NWA Discussion Thread

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Crockett Cup was the most enjoyable full event that I can remember watching in in a long time. Storytelling, production quality, attention to detail, respect to history. It was everything I wanted and more than I expected. Not a bad match or moment on the whole thing. Just fun. A a lot of fun.

Nick Aldis is a true champion, and I never used to appreciate the guy at all. The NWA have given him the platform to become this person, but they chose him because they could see what was already there...which is something that I never saw when he was TNA champion, or at any other time during his career. It's been awesome to see what he has become.

Side note: Can we rename this title to the official NWA topic now that the Corgan thing is old news?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So...it's still early, but, I'm assuming that all current champions are going to sign on with NWA. Which means we can start to get an idea about what this roster will look like. Plus, the handful of people they've announced signings for...

Nick Aldis (World champion)

Allyson Kay (Women's champion)

James Storm (National champion)

Brody King (tag champion)

PCO (tag champion)

Ricky Starks (officially signed)

Eli Drake (officially signed)

People who are also likely to be signed, IMO:

Colt Cabana (even though I can't stand him)

Willie Mack

• 4 weeks later...

While I love me some Cornette. I always imagined he'd be a better behind the scenes guy for NWA. I was honestly hoping he'd sign with AEW. But that's a huge signing for Billy Corgan. Especially since Jim said he didn't wanna do anything like that again around this time last year on his podcast.

It's funny. He said that last year and then started working for MLW in February I believe lol. He said on his podcast that the NWA deal was a one shot thing for now but I'd expect him to continue to be involved. He sounded passionate about it on his podcast. Even dedicated an episode to studio wrestling this week on his podcast.

Cornette in AEW is something that would be amazing to see tbh. Even if only for a short run to have the interactions/"feuds" with Omega and company. That could be a white hot angle if done correctly tbh lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived