NXT Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The crowd seems super *censored*ing jaded nowadays, lol. Only thing that really bothers me is that lame ass "too sweet" chant after every two count.

That's not a Full Sail thing, every crowd does that. It started WM weekend.

I know that. I was in the crowd when it first started last year, lol. The Full Sail crowd seems to do it more often nowadays than others. Rather than doing for a few matches a show, they do it for practically every match on the card - even the intense, back-and-forth ones.

The ref should just stop screaming "TWOOOOOOOOOO" after every count.

He doesn't even. He just audibly counts as he does the pin. There isn't any real emphasis on it...it's just a two count that stops before three (most of the time). Crowd just needs to simmer down with thinking they're so clever.

It's still not as bad as the Perfect 10 Count though...I swear, that would really annoy me if I was a wrestler. Forces you to take your mind off what you're actually doing in the match, just to properly keep up with the number of the count. It's like if you were driving, and there was someone in the back seat just saying "take a left, take a left, take a left, take a left"...

The Perfect 10 count should only be a thing during Dillinger matches, and the 2 Sweet should only be a thing during Club/AJ/Balor matches. Anything else is just the crowd being a bunch of try-hards.

I really like Daria/Sonya Deville. Wish she was a few inches taller, but I still think she has a bright future.

I also like Lacey Evans but I preferred her Sonya Blade/Lara Croft/Cammy look. I hope one day down the line she makes the transition if she turns heel or something.

Triple H hosted a conference call with reporters to talk about tomorrow’s NXT Chicago event.

Raj asked if Ciampa was injured at last night’s NXT event. H said that he turned his ankle so they got him out of there. He was X rayed and there was no serious damage. It was a sprain. He said that he texted with Ciampa and he is up and moving around today. He will get checked out by medical but as of right now, he’s good to go tomorrow. He would hate for him to miss out tomorrow as he and Johnny have a lot of history in Chicago.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/triple-h-conference-call-recap-jim-ross-return-developing-new-territories-more/

Not sure if this is posted, but here's the injury in slo-mo: https://twitter.com/briantheguppie/status/865415082850697218

I really like Daria/Sonya Deville. Wish she was a few inches taller, but I still think she has a bright future.

I also like Lacey Evans but I preferred her Sonya Blade/Lara Croft/Cammy look. I hope one day down the line she makes the transition if she turns heel or something.

Yes! Agreed! I'm glad she's being taken more seriously now. She's very talented.

He doesn't even. He just audibly counts as he does the pin. There isn't any real emphasis on it...it's just a two count that stops before three (most of the time). Crowd just needs to simmer down with thinking they're so clever.

It's still not as bad as the Perfect 10 Count though...I swear, that would really annoy me if I was a wrestler. Forces you to take your mind off what you're actually doing in the match, just to properly keep up with the number of the count. It's like if you were driving, and there was someone in the back seat just saying "take a left, take a left, take a left, take a left"...

The Perfect 10 count should only be a thing during Dillinger matches, and the 2 Sweet should only be a thing during Club/AJ/Balor matches. Anything else is just the crowd being a bunch of try-hards.

Why do you hate people trying to enjoy themselves so much?

Yup. Cringed at the last sentence about the crowd being try-hards for chanting 10 lol.

Yup. Cringed at the last sentence about the crowd being try-hards for chanting 10 lol.

Same lol. Because delegating how the crowd should participate on an online forum isn't try-harding.

lol every single time

Why can't someone criticise the crowd without being ridiculed around here? People get ridiculed for a lot of stuff here, but the crowd-thing without exception sparks a reaction along the lines of "they're just trying to enjoy themselves man, you must hate your life and be miserable as *Censored* if you don't like them man".

The 10 count-thing is actually a good point, imagine a scenario where that confuses a wrestler because he doesn't know how far the ref is in his count and he misses his spot and it ruins the match. It's not unthinkable, although we don't know unless we ask a wrestler. I don't think they're tryhards for chanting 10 during a 10-count, but I can see how it could potentially be disruptive.

@ Jiggy

Well maybe because he is calling them "try hards" or saying like: "they chant that thinking they are so clever"...

I think it's only fair that if someone goes out of their way to label people and call them names to be called out on that too, if someone disagrees.

I still don't get why people hate particular chants "it ruines a match" is a weak as hell as an argument. Personally none of the chants annoy me, and frankly I don't see a reason why it should. The only time is when I don't like something is for example when some combo or something wasn't that special and it gets a "this is awesome" chant, tough I'm just left in a state where I go: "ok it wasn't that awesome", for 5 seconds,and I continue to watch the match.

I was reading on some thread about the CM Punk chant, and I can actually see why it could annoy people especially if it's random and/or you are not a fan of his.... but... can you think of any wrestler that gets his name chanted years after he quit the company? It's still a special chant.

Oh and yeah, Gens post was reeking of that hollier than thou attitude, calling people smartasses and "try hards", and these things annoy me much more than people chanting stupid stuff...

And I'll qoute your qoute: "they're just trying to enjoy themselves man, you must hate your life and be miserable as *Censored* if you don't like them man". But I agree only with the bolded part :)

Random: Just saw Ohno on NXT's IG story and he's definitely been putting work in the gym. Happy for him cause I know he's probably tired of them making him wear a jersey on TV

Archived