. *Censored* this quest, I'm pissed.

One complaint - I don't like the forced criteria for challenging the gyms. In a way, it kinda goes more in line with the show, and Ash was definitely told "you need to do this shit before fighting me", etc. But...yeah, it's pretty bothersome in the game. Went for my 5th badge just now, and was told that I need at least one Pokemon level 45 or higher. Yeah...that's pretty whack. So, I can't even try? Maybe I'm good enough to do it with lower levels...

Still a minor complaint. Nothing to make me throw the game down. But, yeah...some of these decisions leave me scratching my head.

The 6th gym makes it so you have to have registered 65 Pokemon in your Pokdex I think.

That's fine. I already have 60. Not even a remotely challenging objective.

Those poor speed runners.

I do think it'd be annoying for someone who doesnt catch many... but I guess in Lets Go that's not really relevant lol

What quest and you know I love the idea of master trainers I'm currently going through them in order of their Pokemon

Obvious but that quest where I need to evolve Eevee at night for Umbreon. I'm still on that shit.

Appanrtly, if youre doing co-op, the game kicks player two out for double battles lol. So the game is fine with 2v1, but 2v2 has to be only the player. weird that

https://old.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/9z3ial/my_one_major_gripe_with_the_co_op_for_lets_go/

Really it's not that hard half Eevee as your buddy walk it still gets to candy once he gets to candies evolve it at night and always be an Umbreon

I didn't know walking with the Eevee you want to evolve was a prerequisite.

Is the new Pokemon a system seller?

To some I guess? but if you don't have a Switch yet, dont get it for only this game. If Pokemon is all you want, wait until Nov 2019 or so for gen 8, this is a spin off game with terrible reviews etc

if you want a switch and want other games though? then it'd be fine to throw Let's Go in with them

Archived