How do you play your universe?

Dj-Sprat

I play the matches set up if they make sense for my rivalries, like if i have Rollins in a rivalry with Balor, if they are put in a 1 on 1 match on Raw i usually edit it and have Rollins or Balor face someone else and then set up a run in for after or during the match by the other.

Also if i add a new wrestler to the brand and i wanna push them if they aren't booked on the card i usually edit a match i have no interest in playing and set him up in its place. Like right now i got Bobby Fish on Raw in no rivalry, but i got him winning squash matches preparing him for a feud with the US champion at some point, but if 1 week he's not on the card i'll edit it and put him on it.

I usually sim most of the womens matches because the womens roster isn't that big, especially with the brand split i got set up and it can get repetitive after so long.

But doesn't the rivals get messed up and you end up not getting any cut scenes if you edit rivalry matches?

I really hope next year we get the option to set up everything manually. Have an option to turn on cut scenes manually. Call it a "segment". Then either assign a promo to it and choose which promo, or assign for example "entrance attack - backstage confrontation - partner turns on partner" and so on.

Even more so with rivalry matches, I play the matches that have the makings of a great fight, and then I'll look away from the screen to "randomly" choose which superstar I'll control in said match up. When I need to get up and refill my drink, or use the bathroom... that's when I choose to simulate matches on a card.

Randomness is the king of my gaming world.

But doesn't the rivals get messed up and you end up not getting any cut scenes if you edit rivalry matches?

I really hope next year we get the option to set up everything manually. Have an option to turn on cut scenes manually. Call it a "segment". Then either assign a promo to it and choose which promo, or assign for example "entrance attack - backstage confrontation - partner turns on partner" and so on.

what i've been doing since 2k15 is if there's a rivalry match i don't like (2k15-2k16) i'd just change someone's settings. and the matches get switched around. as far as 2k17 going into the calendar and removing/adding people to a show will also change the rival matches around, this also helps when it tries to book promo after promo after promo.

Armond, what you mean settings? I thought if you change something, it just makes the rivalry into "matches".

Have you ever had a rivalry match end other than a singles or normal tag match?

That to is annoying!

okay here's an example:

Rivalry 1: Taker vs Sting

Rivalry 2: Triple H vs Seth Rollins

Rivalry 3: KO vs Jericho

okay let's say i forgot to add them as enemies

so it would be

Rival a vs rival b for every one every week

i go into rivalry manager delete rivalry

set up the enemies/allies

rebook rivalries

now we have

Promo

Promo

Promo

I don't want that

so i would go into the callendar (let's say this is a raw show)

I'll take say Darren Young out of the show,

then add him back

when i come back into the show, the matches have changed. it may be 1 promo now with the other two rivalry matches being matches.

this doesn't always happen with the promos but with matches themselves constantly removing someone from a show via the calendar seems to do the trick. It's even better if you have allies set as well

also that cutscene where the guest never leaves, as soon as that cutscene is over, throw him on the apron and he will not bother you anymore for the rest of the match

I generally don't alter the matches set by the game unless I feel like it. For the most part I just set the rivalries and make whatever other tweaks I want to make to the card later.

I tend to play through matches of interest but I rarely play through every match on the card unless it's a PPV.

Archived