Official WWE Great Balls of Fire Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was definitely intentional. There's no way it wasn't.

Any time you see two balls like that...of the same size, and in that proximity, you're going to think of a pair of testicles. If they weren't trying to be cheeky bastards, then they could have arranged fireballs in any sort of manner that wasn't a blatant ballbag. They also could have had three fireballs...the fireballs could have been swirling, or arching, or falling down...the fireballs could have been different sizes...it's no coincidence. :lol:

I will actually be very surprised if that logo makes it all the way to the show without being changed. I dont want it to be changed lol

I don't think it's actually the show logo...it's like...a promotional logo or something. For posters and whatnot. I think the actual show logo is the one that we see on the matchup screens.

Jerry Lawler spoke about the upcoming “Great Balls of Fire” pay-per-view on his podcast this week. Lawler stated that there were almost some issues from the side of Jerry Lee Lewis over the name of the show. Lawler was contacted by his attorney Joe Barton, who also represents Lewis to inquire about who to speak with at WWE over the name of this event because Lewis has the term “Great Balls of Fire” trademarked. It resulted in a resolution with the WWE not only getting use of the term for the pay-per-view but are now using the famous song as the theme for the event.

- Regarding Samoa Joe vs. WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar, their upcoming title match is scheduled to be a one-time thing. Joe vs. Lesnar is set to headline the WWE Great Balls of Fire pay-per-view on July 9th. The two will face off for the first time on Monday's RAW from the Cajundome in Lafayette, LA.

The Observer notes that Lesnar is then scheduled to face Braun Strowman at SummerSlam in August. WWE officials are still planning on Roman Reigns vs. Lesnar for the title at WrestleMania 34 but there are plans to do Finn Balor vs. Lesnar and Seth Rollins vs. Lesnar matches between Braun and Reigns.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0608/626942/backstage-news-on-plans-for-brock-lesnar-wwe-universal-title/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I don't see how anybody could defend that booking.

Well...

I like the sound of all those matches and I think Lesnar is cool.

So do I.

I'm talking about the obvious already spoiled on the internet outcome of Reigns dethroning him in the main event of WM. Yes, they're capable of a good match but I don't see how it benefits Reigns.

And I want earlier title reigns for guys like Braun or even Joe.

Well...

So do I.

I'm talking about the obvious already spoiled on the internet outcome of Reigns dethroning him in the main event of WM. Yes, they're capable of a good match but I don't see how it benefits Reigns.

That's great and all, but I still wanna see those matches. I'm a fan, I wanna see all of them tear it up with Lesnar. I'm also not really bothered about the outcomes all that much.

Well...

So do I.

That's great and all, but I still wanna see those matches. I'm a fan, I wanna see all of them tear it up with Lesnar. I'm also not really bothered about the outcomes all that much.

Wait. So we aren't really disagreeing with anything other than you not caring about the predicable outcome? I ain't debating whether you should or not lol.

Well...

So do I.

Wait. So we aren't really disagreeing with anything other than you not caring about the predicable outcome? I ain't debating whether you should or not lol.

Well that's how I'm defending them. I want to see them happen, that's all there is too it.

They need to pull the trigger and have Joe take the title off Brock. It's their best bet tbh. He's also extremely believable compared to Finn or anyone else on Raw too. Since they like to spin this whole Brock "legitimacy" thing.

So none of it matters what happens on RAW till Wrestlemania, because all of it is filler till they try for the 1000th time get Roman over as the guy. This *censored*ing company i swear.

STn1m3b.jpg If you're so miserable with the content why support it? Lol

Archived