UK Terrorist Attacks

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never said this before, but I hope the guy that did this gets the death penalty. Nobody that bombs a concert killing 22 innocent people for no reason but for the *Censored* of it doesn't deserve to live.

1) They don't have the death penalty in the UK.

2) He died in the explosion.

I've never said this before, but I hope the guy that did this gets the death penalty. Nobody that bombs a concert killing 22 innocent people for no reason but for the *Censored* of it doesn't deserve to live.

Do you think many suicide bombers survive? :lol:

And yeah, no death penalty over here anyway.

Authorities in Manchester, England, are investigating a network that may have played a role in the deadly attack at Manchester Arena on Monday night.
"This is clearly a network that we are investigating, and extensive activity is taking place across Greater Manchester as we speak," Chief Constable Ian Hopkins of the Greater Manchester Police said today.
Five arrests have been made in connection to the attack at the Ariana Grande concert. Twenty-two people, including a police officer, were killed.
The Greater Manchester Police said a fifth person was arrested in Wigan, located about 25 miles west of Manchester.
"When arrested, the man was carrying a package which we are currently assessing," the police department tweeted. "A police cordon remains in place while this is carried out."
On Tuesday, U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May raised the country's threat level to critical — the highest of the United Kingdom's five threat levels — indicating that another attack may be imminent.
Investigators on Tuesday identified 22-year-old Salman Abedi as the suspected suicide bomber. He died at the scene.
ISIS has claimed responsibility for the bombing.
Officials said that 119 people went to hospitals after the bombing, 64 of them are being treated and 20 of those are in critical condition.
Saffie-Rose Roussos, 8, is the youngest known person who died from the attack. She was separated from her mother and sister, who were among the wounded, police said.
The mother of 15-year-old Olivia Campbell confirmed on Facebook that her daughter was among those killed.
Runshaw College in Lancashire confirmed on its Facebook page that 18-year-old student Georgina Bethany Callander died from the attack.
Lisa Lees, a 43-year-old mother and grandmother, was confirmed to be among the dead by her daughter, Lauren Ashleigh Lees.
"My mum was an amazing lady and wife," her daughter said in a statement. "We will pull together as a family and help each other through the darkness."
May said Tuesday, "We struggle to comprehend the warped and twisted mind that sees a room packed with young children not as a scene to cherish but as an opportunity for carnage."
Witness Joseph Harries told ABC News' "Good Morning America" that "people were just trying to get out of the arena as fast as they possibly could after the blast. I was directly in front of the stage at the heart of the arena. I had exactly the same distance to get out of any of the doors."
"I had my best friend with me, and I grabbed hold of her wrist and told her never let go of me," he said. "We just ran. We jumped over chairs, railings to get out of the doors. We had to force open doors that wouldn't open because people were trying to get to — the entire capacity of the 20,000-person arena were trying to get out of one exit."
"It felt like an eternity," Harries said, but it "couldn't have been more than two, three minutes from in our seats to outside of the arena."
On Wednesday the Metropolitan Police Service in London said that the public should expect to "see more armed officers" patrolling the streets in response to the elevated terrorist threat levels.
"The reality is that we must be prepared to be able to respond to and deal with armed and deadly attackers, so we must be in a position to respond with firearms officers who will use force to stop those attackers in their aim," Metropolitan Police Service Commander Jane Connors said in a statement. "That is why is we have increased the number of firearms who are on duty, both out walking and in roaming patrols, at fixed points and carrying out a range of operations."
Amid the security developments, the U.K. Ministry of Defense said the Changing the Guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace has been canceled for Wednesday in order to allow police officers to be redeployed.

From Yahoo

If some guy was found with a bomb in Wigan, then there could be someone in Bolton... Manchester and Wigan are two of the cities next to us

There was an arson attack on a mosque near my work a couple of hours after the attack at the arena. I swear, some people are *censored*ing stupid.

Yeah, that's exactly the response the terrorists want. That's what they're trying to do, provoke an all out war.

There was an arson attack on a mosque near my work a couple of hours after the attack at the arena. I swear, some people are *censored*ing stupid.

They have great logic. Make more enemies by burning their mosque. Shit like this is exactly what alienates the Muslims and makes them be more susceptible to brainwashing from terrorist group leaders. Terrorists win when retaliation like this happens.

At a concert with a bunch of children the security should have been air tight. It's crazy that this dude made it into the venue with a *censored*ing bomb. R.I.P. to the people who lost their lives.

Sounds okay, but how do you give a death penalty to someone who already blown himself up?

Seems like he had a bunch of helpers, so there's that I suppose.

They have great logic. Make more enemies by burning their mosque. Shit like this is exactly what alienates the Muslims and makes them be more susceptible to brainwashing from terrorist group leaders. Terrorists win when retaliation like this happens.

Bravo, that's a superb way of putting it. Plus if you attack innocents for the deeds of the evil extremists, you're actually little better than they are.

Bravo, that's a superb way of putting it. Plus if you attack innocents for the deeds of the evil extremists, you're actually little better than they are.

Why little? People who go after the innocent people are no better than the evil extremists. People love to pretend they're better than the terrorists while they shoot innocent people in the head or as they tell them to get out of their country.

At a concert with a bunch of children the security should have been air tight. It's crazy that this dude made it into the venue with a *censored*ing bomb. R.I.P. to the people who lost their lives.

He wasn't inside the venue. He was was at one of the exits.

Archived