Official WWE Great Balls of Fire Discussion Thread

Jmerc

I really don't get all the hate people are saying here in the forums regarding the match of heath and hawkins. They were just used to remove the attention of the audience from what's happening backstage and the WWE are clearly transitioning it's tape incident to a live feed. If axel or bo were not the miztourage they would definitely use any of the two. They just don't want people looking at a blank feed while they are "fixing or planting" braun back into the damaged ambulance. And if you are to pick any 2 wrestlers to fill in the "time" who would you choose? Clearly you would be stuck with the same decision. Hell I won't be able to put the cruiserweights since they need to put the sh*tty purple ropes and printed mat.

I for one like heath but for the love of God just let it slide and be happy that the wwe was able to deliver a solid ppv for raw.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She was. Basically bashed Alexa over some high school shit and replied to every question with the same answer using different words, you'd forget there's a feud over a championship going on going through all the OMG SHE FAKE I'M THE REALEST-shit like I'm watching a random episode of Bad Girls or Total Divas or any other E! Network-show.

'Ehr mah gehrd she's lying when she's saying she was a WWE fan since she was a lil girl, she can't even tell the hardy boyz apart lmao'. That's even unprofessional, imo, as Alexa's character never claimed she liked wrestling as a kid, the contrary, actually.

That was clearly not directed at the Alexa character.

Great Balls Of Fire is such a dumb name for a PPV, but it was a decent show all around.

Highs: Enzo's promo and selling, Ironman match for the tag team title belts.

Extreme Highs: Ambulance match, Brock's and Joe's best match in a while.

Lows: Big Cass as a whole, Alexa Bliss vs Sasha Banks

Extreme Lows: Miz vs Dean Ambrose, Slater vs Hawkins (pointless), Michael Cole's horrendous commentary.

Great Balls Of Fire is such a dumb name for a PPV, but it was a decent show all around.

Highs: Enzo's promo and selling, Ironman match for the tag team title belts.

Extreme Highs: Ambulance match, Brock's and Joe's best match in a while.

Lows: Big Cass as a whole, Alexa Bliss vs Sasha Banks

Extreme Lows: Miz vs Dean Ambrose, Slater vs Hawkins (pointless), Michael Cole's horrendous commentary.

Just catching on with that are ya?

Also no, Hawkins vs. Slater wasn't pointless and if you think it is then you haven't really thought it through. They wanted to extend the crash segment, but the crowd having to sit and watch will cause them to boo, so give them a little something in the ring to tide them over. It's just an appetiser for the live crowd.

It's smart.

Yeah I'm not getting how people didn't understand the purpose of Slater vs Hawkins. It served two purposes, as Creep said it was for the crowd to have something to watch but it also played into the story that Braun/Roman really *censored*ed up the show and the officials had to throw a match together real quick to try and get back on track. The guys weren't even fully in gear, a great touch to the story.

Very stupid to put Hawkins VS Slater in Extreme Lows because of it being pointless when in reality, that match served it's purpose entirely. There's some really stupid posts in this thread and this one is far from the worst so at least there's that.

One thing that legit surprised me is that the Ironman match got a bad response on here. I'm sick and tired of Hardy's VS The Bar but that was an excellent match. I made the decision to put my phone in the charger and actually pay attention but I didn't end up regretting it.

I skipped Miz/Ambrose or Sasha/Bliss but loved everything I saw. Braun/Reigns may just be my favourite feud in years.

Archived