NWA Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Melina clearly hurt her knee after this. She's convinced the ref to keep going despite her struggling to move, not sure about this...Match is gonna have to get cut short.

The women's ring announcer must be new. She pronounces shit like in 2K20 lol

Madusa out here to present the new NWA Women's tag champs and she poses right in front of them. Come on Dus lmao

Happy for the champs...but why don't the belts have sideplates lmao

Bro, this ref is like a hundred years old hahaha.

Holy shit, the original belt is so tiny. Like for a baby lmao

Kamille and Legit Leyla need to have a rematch in AEW asap.

The Aldis-Murdoch staredown was so unnecessary on this show for the women.

Mickie James was booked in so many Battle Royals in WWE that she booked one as the main event lol

I watched up to (and including) the Impact KO match. I'll finish the rest later. Show is okay...but also kinda meh. Everybody talks too much...and everybody is acting like this event is actually something revolutionary, when women have been doing awesome for a long time now. It just feels like one of those moments where they completely missed the boat when it happened. And now they're trying to act like they did it first. It was bad when WWE did it, and it's just as bad now. Japan always had a strong women's scene. And the indies empowered women before anybody else did in the US. An all-female show is just as bad as an all-male show.

Just finished Empowerrr. 

ummmm, it was alright I guess ? I had fun watching it but I don’t think it was particularly good. Production was absolutely awful. 

Knockouts title and the Women’s Tag were really good though. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

That's nuts, I didn't hear a peep about that lol I just know Matt Cardona showed up and the small crowd that they explained was because of "covid protocol" even though everyone was on top of each other lmao

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Maybe, but he's a name right now that could draw some eyes to the product and it's definitely a notch above Trevor Murdoch with all due respect lol

Just noticed Matt wore his Christian Cage attire again from his last WrestleMania. Cage is definitely favorite champ from the NWA-TNA era too.

• 1 month later...

I just can't bring myself to pay on an episodic basis for pro wrestling. If NWA was still on youtube, I never would have stopped watching it. But, wrestling in general, is something that there is SO much of...and there already isn't time to keep up with all of it...even without paying.

Archived