2K18 announced for the fall

I think it safe to assume undertaker the cover 2k release taker trailer

that was fan made. JESUS CHRIST

Not sure how I would feel if then we got an Undertaker showcase.

why. please don't tell me you're one of those people that are hopeful for an nxt showcase. i'm sorry but there's nothing appealing enough to make me want an nxt or current showcase. there's no reward to it and it wouldn't give us a single unlockable that otherwise would or should be already available from start

But it also could be a forshadow with wwe biggest star retiring it safe to say he will be

Plus it could mean preorder mask taker

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres no denying that 2k17 was horrifically buggy and that yukes shouldve been ashamed and 2K will need to crack down hard on them for 2k18. That said, for me at least, the good for outweighed the bad.

Sadly, it's the same story every single year ever since they released the PS3/360 games onwards. Ever since the leap from PS2, i've felt all of the games have suffered from being bug ridden. That's not to say they're no good, but it stuns me how badly they deal with this. I know they're rushed every year, but surely they could have a small group of deals sign an NDA and do some testing?
If VC were doing all the coding for the game then this would be absolutely the way to go, however i think at the moment there are various factors in the way. The first being Yukes who cant seem to program their way out of a paper bag anymore, meaning if 2K did have an NDAd group bug test it, Yukes would likely get very little fixed before launch and judging by 2k 17s patches, may make the majority worse.

Theres also the question of how the NDAd fans are compensated. I dont know what 2Ks annu budget for the game is so who knows if theyd be willing to pay the testers. They could always give the testers the game as payment but the problem there is that would attract the wrong kind of people to test it. Lets be honest, the majority of the fanbase isnt exactly what id call mature, never mind that theyd likely insist on hiring from the 2k forums, and thatd be a disaster.

Its quite the problem, to be sure.

why. please don't tell me you're one of those people that are hopeful for an nxt showcase. i'm sorry but there's nothing appealing enough to make me want an nxt or current showcase. there's no reward to it and it wouldn't give us a single unlockable that otherwise would or should be already available from start

No I'm not really. I love NXT and I do want a lot of the roster in for 2K18 but I don't really want showcase just yet of it. Undertaker is one of my favorites but even then I don't really wanna play through a long showcase like his or play through his earlier matches a lot of them weren't all that great or good.

Theres no denying that 2k17 was horrifically buggy and that yukes shouldve been ashamed and 2K will need to crack down hard on them for 2k18. That said, for me at least, the good for outweighed the bad.

Sadly, it's the same story every single year ever since they released the PS3/360 games onwards. Ever since the leap from PS2, i've felt all of the games have suffered from being bug ridden. That's not to say they're no good, but it stuns me how badly they deal with this. I know they're rushed every year, but surely they could have a small group of deals sign an NDA and do some testing?
If VC were doing all the coding for the game then this would be absolutely the way to go, however i think at the moment there are various factors in the way. The first being Yukes who cant seem to program their way out of a paper bag anymore, meaning if 2K did have an NDAd group bug test it, Yukes would likely get very little fixed before launch and judging by 2k 17s patches, may make the majority worse.

Theres also the question of how the NDAd fans are compensated. I dont know what 2Ks annu budget for the game is so who knows if theyd be willing to pay the testers. They could always give the testers the game as payment but the problem there is that would attract the wrong kind of people to test it. Lets be honest, the majority of the fanbase isnt exactly what id call mature, never mind that theyd likely insist on hiring from the 2k forums, and thatd be a disaster.

yeah my problem is that if VC did everything, we'd have to start over again. it might end up being 2k15 in terms of gameplay and modes all over again

yeah the problem with 2k is they want to rely on youtubers whereas during the THQ days, we had the community leaders (i was one) that went to E3, Summerslam, and playtests (some weren't even announced) to discuss the gameplay, what could be improved and what bugs needed to be addressed.

whereas if someone like that tonypizzaguy were in that position his attitude would just be "it's not my job to find bugs and glitches" yet he was the main one that posted like 15 videos and tweeted to 2k about the face logo glitch, the royal rumble in any arena glitch, and other things that made 2k16 a great game.

so yeah we have to contend with him, tubby, delzinski, denker etc people that don't even play single player longer than probably a month. giving insight on this series

No I'm not really. I love NXT and I do want a lot of the roster in for 2K18 but I don't really want showcase just yet of it. Undertaker is one of my favorites but even then I don't really wanna play through a long showcase like his or play through his earlier matches a lot of them weren't all that great or good.

you don't have to play through it. that's the point of unlock all.

and i do like nxt, way more than the current roster but you know you have people over on the 2k forums that are going overboard. they're asking for people that haven't even debuted on tv yet to be included in a game. and even going so far as to ask for a showcase that includes nxt rollins or axel under mcguillicuty so yeah none of that would get us any decent unlockables. it stands to reason that the reason we got so much bonus content in 2k16 was because of the showcases.

yeah my problem is that if VC did everything, we'd have to start over again. it might end up being 2k15 in terms of gameplay and modes all over again

yeah the problem with 2k is they want to rely on youtubers whereas during the THQ days, we had the community leaders (i was one) that went to E3, Summerslam, and playtests (some weren't even announced) to discuss the gameplay, what could be improved and what bugs needed to be addressed.

whereas if someone like that tonypizzaguy were in that position his attitude would just be "it's not my job to find bugs and glitches" yet he was the main one that posted like 15 videos and tweeted to 2k about the face logo glitch, the royal rumble in any arena glitch, and other things that made 2k16 a great game.

so yeah we have to contend with him, tubby, delzinski, denker etc people that don't even play single player longer than probably a month. giving insight on this series

and i do like nxt, way more than the current roster but you know you have people over on the 2k forums that are going overboard. they're asking for people that haven't even debuted on tv yet to be included in a game. and even going so far as to ask for a showcase that includes nxt rollins or axel under mcguillicuty so yeah none of that would get us any decent unlockables. it stands to reason that the reason we got so much bonus content in 2k16 was because of the showcases.

I don't normally use the unlock all accelerator as I feel it's like somewhat cheating even tho it isn't, even tho I am one of the people at 2K forums, I agree with you an nxt showcase at this point would be underwhelming in terms of content and unlockables plus since nxt is still going where would it end or start? since you have the other nxt before it became what it is now. A lot of the bonus content we got was because of showcase however I feel there are pros and cons to showcase mode as a whole.

I don't normally use the unlock all accelerator as I feel it's like somewhat cheating even tho it isn't, even tho I am one of the people at 2K forums, I agree with you an nxt showcase at this point would be underwhelming in terms of content and unlockables plus since nxt is still going where would it end or start? since you have the other nxt before it became what it is now. A lot of the bonus content we got was because of showcase however I feel there are pros and cons to showcase mode as a whole.

yeah man i have nothing against not wanting an undertaker showcase cause it would be very lengthy. i just want undertaker getting the attention he deserves in terms of his entrance. that ministry entrance should not have been the only entrance for retro taker in 2k16/17. he only used that entrance once. same for the big show from 99. he only walked to the ring like that once at armageddon. which i can understand.

but yeah that's where i stand on it. as for as the unlockables i understand that. the only reason i use it is cause they started that price thing which is beyond ridiculous lol

yeah man i have nothing against not wanting an undertaker showcase cause it would be very lengthy. i just want undertaker getting the attention he deserves in terms of his entrance. that ministry entrance should not have been the only entrance for retro taker in 2k16/17. he only used that entrance once. same for the big show from 99. he only walked to the ring like that once at armageddon. which i can understand.

but yeah that's where i stand on it. as for as the unlockables i understand that. the only reason i use it is cause they started that price thing which is beyond ridiculous lol

I do feel more attention does need to made to entrances both current and legends as well as lighting and audio as well, question tho are there any other showcases you would to see? I for one would love a Shawn Michaels one or a Chris Jericho one as well.

I do feel more attention does need to made to entrances both current and legends as well as lighting and audio as well, question tho are there any other showcases you would to see? I for one would love a Shawn Michaels one or a Chris Jericho one as well.

if they did jericho they had better start in wcw lol

i know they prob wouldn't be ablel to get the one crazed anarchist 98 theme but still i'd love to have jericho from his 96-97 run and his 98-99 run and his wwf runs. problem though is he had a runin with benoit and we all know he's outlawed. guess they can skip over the fall brawl 96 match though.

i know they prob wouldn't be ablel to get the one crazed anarchist 98 theme but still i'd love to have jericho from his 96-97 run and his 98-99 run and his wwf runs. problem though is he had a runin with benoit and we all know he's outlawed. guess they can skip over the fall brawl 96 match though.

Maybe they could have some of some of his WCW matches as bonus matches similar to what Austin had in his showcase for 2K16, it's a shame them having to skip or gloss over Benoit and not having of his classic matches cause he quite a few of them with a lot of guys.

Maybe they could have some of some of his WCW matches as bonus matches similar to what Austin had in his showcase for 2K16, it's a shame them having to skip or gloss over Benoit and not having of his classic matches cause he quite a few of them with a lot of guys.

yeah i know that fall brawl match i mentioned pretty much brought jericho into the llimelight of wcw. he may have lost the match but he came dangerously close to winning

Archived