NWA Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

I think Cornette quit.

Had no idea Tyrus still wrestled.

Cornette "resigned", but I'm pretty sure it was one of those situations where it wasn't really his choice. Felt like one of those "bow out gracefully" situations.

Tyrus didn't wrestle...hasn't wrestled. He was spreading conspiracies and bullshit for Fox News until he got fired for sexually harassing someone. Now he's back.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

^ The price for Powerrr is actually very reasonable. But, on the other hand...we have definitely been dicked around by them already.

Especially when you consider that MLW is free on youtube, and is an arguably better product.

I really do want to support NWA, but a lot of the decisions they keep making are turning me off. If they weren't hiring people like Tyrus and Crimson, I probably would have bought in already.

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to catch up on this finally. A lot of these guys I simply don't care about. But...there are one or two things I feel inclined to watch. Honestly, NWA needs to cut fat, make some signings, and get better distribution. If they can't seriously improve over the next year, then they should just focus on having all of their champions represented at places like AEW...maybe even NJPW. It's a shame to see someone like Aldis just being wasted against the current NWA roster. I think the NWA women's title has been represented VERY well on AEW. They should do more of that.

Stop the cap ??? lmao

I was on Effy's stream the other day and he had some stuff to say about them. A lot of people of color are quote tweeting this saying similar things. Not a good look.

That's cool for her...but, NWA needs a lot of things right now before a female PPV. That's just real-talk. They lost a lot of good faith before/during/after the pandemic. And they haven't done enough to gain much of it back. I hear the latest PPV was good (still need to watch that). But the overall product is in need of an overhaul. They need to iron out their distribution before anything else...because the weekly pay-to-watch situation isn't a proper solution. 

• 1 month later...

I used to like Aldis a lot. I still do, honestly. But, NWA dropped the ball hard during the pandemic (and even before the pandemic with the scandal). It's not really Nick's fault. But...he hasn't fought too many people who really matter worth a damn. And he hasn't defended very much in general. He's a great performer and a great champion. But, he's been used terribly. I've said it before...but, Aldis should have been used the same as Thunder Rosa. He could have easily been defending the title on AEW or elsewhere. And it would have been fantastic for both him and the NWA. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived