NWA Discussion Thread

Not sure about that as I don't know if some people looked up AEW because he congratulated and praised them after Double or Nothing but it's cool that someone like him is still keeping up with the wrestling industry and giving them fair props.

I didn't know he had beginnings with the territories like Memphis. Nice to see him remembering his roots

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about that as I don't know if some people looked up AEW because he congratulated and praised them after Double or Nothing

^ Easier to double smaller numbers than larger ones. I don't know how many people watched NWA after the fact...but, I know the live numbers of Youtube and Facebook combined were about 16,000 live views. I think Rock spreading the word about them could easily double that.

Watching Powerrr now. I get the old school vibe they're going for, but no entrance music is killing me lol

I forgot all about the *censored*ing DCC til I saw Eddie Kingston, Bram and James Storm in the same segment lol

Nick Aldis really Impresses me, He has that old school feel down in all the right ways. He isn't larger then life, he's a world wrestling champion and good at what he does, and it's great because it's a wrestling show after all. Wish more companies got that.

He's amazing. Last week was the first time I'd seen him since his All In match (Previous to that was probably his TNA run) and he's everything I want a champion to be.

Have they announced anything for tonight? I know there's taping spoilers but I kind of want to follow along spoiler free. I enjoyed last weeks show more than I enjoyed any wrestling in a long time

Oh, yeah...Aldis is fantastic, for sure. I was never a fan of the guy in TNA...but I've like him ever since the NWA 70th anniversary show. The current direction for NWA has a hell of a way of making me care about guys that I never cared about, actually. Same goes for Eli Drake. Years and years of hating the guy in Impact...he cuts one promo on NWA, and I'm like "hey...this guy is pretty good". :lol:

I think there's a lot of truth to be said about certain guys just belonging in certain places.

Work with AEW more? Yeah or Nay?

Not necessary, tbh...and truthfully, counter-productive to the old school feel that NWA is trying to put over. I mean...it would be nice if a handful of AEW talents like Cody and Dustin could have matches in NWA as well...but aside from that, who? And why? It would probably just end with AEW trying to take talent from NWA.

Once they get people established, I hope they begin to have episodes where they do one or two longer matches instead of trying to cram so much little stuff. It can be a lot of fun sometimes to have those shows with a bunch of little stuff. But, you need those 20 or 30 minute matches too...especially when they start having more title fights. Like...I get it, I really do...they want to capture the magic of yesteryear. I get doing that. But, some stuff is going to get tedious...especially the mock-commercials, tbh.

Also a bit of an "oof" moment when James Storm called the National title a "prop"...but, what are ya gonna do? I know what he was trying to say...but I didn't care for that promo.

The whole crowd went silent as soon as he said that and he paused for a second while stepping back. Maybe he realised he done messed up and then continued to clarify. Whole promo was okay but Eli Drake saved it

Archived