NWA Discussion Thread

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think NWA should just do a full partnership with AEW for the time being. They can always do other things at a later date...but, for the time being, they should have the National, Tag, and World Heavyweight titles defended on Dynamite along with the Women's title. This pandemic is likely going to continue in some capacity, at least until the end of this year. We can't sit around and waste talents like Nick Aldis, Trevor Murdoch, Tim Storm, or Aron Stevens. 

There appears to be some good news coming soon on the future of the NWA.

As noted earlier, they have removed all of the videos on their YouTube channel. They have also taken the merchandise off from their website and Pro Wrestling Tees.

There was speculation on social media that the company was about to shut down but that does not appear the case. Dave Meltzer noted on the Wrestling Observer Forum that something will be announced in the next few days.

Meltzer said, “I was told it will be something announced in the next few days which is a good thing. Would not have to do with AEW.”

Not much else is known but it seems possible that they have worked out a deal with a streaming company. If that is the case, then the streaming company would likely want exclusivity on NWA archived footage. Nothing is confirmed by the NWA but it looks like we’ll know more in a few days.

NWA World Champion Nick Aldis sent out the following tweet:

https://wrestlingnews.co/nwa-news/update-on-the-future-of-the-nwa-and-its-good-news/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Interesting. Maybe they're finally going to resume taping. 

Honestly, I was surprised that they were the ones who stopped production full-tilt. They had the smallest audience, and they probably could have tested everyone and been fine. Your crowd is a few rows of bleachers. That doesn't seem very hard to screen for covid in advance of each session. But...it was the safe thing to do in the end. Can't fault them for that.

I was hoping for a free product...but, I get why they need to generate some funds. I'll buy the PPV...and then I'll see how I feel about paying for the weekly product. Paying for a weekly show is not really something I like doing. I bought a few of those shows they did with UWN, and they were okay...but I definitely didn't feel like it was a logical use of my money. The subscription deal needs to be something very reasonable.

Somehow missed the announcement of NWA Powerrr coming to Fite.tv for $5 a month. I don't know how to feel about it but I understand why they did it. I will watch the PPV too at least.

One piece of good news though.

• 2 weeks later...

Signing Tyrus was such a stupid decision. It sounds to me like absolutely no one is happy that he will be involved, and I've seen countless comments about not wanting to watch the show at all because he is. Personally, I hate Tyrus as well. Still want to see what else they have to offer. But...why are they employing this idiot? Besides that, if you were going to take the risk of employing someone with controversy attached to them...why would you not risk it on someone that people actually might want...like Scurll. You fired Cornette and cut ties with Scurll. Your entire company almost ceased to exist because of Dave Lagana. And your first move back is to hire Tyrus? Smh. It's honestly getting hard to support NWA through all of these awful decisions.

5 hours ago, Generations said:

Signing Tyrus was such a stupid decision. It sounds to me like absolutely no one is happy that he will be involved, and I've seen countless comments about not wanting to watch the show at all because he is. Personally, I hate Tyrus as well. Still want to see what else they have to offer. But...why are they employing this idiot? Besides that, if you were going to take the risk of employing someone with controversy attached to them...why would you not risk it on someone that people actually might want...like Scurll. You fired Cornette and cut ties with Scurll. Your entire company almost ceased to exist because of Dave Lagana. And your first move back is to hire Tyrus? Smh. It's honestly getting hard to support NWA through all of these awful decisions.

They booked Crimson too who beat his wife.

Archived