UK Terrorist Attacks

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm tired of this shit. A *censored*ing concert. That's terrifying. An event people go to forget their problems and enjoy themselves turns into a event of tragedy. RIP to the lives lost. Heart goes out to Ariana because I'm sure she is scared of ever performing again.

I won't get into the whole Islam/terrorist thing, because I'm sure no one wants this thread to turn into that.

But I do have a question for some of my wrestling friends here. How is security at events?

I remember 1-2 years ago (maybe) when there was rumors about how WWE was one of the targets of ISIS and people said that there was hardly any security precautions compared to say an NFL game where they run a metal detector along your body and your not allowed to have any bags in the stadium unless they are see-through etc...

I pray nothing like that ever happens but I hope security has been beefed up since the last time I talked to someone about it.

Man, I feel bad for Ariana Grande and the young concert-goers...

But not for any old concert goers...?

Don't put words in his mouth. He obviously didn't imply that he didn't care for old concert goers, it's just common knowledge that the gig was majority attended by teenagers and children. M3J didn't need to lay out every demographic.

Don't be a dick, it's not the right subject.

Exactly. I even admitted that I feel horrible about hoping it was the older people who were killed by the blasts over the younger ones. Bad enough to see people killed unnecessarily, but those who aren't even 18 yet? Beyond *censored*ed up and aggravating. Hate the fact that instead of saying "I hope no one was killed or hurt," I have to hope it's not the youth. Sadly, few young people have lost their lives.

Just the fact that children, mostly pre-teen girls, are among the dead for a CONCERT with a pop girl star is just.......

How low of a human being are you to attack defenseless children like that? This is just as bad as Sandy Hook's in my opinion.

Don't put words in his mouth. He obviously didn't imply that he didn't care for old concert goers, it's just common knowledge that the gig was majority attended by teenagers and children. M3J didn't need to lay out every demographic.

Then why did he need to specific "young"? the sentence works without it "I feel bad for Ariana and the people who went to her concert"

Then why did he need to specific "young"? the sentence works without it "I feel bad for Ariana and the people who went to her concert"

Because I feel more for the youths than I do for the older ones? Wouldn't you feel like shit knowing what the young, innocent people are going through as opposed to the older ones who have read about terror attacks?

You're thinking way too much into wording that M3J probably didn't mean too put specifically.

You are picking his words apart for no real reason.

They made one arrest now the question. That needs to be answer was it a lone attack and was he apart of a network this why trump ban is called for

Trump ban has nothing to do with us, don't bring that shit in here.

Muur don't turn this into a tasteless argument.

Not sure why he wants to be a dick to M3J who just wanted to share his thoughts on a tragedy. Imagine picking apart someone's wording over something like this.

They made one arrest now the question. That needs to be answer was it a lone attack and was he apart of a network this why trump ban is called for

Not sure why he wants to be a dick to M3J who just wanted to share his thoughts on a tragedy. Imagine picking apart someone's wording over something like this.

But it does when you don't have the money or resources to vet everyone coming into the country you have no choice but to treat everyone the same way until you can vet everyone

no PC bullshit but that the world we live in now.

But it does when you don't have the money or resources to vet everyone coming into the country you have no choice but to treat everyone the same way until you can vet everyone

no PC bullshit but that the world we live in now.

HOw the *Censored* would that help if the terrorist/s were born in the country, you dunce? According to a source, the suicide bomber was British.

I won't get into the whole Islam/terrorist thing, because I'm sure no one wants this thread to turn into that.

But I do have a question for some of my wrestling friends here. How is security at events?

I remember 1-2 years ago (maybe) when there was rumors about how WWE was one of the targets of ISIS and people said that there was hardly any security precautions compared to say an NFL game where they run a metal detector along your body and your not allowed to have any bags in the stadium unless they are see-through etc...

I pray nothing like that ever happens but I hope security has been beefed up since the last time I talked to someone about it.

I'm not from the UK, so i can't comment on how it is at this arena but when i saw her earlier this year in february the security seemed pretty good.

Doesnt matter the security if they really want to they. Will as we see take months and years planning this. But the truth is we just get complacent security drops after long periods of nothing happen

It's not a matter of complacency...it's a matter of more people being sick *censored*s.

What, do you think that people tried in the past to smuggle bombs into venues on a regular basis, and they were turned away by armed guards? The attacks themselves are happening more often. It's homegrown terrorism, because more people are mentally unstable these days. It has very little to do with refugees or immigrants. That's a cop-out.

Doesnt matter the security if they really want to they. Will as we see take months and years planning this. But the truth is we just get complacent security drops after long periods of nothing happen

It's not a matter of complacency...it's a matter of more people being sick *censored*s.

What, do you think that people tried in the past to smuggle bombs into venues on a regular basis, and they were turned away by armed guards? The attacks themselves are happening more often. It's homegrown terrorism, because more people are mentally unstable these days. It has very little to do with refugees or immigrants. That's a cop-out.

Umm no most hollands attacjs were refugees

normally security is relaxed at the end of events so yes complacently plays a huge part in it

The frightening thing is that security has to be right 100% of the time, but some sick waste of human life only has to evade them once. In the past you could at least count on the perpetrators not wanting to get caught in their own blast - but now, with people prepared to die just to cause maximum death and carnage - there's literally no rules now.

And yes it appears from reports the perpetrator was a British national.

As I've said before, I've been to the venue (Manchester Evening News Arena) myself in 2000, and security was tight to the point they confiscate the plastic lid when serving you a coke. Bag searches were in place even then (and this was pre 9/11)

I believe the security standards and protocols for large venues in Britain are actually now mandated by law - We still had huge security at the O2 in September, and I would certainly expect the M.E.N Arena would be similar.

It's homegrown terrorism, because more people are mentally unstable these days.

Well, I don't know about that. Unless there are some mass, demonstrable diagnoses/statistics that I'm unaware of, I don't see how you could possibly claim that. I'd imagine there's a lot more nuance at play here, in terms of why these events seem to be increasing in frequency.

Archived