NWA Discussion Thread

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Return of wrestler at taping spoiler:

[Trevor] Murdoch announced his retirement last year after performing in TNA in 2009 and spending a decade on the independent circuit. However, he is now back in the squared circle as he returned at the National Wrestling Alliance’s Power television taping.

He appeared at the taping and cut a promo saying that he wanted to earn a NWA contract. He then beat Jocephus to earn just that. So, expect to see more of Murdoch on NWA Power in the future.

Very impressed. Loved the sleek, stripped-down look. Commentary was spot on. The video packages were well-produced and caught me up to speed. The promos were great and felt genuine. And the matches never overstayed their welcome and were exactly what they needed to be. My only main gripe was the commentary audio was too low. But overall, I was very satisfied. I'm definitely tuning in for more.

kinda skipped around. im tired and just wanted to see familiar faces.

im only 23 and i never bothered to go back and watch NWA of old but i know the camera work and the interviews were a callback to that, but other than those things, how true to the original product was this show? like what were the big differences if there were any? was there no theme music in the original NWA?

Eli Drake is electric.

Homicide and Eddie Kingston excited me. ive always really loved Eddie so its always nice to see him.

didnt pay THAT much attention to the main event and thats partly because of Camille. i know im late to the party but she is unreal. i would pay her to hold my hand to a grill.

Camille. i know im late to the party but she is unreal. i would pay her to hold my hand to a grill.

That's Strowman's woman. You better be prepared to get those hands.

i just found out shes actually dating Bram

I think the presentation, ring and studio is perfect! It's old school, simple and small but also modern enough. Something about it really catches my interest. Truly different, unique and fresh!

Doing the old style interview podium section close to ringside for after matches and promos is a nice touch. Bonus points for using Into The Fire by Dokken as the show's theme song!

I usually don't like suggesting that anyone leaves MLW, because I love that promotion. But, I really hope the Von Erichs jump from MLW to NWA sooner rather than later...(or maybe they get a deal that allows them to do both). I know those guys are still super green...but it just feels like the right place for them to be. I also hope Tessa Blanchard arrives in NWA at some point.

Archived