NWA Discussion Thread

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoZvhtplucK/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1umkpzr8z5lth

The NWA Women's Championship is returning and they're keeping Jazz as the champion.

Nice. I'm definitely pulling for NWA to be a full/successful brand again.

Guessing Jazz will probably defend the belt just for the sake of linear progression...drop the belt to someone who has longevity. Not saying that Jazz lacks longevity...but, I haven't exactly seen her around much in recent memory. NWA needs champions who are prominent names in the current landscape...if they're going to be seen as a big deal again. Maybe put the strap on Tessa Blanchard. Kinda surreal to have a Rhodes and a Blanchard as NWA champions in 2018...

Contenders announced for the NWA National Championship...

-Colt Cabana

-Scorpio Sky

-Mike Parrow

-Jay Bradley

-Samuel Shaw

-Ricky Starks

-Willie Mack

-Sammy Guevara

Stage One: Two elimination Fatal 4 Way matches.

Stage Two: Winners face off to crown the champion.

LET'S GO SCORPIO. ? S C U !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Contenders announced for the NWA National Championship...

-Colt Cabana

-Scorpio Sky

-Mike Parrow

-Jay Bradley

-Samuel Shaw

-Ricky Starks

-Willie Mack

-Sammy Guevara

Stage One: Two elimination Fatal 4 Way matches.

Stage Two: Winners face off to crown the champion.

LET'S GO SCORPIO. ? S C U !

Sammy Guevara is a real talent, hope he gets some more mainstream attention, seen him a few times.

According to Cody, yesterday's show was the largest gross in "The Asylum"'s history. Topping TNA's early years there before they switched to the Impact Zone in Orlando. Will be interesting to see how Impact does when they go back early next year.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1120327279719124992?s=19

So Jazz just decided to vacate the NWA World Women's Championship. Wonder why she did this far into the Billy Corgan regime? Retirement or injury? I'm guessing Allysin Kay (Sienna) was originally her opponent for the next show, as she's still getting a title shot against someone else to be announced. I'm guessing Allysin Kay will win it regardless though, she is a pretty big name.

Archived