Official WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

Jmerc

I agree, that one was just as good, if not better than their HIAC in 2002. It really felt like a classic HIAC match. That was, for me, Taker's last great match. That one and the one with Roman-Bray earlier in the night were the most creative HIAC matches ever IMO. I think the latter was slightly better and felt like a more...modern match, whereas the former is more of a classic between veterans.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to see Brock vs Roman to get it over with. Like the year long speculation to what the Mania main event will be, to having hope for something different, only for WWE to go with the predicted plan is a little tiresome

Exactly my issue with it.

I'm cool with another Reigns/Lesnar match. I'm just not cool with the predictable RTWM. Mostly if that means Lesnar is champion until next March.

Braun needs a reign ASAP

Reigns/Lesnar could happen with Reigns going in (and leaving) as champion. That would mean Lesnar isn't champ from now until Mania.

If Braun comes back and challenges Lesnar at Summerslam, it wouldn't surprise me to see him win and then Reigns beat him for the title #Redemption

Didn't they try for the past 2 weeks to make the Intercontinental title the most important thing on the show? Only to throw that away and pretend like it never happened. All right?

Anyways, out of the 5 guys Samoa Joe should get it.

- Bray Wyatt sucks, next.

- Seth Rollins vs Brock, we've seen already.

- Roman Reigns vs Brock, that's happening in New Orleans next year.

- Finn Balor needs a change in his character, especially his demon incarnation.

Please. Gimme Brock and Samoa Joe at the July PPV.

Didn't they try for the past 2 weeks to make the Intercontinental title the most important thing on the show? Only to throw that away and pretend like it never happened. All right?

The IC title not showing up ONCE doesn't mean they've "thrown it away" that is a ridiculous notion and down right moronic. This week they focussed on the number 1 contendership for the Universal title.

You are so damn negative all the time.

Of course Reigns is at the very front of the card... lol

I really hope Ambrose retains, now that Goldust turned heel it would be cool if he goes after his title, that would make for an interesting and fresh feud. I've had enough of Miz being there all the time.

The IC title not showing up ONCE doesn't mean they've "thrown it away" that is a ridiculous notion and down right moronic. This week they focussed on the number 1 contendership for the Universal title.

There was an IC title match, no? So I don't really know what he's going on about anyways.

There was an IC title match, no? So I don't really know what he's going on about anyways.

Oh that's right lmao I totally forgot about that. Decent match too. My bad.

Still lightning that makes what you said even more ridiculous. They had a title match on RAW this week ... that's hardly dropping it all together. You HAVE to focus on the #1 contendership for the main belt at somepoint and considering the level of talent involved in that title chase there is nowhere, but the main event for those five. The IC title, Ambrose and Miz can afford to be middle of the show this week. They still put on a good match and still got some love.

That's seriously the stipulation for Bliss vs. Bayley? Jeez. I've always hated "on-a-pole" matches. It irks me how WWE has reduced a lot of these Extreme Rules/TLC PPV matches to where the wrestlers are practically limited to one weapon throughout the match, lol.

Extreme Rules is already looking pretty good. Could've gone for a regular Extreme Rules match for the women's match instead of Kendo stick on a Pole Match? Lmfao

Indeed, super cringey title for a match that would've been better off being an old fashioned ER match... par for the course, by WWE standards.

Miz vs Ambrose match stipulation is dumb af for a ppv that's supposed to have a anything goes vibe. Had to make sure I read the match-up screen right last night.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I would've preferred a street fight or something.

Archived