What music are you into?

GoreTench

Personally, I'm into heavy stuff like System of a Down or Metallica before Ride the Lightning whilst doing chores around the house or working out. I like to mellow out with some Nujabes and Jimi Hendrix though. Post some of your favorite songs/albums!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eROTjqO-NHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z6cVUOhLDw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrO9PTpuSSs

More into rap than anything else...but when I'm down this shit hits hard

That too

I tend to casually listen to rap every once in awhile, corny to say but I'm a fan of Rapper's Delight.

I like a lot of music. It would be easier for me to say "look at my last.fm or my rateyourmusic page" haha but i like a lot of metal, pop, country and just a lot of stuff. Some of my favorite artists: Ariana Grande, Metallica, The Cranberries, Megadeth, Primus, GWAR, Oingo Boingo and a lot more.

Two songs that i've been listening to a lot in the past few days:

Eh I have a wide variety and some very specific tastes.

I like Thrash metal more than anything. Some generic bands like Metallica (all eras I don't have a particular distaste for any albums, but my favourite is And Justice for All.) but I like lesser known bands in the genre like Overkill, Evile, Testament, Nuclear Assault, Municipal Waste. They're all quite popular, but "lesser known" in comparison to Metallica and Slayer and Megadeth.

Doom metal is also on my playlist a lot. Electric Wizard, Witchfinder General, Candlemass and others. My absolutely favourite band Ghost (BC) could be put in the mix there although they don't really stick to any one genre.

I like a lot of popular grunge music too like Nirvana and Pearl Jam. And some punk bands such as Rancid, Dropkick Murphys, Dead Kennedies, Alkaline Trio and even some pop punk like Green Day.

Then there is the rap and hip hop side of me. Been a big fan of Public Enemy and NWA for many years. Also artists such as Eminem, Run The Jewels who I discovered recently, Snoop and Biggie Smalls.

Then there's the techno side that me and some friends enjoy raving too. More famous artists like The Prodigy, Pendulum, Die Antwoord and some lesser known DJ's like Harry Shotta.

I also enjoy movie soundtracks and scores which I listen to while falling asleep at night.

Eh I have a wide variety and some very specific tastes.

I like Thrash metal more than anything. Some generic bands like Metallica (all eras I don't have a particular distaste for any albums, but my favourite is And Justice for All.) but I like lesser known bands in the genre like Overkill, Evile, Testament, Nuclear Assault, Municipal Waste. They're all quite popular, but "lesser known" in comparison to Metallica and Slayer and Megadeth.

Doom metal is also on my playlist a lot. Electric Wizard, Witchfinder General, Candlemass and others. My absolutely favourite band Ghost (BC) could be put in the mix there although they don't really stick to any one genre.

I like a lot of popular grunge music too like Nirvana and Pearl Jam. And some punk bands such as Rancid, Dropkick Murphys, Dead Kennedies, Alkaline Trio and even some pop punk like Green Day.

Then there is the rap and hip hop side of me. Been a big fan of Public Enemy and NWA for many years. Also artists such as Eminem, Run The Jewels who I discovered recently, Snoop and Biggie Smalls.

Then there's the techno side that me and some friends enjoy raving too. More famous artists like The Prodigy, Pendulum, Die Antwoord and some lesser known DJ's like Harry Shotta.

I also enjoy movie soundtracks and scores which I listen to while falling asleep at night.

Awesome to have a collection like that, I think I've heard of Testament before, any certain albums you'd recommend?

i'm into some hip hop, R&B, Rock, Heavy Metal, i just don't really listen to anything dated past 2005. I just haven't listened to any heavy metal or rock of current but most Hip Hop/Rap and R&B these day seems more like crap than anything else.

Serj Tankin (Lead singer of System of a Down) does solo projects pass said date which are pretty good, here's some: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPYVnSkI3Yo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSBj4XxYd7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyPLGyv93wU

that's cool. although even when i listened to that musical genre it was brief. i've mostly been an R&B fan, a hip hop/Rap fan mostly soul/r&b

i was born in 1980 so most of the music/artists i grew up listening to either the groups are desolved or the music is just horrible. Good to see Next is getting back together, and i like the work charlie wilson has been doing lately. but yeah after 2005 (maybe a little after that.) is when i really stopped and got hooked on my ipod/digital music collections lol

Metalcore, Pop Punk, and Emo. That's pretty much the 3 genres that most bands I listen to have at least one.

From Motionless In White, Bring Me the Horizon, Of Mice & Men to Blink-182, Neck Deep, Tonight Alive to Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, Hawthorne Heights. Then some that don't fit into one of the three genres like Slipknot, Linkin Park, Marilyn Manson, Weezer(which is close).

But my favorites are Blink-182, Mayday Parade, Marilyn Manson, Bring Me the Horizon, Beartooth, and Falling in Reverse.

Post-punk, proto-punk, new wave, synth pop, lofi, queerpunk, power pop, emo, punk, shoegaze, glam rock, art rock/pop, idk this question doesn't really mean anything if you have a pretty wide variety.

I get mostly excited when Diners or Ariel Pink puts out something new if that helps.

I cant stand rap and most of the modern stuff all sounds exactly the same nowadays. I enjoy classics and older music. Queen, Tom Jones, also some classical music. My go-to music is always film scores, cant get enough of it

Which translates too "I have no idea what I'm talking about."

I honestly think that is one of the laziest comments people can make. A lot of mainstream pop or whatever? I can understand.

But modern music as a whole, you gotta be trippin...

I agree. Mainstream pop is one thing and sure, it sounds pretty generic and similar, but that isn't all music is. There are whole industries of other genres that have existed for decades. Plus new one. To say it all sounds the same yet listen to Tom *censored*ing Jones is ridiculous. You know who Tom Jones sounds like? All the other love ballad pop singers from that era.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived