Why Roman Reigns might be pushed so much... [Theory]

GoreTench

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice question dodging. And if you think Vince saw Daniel Bryan as the guy in 2012 you're delusional.

Why wouldn't he have seen him as the guy?

Oh, sorry I forgot to mention that Vince is this evil businessman who conspires against those who aren't "big". Better now?

Yeah, Vince defo saw Bryan as bigger than Cena. Lol.

Nice job dodging the question again, though.

Wasn't it you who couldn't answer my question of something like "Why would the crowd be silent for Roman when they enjoy him being there?". If so, then the irony is quite nice.

But since you're such a detective, then yes, Vince probaly has a preference towards bigger guys. BUT I'm sure he also likes the "smaller" guys like the ones I mentioned. Are you satisfied yet?

You can really sum it up like Crowley said, or you can look at it this way.

1: He appeals to WWE's target audience (kids)

2: This drives merchandise sales.

3: Clearly he appeals to the ladies

4: He creates buzz

5: Vince likes him, because he has the "big man" type look that he feels a WWE superstar "hero" should be.

6: He can be connected to the legacy of Duane Johnson, who currently is the biggest name in Hollywood action. So that may draw fans of "post WWE" Rock to the product.

7: He's not actually entirely useless in the ring - despite the hate he receives. He can display good agility, and I don't think his basic wrestling technique is that bad either.

I honestly think if something were to happen to RR, he'd do well on the indies considering how, despite the reaction, popular he is.

The man is a natural heel. If they'd gone with the same plan they used with the Rock in 1998 they'd be printing money off him by now.

You're not wrong. Roman's booking is the opposite of how Rock was booked. Rock debuted as a babyface; Roman debuted as a heel. Rock became more hated as the babyface; Roman became more liked as the heel. Rock turned heel which eventually caused the fans to love him; Roman turned babyface which eventually caused the fans to turn on him.

The fans turned on Rock once they learned he was going to persue other interests. By the previous trends, when Roman persues another interest, he'll become more beloved than ever!

Wasn't it you who couldn't answer my question of something like "Why would the crowd be silent for Roman when they enjoy him being there?". If so, then the irony is quite nice.

I don't recall that but if I didn't answer that it's because it's a question that's started with false premises. It's the same as me asking 'Why would 3+3 be equal to 6 when 3+3 is equal to 2?'.

I don't recall that but if I didn't answer that it's because it's a question that's started with false premises. It's the same as me asking 'Why would 3+3 be equal to 6 when 3+3 is equal to 2?'.

My answer would be because 3+3=6 is a mathematical fact, whereas 3+3=2 is a contradiction to this fact. What false premises do you mean? That the crowd enjoys him being there?

Nice question dodging. And if you think Vince saw Daniel Bryan as the guy in 2012 you're delusional.

Why wouldn't he have seen him as the guy?

Oh, sorry I forgot to mention that Vince is this evil businessman who conspires against those who aren't "big". Better now?

I mean, before everyone shit on the main event of Randy vs Batista, Bryan was set to face Sheamus for a third Mania in a row in the mid card. Bryan was only added at the last second so that someone in the main event would be cheered. After that, Bryan dropped back down to the midcard with the IC title

Anyone who main events Mania 3 years in a row is gonna get 'a buzz' and topics like this, I don't get that point...

5: Vince likes him, because he has the "big man" type look that he feels a WWE superstar "hero" should be.

Holy shit can we stop saying that "Vince lieks big guys" in 2017.

Lol, is it not true? Oh nevermind, it isn't because Daniel Bryan and CM Punk were WWE champs. Please.

Who cares, it's just *censored*ing lame to hear in 2017. Find something new to say.

I'm not saying it's because either of those were champions. Don't assume things.

I know it's cliche to say it, but the only reason Roman Reigns is being pushed so hard is because of threads like this. He's the new "most controversial WWE Superstar™"! It's funny to think that if we had as much discussion about Alex Riley, he would be the face of the company right now instead. Maybe even Bo Dallas. All they had to do was create some buzz, but they couldn't do it. Roman Reigns is the perfect guy for the job in WWE. Anywhere else, he'd be abysmal. But in WWE, being able to generate buzz and speculation is all you need.

I enjoy watching Roman Reigns fail. I looked forward to seeing him drop the ball at WrestleMania. I was a little concerned that me may not deliver. Maybe he had improved since I last watched him. Nope. He delivered and I'm sorry I ever doubted him!

If you like the WWE style, he brings something to the table for everybody. Maybe you're like me and want to see a car crash. Maybe you genuinely just like the character (nothing wrong with that!). Or maybe you're one of the many people who gets just as much enjoyment out of complaining about wrestling on the internet as you do actually watching. Whatever the case, the Big Dog has you covered.

Didn't Ryder create tons of buzz but got shat on by WWE? What about Punk losing steam or looking bad or something? Went from being a champion who rarely headlined to being in a feud with a second-rate stable or something.

I know it's cliche to say it, but the only reason Roman Reigns is being pushed so hard is because of threads like this. He's the new "most controversial WWE Superstar™"! It's funny to think that if we had as much discussion about Alex Riley, he would be the face of the company right now instead. Maybe even Bo Dallas. All they had to do was create some buzz, but they couldn't do it. Roman Reigns is the perfect guy for the job in WWE. Anywhere else, he'd be abysmal. But in WWE, being able to generate buzz and speculation is all you need.

I enjoy watching Roman Reigns fail. I looked forward to seeing him drop the ball at WrestleMania. I was a little concerned that me may not deliver. Maybe he had improved since I last watched him. Nope. He delivered and I'm sorry I ever doubted him!

If you like the WWE style, he brings something to the table for everybody. Maybe you're like me and want to see a car crash. Maybe you genuinely just like the character (nothing wrong with that!). Or maybe you're one of the many people who gets just as much enjoyment out of complaining about wrestling on the internet as you do actually watching. Whatever the case, the Big Dog has you covered.

I absolutely love the way you look at wrestling in the WWE and what you're looking to get out of it btw.

My answer would be because 3+3=6 is a mathematical fact, whereas 3+3=2 is a contradiction to this fact. What false premises do you mean? That the crowd enjoys him being there?

Omg it's you...

Didn't Ryder create tons of buzz but got shat on by WWE? What about Punk losing steam or looking bad or something? Went from being a champion who rarely headlined to being in a feud with a second-rate stable or something.

Ryder got shot down because he dared to get over on his own, and that wasn't the plan. So WWE did what they often do, take something hot and attach "their guy" to it (same with the New Day, they put Cena in there with them) Roman is very much the plan, and if the desired reaction isn't forthcoming then they'll take any sort of reaction they can.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them put the Hardys with him on Raw soon in a match / angle because they'd like some of the rub from them being epically over to transmit to Roman.

Archived