Why'd you stop playing 2k17?

Bushy.

Hey guys, an idea for this thread just popped up in my

Head randomly. Why'd you decide to stop playing 2k17?

Among many reasons for me could be time & priorities, but honestly it has to boil down to logo slots. After major PPV's we have great CAW makers creating attires from the night before. But after every month, who can keep up? Constantly having to delete CAWs and logos to make room just kinda soured me on the whole game. If only we had a larger cap space for logos or they were just a lot efficient to delete. Being able to just fire up the game after a weeks break and downloading GV's latest attire without having to delete a bunch of old stuff would be awesome.

I don't know..your reasons?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't, personally. Can understand your reason perfectly well though, especially when the majority of logos are something you worked hard on.

I haven't...I still play it. But I have stopped putting a considerable amount of time into it now that I can't download anymore logos. 2K18 had damned well better allow you to just save as many logos as your hard drive can allow...

i just separate everything. my nxt and current rosters are on 2 separate profiles because of that reason LOL

I haven't...I still play it. But I have stopped putting a considerable amount of time into it now that I can't download anymore logos. 2K18 had damned well better allow you to just save as many logos as your hard drive can allow...

i just separate everything. my nxt and current rosters are on 2 separate profiles because of that reason LOL

I don't play Universe mode...I just like to have dream matches between past, present, and indy talents...so, that type of solution doesn't work for me.

I don't play Universe mode...I just like to have dream matches between past, present, and indy talents...so, that type of solution doesn't work for me.

totally understand my man. all good.

yeah that logo thing is annoying and i agree with you

I simply just lost interest in it. It's not because I think it's a poor game or anything like that, I actually really enjoyed it, it's just my interest in the game dropped completely. Seems like this happens for me with every WWE game. May not happen around the same time frame with each game but sooner or later I begin to lose interest. Then the next game is announced and the cycle begins anew.

I simply just lost interest in it. It's not because I think it's a poor game or anything like that, I actually really enjoyed it, it's just my interest in the game dropped completely. Seems like this happens for me with every WWE game. May not happen around the same time frame with each game but sooner or later I begin to lose interest. Then the next game is announced and the cycle begins anew.

yeah i've played 2k16 thru till 17 came out but i can relate. sometimes i just lose the will to play and then it eventually comes around

I haven't stopped. I've been having better matches now than I have when I first got the game, due to trying to play it more sim style. I enjoy it every time I pop the game in and start playing. Just had two barn burner matches with Chris Hero vs Aleister Black and Shinsuke Nakamura vs Brock Lesnar

I haven't stopped. I've been having better matches now than I have when I first got the game, due to trying to play it more sim style. I enjoy it every time I pop the game in and start playing. Just had two barn burner matches with Chris Hero vs Aleister Black and Shinsuke Nakamura vs Brock Lesnar

yeah i think the majority of my great matches comes from my WCW Universe

but i've had some real great ones involving Ambrose and Styles.

I understand that. I feel like I never have bad matches when Styles is involved

I just deleted the game from my PS4 a few days ago.

Main reason was I simply got bored. I really wanted to enjoy Universe mode, I'd plan out feuds and PPVs months in advance, do my own draft, repackage a few guys new gimmicks, make the custom arenas for the PPV's and shows, but then I'd always realise that planning out the feuds was more fun than actually playing them on the game. Universe mode just became the same matches over and over. It doesn't feel like you're playing out actual storylines, you're jutlst playing plain old matches over and over and over and over.

Imagination can only keep it fun for so long....

For this reason I've already decided that if 2K18 doesn't have the old Create-a-story mode back in, or at least some kind of variant of it in Universe mode, I'm not buying the game.

If 2K18 had Create-a-story, along with all the other current customisation modes for superstar attires and arenas etc, 2K18 can be the greatest wrestling game of all time. Without it, it's not even worth the money.

I understand that. I feel like I never have bad matches when Styles is involved

yeah and ever since that patch ruined the finisher commentary i've been adding the finisher commentary into my videos. i just wish i had the commentary for the forearm lol

Got fed up of some of the annoying issues with the game, including CC not working correctly. Plus, replay value for me hasn't been great since 2K14, that was the last game I played right up til I traded it in against 2K15.

Got fed up of some of the annoying issues with the game, including CC not working correctly. Plus, replay value for me hasn't been great since 2K14, that was the last game I played right up til I traded it in against 2K15.

don't remind me of that lol i traded in my 360 and all my games cause i thought 2k15 on ps4 was gonna be so great LOL i was playing 2k14 2 months later

Wouldn't say that I've completely stopped playing 2K17, it's just that I don't play it as often as I did right around the time it originally launched. One of these days, I WILL get back to Universe mode... after all of the work that I put into setting all of that up, it would be such a shame not to play the sh*t out of that mode.

- 'My Career' took a bit of wind out of my sails with general repetitiveness

- Certain features within Community Creations just never seem to work

- Other games get launched

Wouldn't say that I've completely stopped playing 2K17, it's just that I don't play it as often as I did right around the time it originally launched. One of these days, I WILL get back to Universe mode... after all of the work that I put into setting all of that up, it would be such a shame not to play the sh*t out of that mode.

lol i can say i was guilty of that from wwe13 - 2k14. i would go (in the case of wwe12 and 13) download and make trons, import them in the game on 360, set all the themes, do the moves stats etc. and by the time i got done with all that i lost interest.

now i learned that the best way to do that is while you're waiting on your download slots to reset, just go in and edit what you have so it's not overwhelming.

but yeah i think i figured out CC. like say you wanted to search for Stevie_Ray. or you type in Ray for stevie ray, well it seems that the search engine is trying to pronounce search what you typed in.

so in the case of "Ray," it pulls up 5 million rey mysterios lol

so yeah they need to work on that.

I always say I'm gonna get back to Universe because I've spent days up days upon days setting it up and I never do :laugh:

Stopped playing it a month ago due to my save file corrupted twice plus the game is to repetitive I started playing GTA 5 only to get the trophies and 100% checklist. Hopefully 2k18 is different but I'll keep my fingers crossed as always.

Stopped playing it a month ago due to my save file corrupted twice plus the game is to repetitive I started playing GTA 5 only to get the trophies and 100% checklist. Hopefully 2k18 is different but I'll keep my fingers crossed as always.

that's what i need to do but everytime i go to play GTA V i get drawn into the story.

you said your save corrupted. did you copy a backup to a flash drive? i advise this in any game to be honest

that's what i need to do but everytime i go to play GTA V i get drawn into the story.

you said your save corrupted. did you copy a backup to a flash drive? i advise this in any game to be honest

Yeah I did but I can't retrieve it. So I stopped playing it. I almost got a 100% checklist and nearly all of the trophies.

Yeah I did but I can't retrieve it. So I stopped playing it. I almost got a 100% checklist and nearly all of the trophies.

oh sorry to hear that.

yeah i don't play gta online so aside from that i think i almost got everything.

the blitz play mission is the one i always have a problem with because i can never spot those snipers right away.

Archived