I know this would be unlikely to implement for future games...(tag teams)

But something that would really come in handy is an in-depth tag team entrance editor. In Universe, I often find myself making new teams that don't have entrances that really fit them in the game. What would be really cool to see in future games is a tag team entrance creator based on taunts and timing. Let me explain.

You'd have the 5 usual entrance slots (intro, stage, ramp, ring in and ring). For the intro lets just say you select one as you would in a regular entrance. You also get to select the type of walk you want your team to have. Slow/fast, and then options like cocky, excited, slow/methodical, stuff like that. When the tag team reaches the center of the stage, you would then have the option to select a taunt, like from the actual taunt list. There could also be a "wait" option for one of the wrestlers, where one taunts and the other could have a default animation of "focused, annoyed, etc" depending on what kind of team you're running.

So for example, you could have one wrestler drop to his knees and do Bray Wyatt's "Follow the Buzzards" taunt, and have the second stand behind or next to him doing Chris Jericho's crucifix pose.

Walking down the ramp, let's say you get between 1 and three chances for some sort of arm gesture or hand taunt, while walking, or again some default options like "showing off, racing to the ring, etc"

Ring in you get to select how you want either member to enter the ring. Climb stairs, slide under ropes, hop over ropes, or the option to have one wrestler climb the turnbuckle, while the other stands in front of him and then again an option to pick a taunt.

And then in the Ring, you can again select options like "Climb corner, climb side ropes, lean against ropes, team huddle, etc" and select certain taunts depending on which option you choose.

It sounds unlikely, but they did something similar to this for singles entrances in one of the old Wii versions of the game (I wanna say SvR 2009?) so it wouldn't be impossible. Choosing the various walk styles would allow you to keep both wrestlers in sync as far as timing goes, so you wouldn't have one wrestler nearing the end of the ramp as one wrestler just finishes up their stage animation. It wouldn't be nearly as smooth as regular entrances are, but it'd give us a lot of control.

Anyway, long post, but what do you all think? Would this ever be doable, and would you be interested in seeing something like this?

Archived