Status Effects - Injuries - Personality Traits - Do they work in your Universe?

I got the game on sale around Thanksgiving, but held off launching a Universe mode until all the DLC's and patches were in, just using exhibition mode to get a feel for the game. So I started the Universe mode, and went through a season and a half, trying not to do anything fancy and letting the game progress to see what would happen. Here are some things I noticed:

1) Injuries - they don't seem to progress whether in rivalries or not. In one case, a rivalry generated by the AI included Blake who has a very low damage recovery rating. He sustained a minor injury and the next match he had I beat the @%$# out of him, concentrating on the injured body part and after the event was over, under news, he had completely recovered from the injury. I've never had an injury go past minor. Also, wouldn't it make sense, rather than your having to wait and check news to discover an injury, that some sort of injury animation could be triggered? e.g., for minor injuries, the ref or paramedics try to help the injured wrestler up, but he pushes them off and leaves the ring on his on, holding the injured body part; for the next, major injurey (which I have yet to see), the wrestler could be assisted off by a friend or the paramedics, and then for critical (which again, I have yet to see in next gen 16 or 17), one of the classic stretcher job animations.

2) Other status effects: I keep having rivalry matches where after the match, the winning wrestler gets a losing streak status effect, and sometimes, both wrestlers get losing streak status effects, when there was a winner in the match; doesn't make sense. Anyone else have this issue?

3) Personality traits - Great concept, but how they get modified doesn't seem to make sense. I have wrestlers who I have created to be heels with high ego and disrespectful traits, but when they go on winning streaks these characteristics go down instead of up. When I wasn't paying attention closely enough, I noticed that suddenly one of my heels had built up a dominant personality trait of respectful!?!?? At times I wonder if the people programing the Universe mode have every watched a pro wrestling match. Someone who understands pro wrestling needs to review their work!

Anyone else noticing these things?

Personalitys change slowly but if a wrestler gets his little traits such as form etc and look at the boosters, more likely to abruptly change and turn in rivalries..

Somethings broke however..

Disrespectful - makes them taunt more

Cowardly - they run out ring and sulk or leave match

Bold - not sure suppose to chase after you more and do more extreme moves.. Dunno though

Disciplined - they stay in the ring and prefer match staying inside.. Don't follow you, but in a composed way..

Aggressive they run at you and just attack attack attack and supposedly more omg moves (again not sure)

Prideful v egotistical more for promos rivalries? On who will attack, stay classy etc.. Shake hands or attack, not shake..

Perseverant means they'll get out of pins and desperate cheat, pin with ropes, take buckle off or if you're battering em will just attack you and get dq'd

But you're right, outdated and don't all work..

Also I recommend for promo/rivalry purposes, that wrestlers you use the most have the taunt, brawl or stare down traits included too..

Seems injuries work for some; I have seen clips from games on YouTube that showed the injury animation. Back in one of the older games (the one where your character was on a private jet between shows, don't remember the exact year), if you took too much damage, injuries carried over and you would start the next match at a disadvantage.

I'm having some fun with the game, but at times it just seems like something is suggested, like the status effects, but then no one follows through in supervising the programing to make sure it is in line with traditional pro wrestling. When they first re-introduced the environmental grapples of the old games in the form of OMG moments, it took 3 stored finishers to executed the top rope suplex to the floor, but the game was programmed in such a manner that the victim immediately went on the offensive after taking the move; over time, it seems like situations like this were pointed out and then corrected. You can't put all the blame on the individuals programming the Universe, since game developers hire programmers, and not necessarily wrestling fans or basketball fans etc.

At times I think the Universe and rivalries may be over-programmed, i.e., too rigid, and if you don't pick the right wrestler and / or the right wrestler doesn't win, it doesn't progress. I've had cases in rivalry matches where it seems like my wrestler was supposed to lose, but I ended up winning; in those cases, in spite of having 4 stars built up for the match rating, after the match is over I'm informed it was a disaster with no points (of course having used the season pass, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with the millions in VC).

Thanks for the input so far.

To even injure anyone I have to fight them like 6 times in the same show getting them max damage. Injuries are broken

same here, only ever had a minor injury on mine!

The annoying thing is... the wrestlers heal BETWEEN matches

So you have Slater injured but he heals before you face him again in the next match. So if you want the achievement for giving someone a major injury you gotta beat them up to max damage in 6 matches in a row on RAW or whatever... and it might not work because the *censored*er might heal up before it. It sucks dick

To even injure anyone I have to fight them like 6 times in the same show getting them max damage. Injuries are broken

same here, only ever had a minor injury on mine!

The annoying thing is... the wrestlers heal BETWEEN matches

So you have Slater injured but he heals before you face him again in the next match. So if you want the achievement for giving someone a major injury you gotta beat them up to max damage in 6 matches in a row on RAW or whatever... and it might not work because the *censored*er might heal up before it. It sucks dick

or just do what i did. I had bo dallas in a match on raw, he got the minor injury. i don't do minor shows so i booked bo in 7 matches on main event and another 7 matches on superstars against brock lesnar. by the time raw came back around he had a major injury lol

i know we shouldn't have to do that but there's your work around. I even did the same thing after i did the Summerslam 2016 main event between seth and finn so that finn would be out for a while. he returned at mania.

• 2 months later...

OK, dug this old topic up rather than start a new one. On injuries, in my first post I mentioned that it would be a good idea to have animations for the various stages of injury. Later, when checking out all the cut scenes, much to my surprise, such animations are already in the game. Fine.

After 3 Universes and multiple seasons, I finally progressed from minor injury to moderate, and then got the critical / major injury. this occurred in Universe mode in a rivalry. Trophy granted, but neither injury progression resulted in one of the animations running, in spite of it being a rivalry. Zack Ryder is out of commission and I have nothing but this stinking trophy to show for it; he sacrificed for nothing! What the &*^*% do you have to do to get the animations to run, other than go to create a video and make your own! I am p***ed at this game!

Archived