Official WWE Great Balls of Fire Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they have actual balls of fire on the stage, ramp, or somewhere. Imagine it getting bigger every so often and then shrinking back to its original size. Would actually be a perfect name if there were Inferno matches.

I'm excited for Joe vs. Brock, in hopes that there's no stomping going on and an actual match/fight.

It isn't fair to assume that the product would be any better if Brock isn't Universal champion... At the end of the day, it always comes down to the writing of the show itself. With Brock as champion, at-least they're able to properly create hype around him and make him seem like a big deal, it's one of their capabilities, it seems.

My only hope is that the match with Joe would last for around 10 minutes at-least.

I'm not against Brock or the idea of having him as a champion, however, I'm against the idea of him being champion while being completely absent from the show for weeks.. Kind of contradicts the point.

It isn't fair to assume that the product would be any better if Brock isn't Universal champion... At the end of the day, it always comes down to the writing of the show itself. With Brock as champion, at-least they're able to properly create hype around him and make him seem like a big deal, it's one of their capabilities, it seems.

My only hope is that the match with Joe would last for around 10 minutes at-least.

That's exactly why I love Brock as champion. For one, he's the guy that everyone is aiming to beat. He just has that aura (as well as obvious credibility) that a champion needs. I love how 5 of the best on Raw had to compete with each other for a shot at the champion. It makes the title important. When he does show up it's exciting. The crowd doesn't give a sh*t about the part-timer complaints in that moment because they're too excited to care. When he does retire he'll be missed- I don't think he's given enough credit as to how valuable he is to the product.

I know Joes gunna lose but Brock better just barely beat him. And he better not break the damn clutch if Joe gets him on the ground. That move should be an instant KO for anybody.

Escaping a choke like that is not impossible...it's been done before. It usually just depends on how strong you are physically, and how easily the other person gasses out. In a real fight, Brock would have no problem escaping Joe's clutch, IMO...because Joe is not an MMA fighter. I have my doubts that he would ever have it locked in with full conviction, or that his arms would last long enough to choke out a strong guy like Lesnar. Brock would probably reach behind and secure the wrist, and shove right out of it.

For what it's worth, Lesnar beat Mark Hunt (well, initially)..and Mark Hunt is a scarier Samoan than Samoa Joe.

But...kayfabe? Yeah...I absolutely want Joe to choke out Lesnar...or get him in some obscure submission that makes him reluctantly tap. I really think that "fell into Joe's trap" kind of loss would suit Lesnar extremely well in this fight. It would protect him more than getting choked out would...and it would be a proper win for Joe. I wouldn't mind the finish going the way of a knee bar or a heel hook...or any basic submission hold like that. Something that Brock just walks into, and can't get out of...but an F-5 where Joe falls straight onto Brock's back and chokes him out would be sweet too...

I know Joes gunna lose but Brock better just barely beat him. And he better not break the damn clutch if Joe gets him on the ground. That move should be an instant KO for anybody.

It isn't in real life bud.

Edit: Just noticed people already explained that to to you lol.

Someone on reddit posted a gif of someone doing a choke similar to Joe's and because he had his feet crossed (like Joe does) the person receiving the choke turned it into a sort of ankle hold with their legs and he tapped out immediately.

Yeah, I think they just do what looks cooler on television. Feet crossed is dangerous af to the person putting on the choke. Shane's Triangle Chokes at Mania were way off. But it makes sense why they do things the way they do...

Whenever Joe gets busted open in a match, he becomes legit scary as *Censored* - his eyes start rolling in the back of his head, his nose flares and he starts shaking like a goddamn maniac. I love it.

Since it seems like Joe isn't using the Muscle Buster anymore or at least not often, I'm hoping he'll bust out the the Island Driver instead of solely relying on the Coquina Clutch. Then again, he's done an excellent job at making that move seem impossible for anyone to get out of when he applies it. The thought of Joe making Lesnar drool from the mouth and pass out sounds epic.

Archived