Why Roman Reigns might be pushed so much... [Theory]

GoreTench

I know it's cliche to say it, but the only reason Roman Reigns is being pushed so hard is because of threads like this. He's the new "most controversial WWE Superstar™"! It's funny to think that if we had as much discussion about Alex Riley, he would be the face of the company right now instead. Maybe even Bo Dallas. All they had to do was create some buzz, but they couldn't do it. Roman Reigns is the perfect guy for the job in WWE. Anywhere else, he'd be abysmal. But in WWE, being able to generate buzz and speculation is all you need.

I enjoy watching Roman Reigns fail. I looked forward to seeing him drop the ball at WrestleMania. I was a little concerned that me may not deliver. Maybe he had improved since I last watched him. Nope. He delivered and I'm sorry I ever doubted him!

If you like the WWE style, he brings something to the table for everybody. Maybe you're like me and want to see a car crash. Maybe you genuinely just like the character (nothing wrong with that!). Or maybe you're one of the many people who gets just as much enjoyment out of complaining about wrestling on the internet as you do actually watching. Whatever the case, the Big Dog has you covered.

I absolutely love the way you look at wrestling in the WWE and what you're looking to get out of it btw.

Thanks. I'm sure I'll keep changing my mind like I already have over the years, but right now, I really do enjoy WWE. I think the main reason is because the industry is so different now where all wrestling is so easily accessible. I used to see little bits and pieces of different styles of wrestling from all over the world, and I wanted WWE to be all of that at the same time. Now I can watch all of that stuff though, so I have more of an appreciate for WWE's own unique style.

Except he doesn't bring something to the table for everybody, because many people just don't want to watch him lmao.

Chances are they secretly enjoy complaining about him on the internet though. Over time I've come to realize that the real appeal of WWE isn't the wrestling or even the storylines. It's just the fact that you can always count on there being some kind of "happenings" to look forward to, whether it's some guy jumping ship from NJPW, a big scandal, or weird booking decision. Roman Reigns brings that.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's cliche to say it, but the only reason Roman Reigns is being pushed so hard is because of threads like this. He's the new "most controversial WWE Superstar"! It's funny to think that if we had as much discussion about Alex Riley, he would be the face of the company right now instead. Maybe even Bo Dallas. All they had to do was create some buzz, but they couldn't do it. Roman Reigns is the perfect guy for the job in WWE. Anywhere else, he'd be abysmal. But in WWE, being able to generate buzz and speculation is all you need.

I enjoy watching Roman Reigns fail. I looked forward to seeing him drop the ball at WrestleMania. I was a little concerned that me may not deliver. Maybe he had improved since I last watched him. Nope. He delivered and I'm sorry I ever doubted him!

If you like the WWE style, he brings something to the table for everybody. Maybe you're like me and want to see a car crash. Maybe you genuinely just like the character (nothing wrong with that!). Or maybe you're one of the many people who gets just as much enjoyment out of complaining about wrestling on the internet as you do actually watching. Whatever the case, the Big Dog has you covered.

I absolutely love the way you look at wrestling in the WWE and what you're looking to get out of it btw.

Thanks. I'm sure I'll keep changing my mind like I already have over the years, but right now, I really do enjoy WWE. I think the main reason is because the industry is so different now where all wrestling is so easily accessible. I used to see little bits and pieces of different styles of wrestling from all over the world, and I wanted WWE to be all of that at the same time. Now I can watch all of that stuff though, so I have more of an appreciate for WWE's own unique style.

Except he doesn't bring something to the table for everybody, because many people just don't want to watch him lmao.

Chances are they secretly enjoy complaining about him on the internet though. Over time I've come to realize that the real appeal of WWE isn't the wrestling or even the storylines. It's just the fact that you can always count on there being some kind of "happenings" to look forward to, whether it's some guy jumping ship from NJPW, a big scandal, or weird booking decision. Roman Reigns brings that.

Well I'm speaking for myself. I don't enjoy complaining about him online, in fact I barely ever do. I just don't like watching him, I have no secret agenda.

I don't think you enjoy complaining about him and I don't think you have a secret agenda. But why would you be here if you didn't think he was worthy of discussing?

Because I like talking about wrestling in general. Doesn't necessarily mean I enjoy watching him.

Vince does like big guys but what's wrong with that? If you like cruiserweights there's like a billion other promotions out there with fast, little guys. Also, I find it odd that when Roman Reigns is brought up, people almost act like all of the responsibility falls on Vince. What about Johny Ace, Triple H, and even Kevin Dunn?

And as others have said, Vince doesn't exclusively like big guys. Roman Reigns is not big and he doesn't have an impressive physique. Vince is partial to handsome wrestlers (he was madly in love with Shawn Michaels). But then again, apparently he once said that his favorite wrestler was Daniel Bryan. Keep in mind that just because you have a favorite wrestler doesn't mean you think they should be the main character.

I don't think you enjoy complaining about him and I don't think you have a secret agenda. But why would you be here if you didn't think he was worthy of discussing?

Because I like talking about wrestling in general. Doesn't necessarily mean I enjoy watching him.

I understand that you don't enjoy watching him perform, but you said he doesn't bring something to the table for everybody. All I'm saying is that in your case, he gives you something to talk about. I enjoy talking about wrestling in general too. But I enjoy talking about it because it's a weird business full of crazy stories and people. Roman Reigns being pushed to the moon is just one of those things that's interesting. WWE would be boring without stuff like that.

You see more threads about Roman Reigns than anybody because people like to speculate about backstage drama and stuff. Notice how the Simon Gotch thread has four pages. No one would have cared to talk about Simon Gotch that much if he didn't quit and there weren't all these scandalous rumors about him.

Archived