UK Terrorist Attacks

Ziggy Vercetti

From E! Online

"UPDATE: A senior US intelligence official tells NBC News that there was an explosion at the Manchester Arena where Ariana Grande was performing.

The official said there were deaths and injuries. Officials are trying to determine if the incident is terrorism related.

Manchester Arena also released a statement confirming officers are on the scene following reports of an explosion within the foyer area of the stadium at 10:30 p.m. local time.

Thousands of Ariana Grande fans experienced a frightening concert experience Monday evening.

According to various attendees tweeting from the Manchester Arena in the United Kingdom, a loud sound was heard prompting several visitors to leave the area.

Police were called and rushed out to the scene. "Emergency services responding to serious incident at Manchester Arena. Avoid the area. More details will follow as soon as available," Greater Manchester police shared.

Authorities would late release a statement confirming that they are responding to reports of an explosion. There are a number of confirmed fatalities and others injured.

"Ariana is okay. We are further investigating what happened," the singer's rep later confirmed to E! News.

BIA, who is serving as her opening act, also alerted fans that she is safe. "GUYS WE ARE OKAY !!! THANK YOU WE LOVE YOU," the singer wrote on Twitter.

For much of the evening, social media users were sharing a variety of messages from the actual arena. Video also surfaced to showcase the scene.

The incident comes as Ariana continues her Dangerous Woman World Tour. For the next four months, the "Side to Side" singer is hitting the road to perform her biggest hits.

Just last week, several concertgoers in New York reported on social media that they heard gunshots at the Barclays Center during a Future concert.

The arena would later set the record straight on Twitter and assure fans that everything was a-okay.

"There were no gunshots tonight inside the arena," their official account stated. "A loud noise during load out caused concern while fans exited the venue. Get home safely."

Story developing...more to come."

RIP to those that passed

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is disgusting. I hope none of the victims were kids or young people. Bad enough people are dead, but for the young to lose their lives.... And what's also disgusting is that certain people are targeting and blaming the Muslims for this. :\

This is disgusting. I hope none of the victims were kids or young people.

I have my doubts about anyone other than young people attending an Ariana Grande concert...

Few reports and pictures show adults being hurt. And honestly it sucks talking about this because while I don't want anyone to be dead, it makes me feel bad hoping it was the older people who were killed over the young people. :\

I've seen some really huge dude in short shorts being helped out by police. I'm pretty sure that's someones parent there but yeah it's pretty sad, can't even take your teenage daughter to an Ariana Grande or any other teen pop star anymore without the danger of being blown to pieces.

Isis claims responsbilty

They would even if it wasn't them.

And this is what they want...to make it seem like no place is safe. It sucks that you have to reconsider going to the movie theater, or a concert, or a sporting event these days...places that should be fun and safe. But that's what they want. We have to give them a giant middle finger and keep carrying on.

Isis claims responsbilty

If I ran into a crowded place and let a bomb off, ISIS would claim responsibility for that too

This is disgusting. I hope none of the victims were kids or young people. Bad enough people are dead, but for the young to lose their lives.... And what's also disgusting is that certain people are targeting and blaming the Muslims for this. :\

That's people's automatic cop out to either blame muslims or blm

From Yahoo

"At least 22 people have died and more than 100 injured after what Theresa May described as an appalling terror attack at the Manchester Arena during an Ariana Grande pop concert. Here are the latest updates:

At least 22 people killed and more than 100 injured, including 12 children

Suicide bomber named as Salman Abedi, US officials have said

Police say male, lone attacker is responsible

Isis has claimed responsibility

A 23-year-old man has been arrested

Theresa May says many children among those killed

Evil losers: Donald Trump responds to attack

Katie Hopkins reported to police for hate speech tweet

First victim named as Georgina Callander

All parties suspend election campaigning

Ariana Grande tweets: From the bottom of my heart, I am so, so sorry.

Video shows moment concert-goers flee in terror

Eyewitnesses: People were lying on the ground covered in blood

People in Manchester open their homes to victims

An emergency number is available for those who are concerned about loved ones or anyone who may have been in the area: 0161 856 9400 "

Vigil going on right now I believe

Archived