The Pokemon Thread

Jmerc

Kyurem Black isn't that good. One Bullet or Mach Punch and it's wrecked. While at the same time being weak to Fairy. I only use one on my mono-ice team.

What do you even run on it? Ice moves are completely out of the question

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kyurem Black isn't that good. One Bullet or Mach Punch and it's wrecked. While at the same time being weak to Fairy. I only use one on my mono-ice team.

What do you even run on it? Ice moves are completely out of the question

I use a mixed set, along the lines Smogon suggests. Even with full investment in special and speed, it's physical is still really really good. So Fusion Bolt, Ice Beam, Iron Head and Focus Blast for moves

End game USUM spoilers

You know, fighting a level 60 754 Pokemon (Ultra Necrozma) (129 speed with a +1, with 167 Special Attack and Attack, with +1), with it starting with a +1 to all stats, when the previous main battle was at level 49 is a... bit much. All my dudes (at level 51) were one shot and I'm reading that even people at level 65-75 get one shot too, so damn GAMEFREAK went out out with the OPness of this game, first Totem Marowak and now this. I used a tip online to get the win without hurting it. Toxic. Now, they suggested to use a Mimikyu to absorb the blow - any level - due to the ablitiy - however, my Whimiscott has Prankster, so I taught it Toxic. I then let Whimsicott die. After that, I sent out Crobat - as a fake out - and then instantly switched to Inciroar. Since it thought it was fighting a Posion type, it wound up using its 160 base power Psychic move on my Inciniroar. I then switched out and let one of my other Pokemon die, then switched into Crobat. Rinse repeat twice and Necromza was dead by poison. Good times.

is ash in this game or not?

Ash doesn't appear physically himself but you can get his Pikachu, his Greninja and there's a picture of him at the ghost trial

The Rainbow Rocket storyline is probably the best thing they've ever come up with tbh. It was good shit.

Although Mega Mewtwo is OP as *Censored* and I had to Toxic/Revive spam. I don't use them in battle but I think it's a fair game when he's using a Mega Legendary with a 780 base stat.

I got a totally undeserved win against a friend. It came down to a 2 v 1. I had chansey and landorus. He had a gliscor. He kills the chansey and I send in lando. I hit smack down and he roosts. I hit a Crit eq and he lives on one. He sets up a swords dance and healso thanks to poison heal. I eq again for the ko. If I didn't Crit he would of bodied me.

I got a totally undeserved win against a friend. It came down to a 2 v 1. I had chansey and landorus. He had a gliscor. He kills the chansey and I send in lando. I hit smack down and he roosts. I hit a Crit eq and he lives on one. He sets up a swords dance and healso thanks to poison heal. I eq again for the ko. If I didn't Crit he would of bodied me.

252+ Atk Soft Sand Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 244 HP / 8 Def Gliscor: 192-226 (54.5 - 64.2%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal

You were probably going to win anyway based on the suggested sets.

252+ Atk Soft Sand Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 244 HP / 8 Def Gliscor: 192-226 (54.5 - 64.2%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal

My lando is jolly flyinium z. I'm not sure what his gliscor was.

My lando is jolly flyinium z. I'm not sure what his gliscor was.

Prob wouldnt have killed it then.

See i would remove all crits other than ones fro "boosted crit moves" etc.

that would be dumb though and they wouldn't remove it.

Anyways, had some really good battles in monotypes. Was with my electric monotype team and was up against a ghost team with a rather tanky Trevenant that happened to be able to wall a good amount of my pokes and he would switch out whenever I could get a pokemon with fire moves in play. Once is only piviot went down, the rest of his team followed suit. Came down bewteen my Mega Manectric and Tapu Koko and his Gengar, which luckily wasn't scarfed cause my Ectric was worn down a lot prior.

Volt Switch is awesome too.

considering crits ignore stat changes, yes it would. Otherwise stall teams would be all over the place.

That's why you'd use moves like Focus Energy, Slash, Leaf Blade, Frost Breath etc, hold a King's Rock etc. I'd remove crits that aren't intentionally tried for.

Indeed. It rewards luck and not skill. The same reason Smogon bans OHKO and evasion moves.

By that logic, get rid of moves like Thunder, Blizzard, Hydro Pump, Fire Blast, Will-O-Wisp, or anything don't have 100% accuracy. As well as a chance of para, freeze and burn from moves that can inflict those.

And boosted crit moves are also part of luck too, yet you don't mind keeping those?

OHKO and evasion moves are banned because they are cheap, crits are not.

Luck has always been a part of pokemon lol. Your perfect set up got ruined because of a crit or a freeze from a ice beam? tough luck

Accuracy / Power is a trade off you can make beforehand. I wouldn't mind if they keep lower power moves with a high crit chance so that sort of trade off can also be made. It also makes sense to intentionally make a mechanic that breaks through stat changes, so moves like Frost Breath are fine, too. I don't mind RNG if it's part of a trade off you have to make, where the enemy also is aware that there is that sort of gamble. Like, if you see your opponent runs Thunder, for example, you know "Hey, this might KO me where tbolt wouldn't, but it might also miss whereas tbolt would always hit."

But randomly having EQ or Flamethrower or whatever crit is just dumb. Imagine World's finals are instantly decided by a first turn crit lmao. I don't expect them to remove it, and I'm also okay with it being there, but it's far from "dumb" to criticize it or preferring it'd be gone just because it's been there since the start lmfao. This isn't the republican voting booth :shifty:

Yeah but if you use Thunder or Blizzard etc intentionally online, then you're a bit of a noob if you don't plan enough it with Rain Dance or something. That's the choice though, risk accuracy. Being randomly crit for no reason isn't.

Accuracy / Power is a trade off you can make beforehand. I wouldn't mind if they keep lower power moves with a high crit chance so that sort of trade off can also be made. It also makes sense to intentionally make a mechanic that breaks through stat changes, so moves like Frost Breath are fine, too. I don't mind RNG if it's part of a trade off you have to make, where the enemy also is aware that there is that sort of gamble. Like, if you see your opponent runs Thunder, for example, you know "Hey, this might KO me where tbolt wouldn't, but it might also miss whereas tbolt would always hit."

But randomly having EQ or Flamethrower or whatever crit is just dumb. Imagine World's finals are instantly decided by a first turn crit lmao. I don't expect them to remove it, and I'm also okay with it being there, but it's far from "dumb" to criticize it or preferring it'd be gone just because it's been there since the start lmfao. This isn't the republican voting booth :shifty:

It's more of a "it's not broken I don't see a need to remove it" than that lol

Yeah but if you use Thunder or Blizzard etc intentionally online, then you're a bit of a noob if you don't plan enough it with Rain Dance or something. That's the choice though, risk accuracy. Being randomly crit for no reason isn't.

And?

So should we get rid of chance to burn/para/freeze from moves like Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Thunder Bolt too?

Get rid of Iron Head and Dark Pulse because they have a chance of flinching?

Movie 21 trailer

They're going with the non canon Ash again? weird. Why they're not doing movies with the current cast is odd... I mean the 20th anniversary was a good excuse but the 21st has little reason

Archived